Sep 11, 09 Whitley County away 7:30 PM
Sep 18, 09 Open
Sep 25, 09 Rockcastle County home 7:30 PM
Oct 2, 09 Knox Central home 7:30 PM
Oct 9, 09 Soddy Daisy, TN home 7:30 PM
Oct 16, 09 Madison Southern away 7:30 PM
Oct 23, 09 McCreary Central away 7:30 PM
Oct 30, 09 Harlan County home 7:30 PM

Thoughts? Two Tennessee schools in the schedule, but don't know that much about them.
Alcoa's a small school but boasts a strong football program. They're coming off a 14-1 season and their won their 5th straight 2A State championship (10th overall I think).

Soddy Daisy was 8-4 last year losing to Ooltewah in the 2nd round of the 5A playoffs. Had a bad streak after '04 (including a 1 win and 2 win year) until this past season.
Thanks for the info. Great first game to play.
could be several loses, good list of teams,like to see them and belfry play in the future..
Depends on what kind of team shows up.
9-1 Go Cats
cuppett777 Wrote:could be several loses, good list of teams,like to see them and belfry play in the future..

:thatsfunn I think they may find a way to avoid several L's.

Alcoa produces multiple D-1 recruits every year. Randall Cobb would be the one most of the UK people would know. Typically they lose 1 game a season to cross town rival Maryville who also wins state championships nearly every year.

Soddy Daisy is a team getting back on the right track and lost a close game to the eventual 5A state champs in Tennesse.
Tough schedule. Bell Co will find ways to win those hard game as usual. They start out of the gate early witha a major battle with traditional power Alcoa.
8-2 regular season.
William Muney Wrote::thatsfunn I think they may find a way to avoid several L's.

Alcoa produces multiple D-1 recruits every year. Randall Cobb would be the one most of the UK people would know. Typically they lose 1 game a season to cross town rival Maryville who also wins state championships nearly every year.

Soddy Daisy is a team getting back on the right track and lost a close game to the eventual 5A state champs in Tennesse.

i know all about alcoa and maryville i lived in tn as well. both very good
i know they should lose 2 that beening alcoa and jc, but they win them all
cuppett777 Wrote:i know they should lose 2 that beening alcoa and jc, but they win them all

I could see losing to Alcoa but I don't see JC game as being a loss. Don't see JC being as good as they were last year. I could be missing something I know that they will have a good football team but not as good as last year IMO. I see Bell better as good if not better.
Amped 88 Wrote:I could see losing to Alcoa but I don't see JC game as being a loss. Don't see JC being as good as they were last year. I could be missing something I know that they will have a good football team but not as good as last year IMO. I see Bell better as good if not better.

jc didnt lose alot, they will be tough,just watch
cuppett777 Wrote:jc didnt lose alot, they will be tough,just watch

I thought they had lost several key players. I really didn't know it will be a great matchup next season when Bell and JC meet.
cuppett777 Wrote:jc didnt lose alot, they will be tough,just watch

Lost alot of front people and qb?
How many state titles have Bell won in their history?
Bell has probably won of the hardest schedules in the state this year. Best of luck to Dudley and crew.
MisterPerfect Wrote:How many state titles have Bell won in their history?

1991 and 2008
But we tend to forget that dudley left won a state championship at burbone co, and came back. I think there will be more banners in the future at the bobcat field.
cougarpride08 Wrote:But we tend to forget that dudley left won a state championship at burbone co, and came back. I think there will be more banners in the future at the bobcat field.

I sure hope that you are right about that. I would love to see some more state titles on Lof Mountain:biggrin:
I am for any mountain team that goes and wins the state championship.
Amped 88 Wrote:I could see losing to Alcoa but I don't see JC game as being a loss. Don't see JC being as good as they were last year. I could be missing something I know that they will have a good football team but not as good as last year IMO. I see Bell better as good if not better.

after looking at what they lost i agree with you, should have done that 1st
cuppett777 Wrote:after looking at what they lost i agree with you, should have done that 1st

I thought that they lost quite a bit.
Amped 88 Wrote:I thought that they lost quite a bit.

yea some key players ,but they will probaly still be tuff..
cuppett777 Wrote:yea some key players ,but they will probaly still be tuff..

I know they will be tough and it will be a tough place for Bell County to go in and get the victory.
Dudley Hilton knows how to get a schedule together.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Dudley Hilton knows how to get a schedule together.

He sure has put togethor one of the toughest in the state this year.
that is a good test for the bobcats
THE BIG DOG Wrote:that is a good test for the bobcats

I agree if they are 2-2 after the first 4 games Bell will sitting pretty.
Bell Co should go 9-1 Regular season with a loss to Alcoa. Bell Co returns alot of good players back. Evryone needs to come watch that game. UK is recruitng a player from Alcoa this year. Also have heard from Dudley that Randall Cobb is suppose to attend the game. Who knows though Bell could upset Alcoa playing at Log Mountain!

Bell Co 2008 Class 4A State Champions!!!!!