Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Vick Back To The NFL?
Michael Vick met Tuesday with former Colts coach Tony Dungy at the federal prison in Leavenworth, Kan.

"I can confirm that Michael met with coach Dungy," Vick's agent, Joel Segal, said. "The discussions were private, but the meeting was very positive."

Vick met with Dungy to discuss his life after he gets out of prison......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4141706

Should The NFL Accept Vick Back?
I dont see why not, the PETA freaks may hang me for saying this but it was a witch hunt from the beginning..
C.Clair Wrote:I dont see why not, the PETA freaks may hang me for saying this but it was a witch hunt from the beginning..

I agree 100 percent. People fight dogs everywhere, but since he is Michael Vick, everyone came down harder on him and it was unfair. Anyone else would have had a fine and possibly probation, possibly even a little jail time, but nothing like this. If I was a GM or a coach I would love to have Vick.
I hope Vick comes back. He was so exciting to watch and will be the same when he comes back.
cowboys or raiders will take him,lol
He paid his dues, let him play. :nfl:
Cowboys, Raiders..WHAT ABOUT THE BENGALS..He does fit there criteria now that he has served timeSmile
I think alot more teams will take a serious look at him than people think. The Pats have a good track record about turning troubled players around.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I agree 100 percent. People fight dogs everywhere, but since he is Michael Vick, everyone came down harder on him and it was unfair. Anyone else would have had a fine and possibly probation, possibly even a little jail time, but nothing like this. If I was a GM or a coach I would love to have Vick.

This is downright illogical thinking! Just because I drive 75 in a 55 everyday, for the last 5 years, and it's today that I get pulled over, doesn't mean that I was in the right for all the times that I didn't get caught. He did something ILLEGAL. He deserved to pay for the crime that HE committed. To not hold him accountable is wrong. If others didn't hold others accountable for the same actions, then that is the law enforcers wrong doing for not doing their job.
Stardust Wrote:This is downright illogical thinking! Just because I drive 75 in a 55 everyday, for the last 5 years, and it's today that I get pulled over, doesn't mean that I was in the right for all the times that I didn't get caught. He did something ILLEGAL. He deserved to pay for the crime that HE committed. To not hold him accountable is wrong. If others didn't hold others accountable for the same actions, then that is the law enforcers wrong doing for not doing their job.

This is true in every way and im glad they made a nice example of vick, but thats the problem, thats what they did with him. they took a big name and made people think he was the devil. people get arrested in inez ky all the time for animal abusment and animal cruelty, but the next day u see them walking down the street. vick did deserve punishment but nothing as to how bad they made it, and vicks very exciting to watch, and for the person that said the cowboys u need to watch some football, romo got that locked for years to come
stardust I agree with you, but the man paid his debt to society. He done his jail time, and PETA got some money from him. Would it have been any worse if he was caught with pot or cocaine?
cougarpride08 Wrote:stardust I agree with you, but the man paid his debt to society. He done his jail time, and PETA got some money from him. Would it have been any worse if he was caught with pot or cocaine?

NO HE WOULD HAVE GOT OUT OF IT.
The man did his time, let him make a life for him and his family. If thats in the NFL so be it, but you cant hate on a guy that paid his dues and was going to jail anyway due to the fact that it was a witch hunt to begin with. I myself agree with the posts on here about he needed to pay for what he did, but on average when someone is caught dog fighting and financing dog fighting they pay fines, they never get a year and a half in prison.
All I am saying is what more punishment does he deserve?
I personially dont think any. He has already gotten enough from PETA and everyone else.
Am I the only one who thinks that it would be hilarious to see him with the Browns and have to play in the Dog Pound at least 8 times a year?
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I would def take Vick if I was a coach or GM. He wouldn't be at Qb but I know I could find some use for him. Maybe in a wilcat formation???
Amun-Ra Wrote:I would def take Vick if I was a coach or GM. He wouldn't be at Qb but I know I could find some use for him. Maybe in a wilcat formation???

I agree with you, But vick will probally be able to still play the Qb position, You know he was treated like a king in the pin and had 25 Terrel Owens to pass the football to, (ha) :biggrin: But seriously when he played for the falcons he was so fun to watch it was like a mouse and cat game, vick being the mouse and always a bit to quick for everyone else
Vick would fit perfect in a wildcat formation along with Pat White in Miami Big Grin
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Nope ban him...he ****** up and now needs to move on...theres plenty of QB's in the NFL that hasn't ever broke the law good people that deserves a chance...Don't get me wrong I'm not one of those far left people but there are other athletes that deserve a chance...
I don't think it was seriously bad enough to ban him.
As a Cowboy fan and Mountianeer fan I was glad to see Pac-Man get another chance. I say let Vick come back! I'd like to see what hes got left.
Recznik Wrote:Nope ban him...he ****** up and now needs to move on...theres plenty of QB's in the NFL that hasn't ever broke the law good people that deserves a chance...Don't get me wrong I'm not one of those far left people but there are other athletes that deserve a chance...

So Ray Lewis can kill someone and still play, but Mike fights dogs and nobody wants him back? That is pretty dumb I must say.
excyter21 Wrote:As a Cowboy fan and Mountianeer fan I was glad to see Pac-Man get another chance. I say let Vick come back! I'd like to see what hes got left.

I agree.
I say let him back in, everyone deserves a second chance if they have served their time !!!!
Stardust Wrote:This is downright illogical thinking! Just because I drive 75 in a 55 everyday, for the last 5 years, and it's today that I get pulled over, doesn't mean that I was in the right for all the times that I didn't get caught. He did something ILLEGAL. He deserved to pay for the crime that HE committed. To not hold him accountable is wrong. If others didn't hold others accountable for the same actions, then that is the law enforcers wrong doing for not doing their job.

I wasn't meaning he shouldn't have been punished or got in trouble, but if he wasn't a huge athlete he would have been punished a lot lighter, and the media wouldn't blow it up and make it a huge deal. Like someone else said, he did his time, PETA got some money, and I'm sure he regrets it, let the man play again he is a **** of a player.
Recznik Wrote:Nope ban him...he ****** up and now needs to move on...theres plenty of QB's in the NFL that hasn't ever broke the law good people that deserves a chance...Don't get me wrong I'm not one of those far left people but there are other athletes that deserve a chance...

Well the NFL is supposed to be the best of the best, and Vick is a freakish athlete, either as QB or running. I agree there might be some QB's that deserve a chance, but I think everyone deserves a 2nd chance too. He has proven himself as a great player. You are probably just wanting your favorite college QB to get a chance at the NFL or something, but I'm sure the NFL coaches and GM's know what they are doing. The bottom line is Michael Vick deserves another chance.
I don't know way any team would want him as a QB... If i take him, i would put him in the back field... That is what he want to do anyways, run with the ball.....
cj2561 Wrote:I don't know way any team would want him as a QB... If i take him, i would put him in the back field... That is what he want to do anyways, run with the ball.....

I believe he needs to be at the QB position. He's great there. He can get away from any blitzing defenders because of his speed and he can throw pretty well on the run. So, if I was a coach I'd definitely put him at QB. But, that's just my opinion.
Vikings need to forget about Farve, go for Vick!TongueirateSho