Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carr Fork Lake
Whats your thoughts...this is the like I fish the most....anybody else have any luck
Never fished here.
Alot of current and steep ledges. I cut my teeth on this lake. My Grandaddy helped build it so i got alot of knowledge on this body. I have been sending my brother batches of hand poured 4 inch lizards in a color called Green Bruiser. You can order them at REEBSLURES.com. Get a 25 count sack. My brother has been wrecking the pre-spawners on this color with the C-rig. Also for the smallies go to Iovino.com and get the smallmouth killer color. Drop-Shot this and you will crush the brown fish. Do not forget about fish pond. You could break the state record Largemouth record for sure. Trout population means protein bass diet. I pulled some dandys outta there and had follow ups on the Huddleston's that would challenge the record. I live on the left coast now and haven't got the time to put in. I wish i had one month to just toss swimbaiots there now that i know how to use them.
Hilbily Wrote:Alot of current and steep ledges. I cut my teeth on this lake. My Grandaddy helped build it so i got alot of knowledge on this body. I have been sending my brother batches of hand poured 4 inch lizards in a color called Green Bruiser. You can order them at REEBSLURES.com. Get a 25 count sack. My brother has been wrecking the pre-spawners on this color with the C-rig. Also for the smallies go to Iovino.com and get the smallmouth killer color. Drop-Shot this and you will crush the brown fish. Do not forget about fish pond. You could break the state record Largemouth record for sure. Trout population means protein bass diet. I pulled some dandys outta there and had follow ups on the Huddleston's that would challenge the record. I live on the left coast now and haven't got the time to put in. I wish i had one month to just toss swimbaiots there now that i know how to use them.

Fished fish pnd alot but cant do no good there maybe you could point me in a different direction....but Carr Fork you where one of the people whom built the lake????so maybe you could tell me exactly where the drop off is by the beach???PM on that one if you dont mind...lol....So your bro catches smallmouth there!!! where at
My Grandaddy helped build the lake. I never fished near the beach. I do remeber a drop from diving not far outside the buoy lines. I was there as a teen mostly on my uncles stratos. I will catch up to my bro and see if i can get you a couple waypoints if you got GPS. If you have any skill with the swimbaits then at fishpond try the dam. If you line up adjacent to the dam about 60 yards out then you will find an the old dam. It was submerged when they built the new one. It makes a good ambush spot for the bass that are keying on trout. Also the whole bottom is grass. Rip jerkbaits just above the grass and lipless cranks for the reaction strike during the post spawn. Stick to very natural colors because the visibility is sometimes 15ft or so. Super clear. Also in the fall as the grass begins to die off there will be isolated patches left. If you set up on these patches near deep breaks you are gonna be on the bass at fishpond. Here is a good spot to swim the tubes on a darter head. Use the larger 4in tubes as the shad will be large this time of year.
My bro isn't willing to part with any waypoints. There is an abundant population of alewives in the lake. The Largemouth are also keying on these as a major source. The last few tourney's have posted very small weights. The most recent studies found the Largemouth at age-3 to be around 12in average. This is pretty typical of river type impoundments. Try the lures that i recommended and let me know how it goes for you. Also he added that purples and pinks are pretty hot bait colors. He did good on a color called Tripper also made by Reebslures. I would also try the peoples worm by ROBO. He said right after most fish come off beds the floating worm twiched over submerged cover and wood is a good ticket. Use the bubblegum color for this approach. You can contact reebslures and specify any color you would like. They could even do a tripper with sour grape vein and then you got pink and purple in one package. I would also try the Margarita Mutilator.
The Smallmouth team up on any eddies and rocky spots in the current is the word. Gitzit's are the best option. My bro has also done well with small spinnerbaits in chartruese and do not exclude the inline spinners. Good luck and tight lines.