Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACC or SEC??
Not even close.:please:
The SEC by far is better than the ACC.
Florida State is not what they once were. Miami the same. Virginia Tech is carrying the load right now for the conference, but they would be in trouble if they were a member of the SEC and had to navigate Florida, LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, etc, every year. And the occasional Ole Miss type teams that rise up to prominance a couple of times per decade. UK, USC, and others aren't always pushovers either anymore.

IMO, SEC is the # 1 conference in the nation. Big 12 just behind, PAC 10 coming in next, and then the BIG 10.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Right now the sec is but the acc was real young. The acc has produced more 1st round draft pics during the last decade then any school. In two years the acc will be the best.

The SEC is and always be the best football conf out there..... In the ACC you can pick most of the games easy. In the SEC any of the teams can win... Old Miss show that last year beatting FL at FL....
cj2561 Wrote:The SEC is and always be the best football conf out there..... In the ACC you can pick most of the games easy. In the SEC any of the teams can win... Old Miss show that last year beatting FL at FL....

So true...upsets every week...(UK vs LSU). I've always said if you go thru the SEC undefeated you have to be a top 3 team nationally and it's been like that for many years. I remember when nobody gave Bama a chance against Miami (when they had great teams).

Here's a good link on NC's
http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/champ...ional.html
Hands down the SEC!
I wish UL was in the SEC to prove to all you that SEC is way overated!!! Confusedhh:
UofL Wrote:I wish UL was in the SEC to prove to all you that SEC is way overated!!! Confusedhh:

This thread is asking which conference is the better football conference. Wink
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This thread is asking which conference is the better football conference. Wink

And I'm TELLING all of you that thinks SEC is the best that your crazy if you believe this. :Thumbs: :thanks:
UofL Wrote:And I'm TELLING all of you that thinks SEC is the best that your crazy if you believe this. :Thumbs: :thanks:

:thatsfunn You are in a laughable minority if you don't think the SEC is the best football conference.
outdoorsman43 Wrote::thatsfunn You are in a laughable minority if you don't think the SEC is the best football conference.

IMO the Big East are slowly taken over!!! But as of right now.. I think the PAC 10 is the best!! Confusedhh:
UofL Wrote:IMO the Big East are slowly taken over!!! But as of right now.. I think the PAC 10 is the best!! Confusedhh:

The Big East is in no way about to take over.

On another note, name one other school that can win a big bowl game out of the Pac-10 other than USC.
UofL Wrote:IMO the Big East are slowly taken over!!! But as of right now.. I think the PAC 10 is the best!! Confusedhh:

half the teams below .500 there (PAC 10)??? Lots of draft picks for USC

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:lmao:

Not only do you make one completely laughable point...you follow it up with another one. Thanks for this.

What is the Big East about to take over? The title for the most JUCO players signed? On any given year a middle of the road SEC team would win the Big East with little resistance.

Also..there is a reason why people call it the "Pac-1".
UofL Wrote:I wish UL was in the SEC to prove to all you that SEC is way overated!!! Confusedhh:

As a Louisville fan, I assume you'd want them to win at least one game... Not going to happen in the SEC. :biggrin:
It is better, but not by as much as people want to believe.
SEC hands down.
TheONLY1 Wrote:You can't judge a comference by 1 year. I know the acc had a down year last year every conference does. They were young, real young and soon they will be able to compete with any conference and unless you can read the future and tell me they wont your opinion doesn't matter to me.:Thumbs:

And what makes you think I'm only judging the ACC on 1 year? I would bet I've been following college football for a lot longer than you, I can promise you that the SEC has been the better conference for at least the last 20 years. Every year. No exceptions.

That's fine that my opinion doesn't matter to you. I'm okay with that, as long as my opinion is right. Which it is. :biggrin:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UofL Wrote:And I'm TELLING all of you that thinks SEC is the best that your crazy if you believe this. :Thumbs: :thanks:

Then there are a lot of crazy people on here... Rolleyes

There is really no valid argument for any other conference besides the SEC to be the best, except for the Big 12 (which is a solid second). After thpse two, it drops off a lot.

The PAC-10 may have the best football program right now (USC), but the whole league isn't even in the same ballpark as the SEC. And the Big East is just like the PAC-10, except without USC.

And as for Louisville in the SEC? The last couple years they haven't even been able to beat Kentucky, which is in the bottom third of the SEC. If they had to play the SEC's better teams like Florida or LSU, they'd find out what SEC football is all about.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:flush: :zzz: :flush:
SEC by far.
the history doesnt even compare as well as the present and the future wont either.
The best players in history have came from the SEC.
:thanks:
SolidOxygen Wrote:SEC by far.
the history doesnt even compare as well as the present and the future wont either.

:Thumbs:

UofL will be like UK is the SEC. Even a few years back, when UofL went 12-1. If they was in the SEC they would be 8-5.... They Big East might put a lot of ponits up, but they don't have any D in that conf.
SolidOxygen Wrote:SEC by far.

Player from the SEC, if they good in the NFL... They just got on a team with the style of ball that fit them... Just take Herschel Walker when he was with the Cowboys 1000 yards rusher a year. When they trade him to the Vikings he didn't done nothing....
There wasnt a team in the SEC that Louisville could have beat last year..SERIOUSLY. They would have went 0-8 last year in the conference. They had better stick where they are (which by the way, isnt a bad conference but lets face it, compared to the SEC, its like the Sun Belt), because they would get brought to their knees in this conference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cj2561 Wrote:Player from the SEC, if they good in the NFL... They just got on a team with the style of ball that fit them... Just take Herschel Walker when he was with the Cowboys 1000 yards rusher a year. When they trade him to the Vikings he didn't done nothing....

He also played with the Eagles.