Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midnight Madness pictures of Commonwealth
Wouldn't this be awsome!!!!

[Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-mlhIzm6B8s/Sg...adness.JPG]
that is amazing.
WOW. That would be amazing if it actually happened.
No No No Football Only.
Wow, I think we are going to need that many tickets and seats, then still there will be people that miss out.
I bet when the other coaches that heard Cal say he wants to hold BBM at Commonwealth, they all at once said, "awww ****", there went some of my recruits....LMAO
I agree, I honestly believe that Kentucky could possibly get close to 100,00 Thousand people there for midnight madness, 1st come, 1st serve with tickets...
i dont see why the university wouldnt let him do this....
weather!
^ Biggest issue
Amun-Ra Wrote:i dont see why the university wouldnt let him do this....
Coach Cal has backed off of this idea some stating that weather (rain/cold) and the higher possibility of injury (moisture on the court especially late at night). Damage to the football field and the field isn't flat (crowned down the middle) so it would harder to get the court level.

It would be a disaster if they planned the event and then it rained.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think they should schedule it for Commonwealth and then if the weather doesn't cooperate then move it inside. I realize it would take a ton of work and sacrifices, but if the weather permits and it is held outside, it would be 100 times cooler than anthing any other school has done in history. Coach Cal should just tell them to "make it happen."
The threat of weather is why they would not do this.
if only we had a dome :-(
jetpilot Wrote:I think they should schedule it for Commonwealth and then if the weather doesn't cooperate then move it inside. I realize it would take a ton of work and sacrifices, but if the weather permits and it is held outside, it would be 100 times cooler than anthing any other school has done in history. Coach Cal should just tell them to "make it happen."
I don't think you can really "just move it inside" I mean that would require setting up 2 venues (big expense) and also bringing in another floor since they would probably move the one from Rupp to Commonwealth.

Also, how do you select the 23,000 people that get to go into Rupp out of the 80,000+ that would have tickets to Commonwealth?

I mean it is an AMAZING idea, but if it is scheduled then they would run the risk of not having a MM at all if the weather doesn't cooperate. Then the team would just have a normal practice at the Craft Center that night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It is a good idea but all of the things that go into it like the weather and the field not being flat makes it nearly impossibe.
Beef Wrote:I don't think you can really "just move it inside" I mean that would require setting up 2 venues (big expense) and also bringing in another floor since they would probably move the one from Rupp to Commonwealth.

Also, how do you select the 23,000 people that get to go into Rupp out of the 80,000+ that would have tickets to Commonwealth?

I mean it is an AMAZING idea, but if it is scheduled then they would run the risk of not having a MM at all if the weather doesn't cooperate. Then the team would just have a normal practice at the Craft Center that night.

good point. would make about 57,000 people very mad
i'n just looking forward to the coach's entrance
beasy_bo Wrote:i'n just looking forward to the coach's entrance

Imagine how loud it's going to be when Coach Cal walks out.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Imagine how loud it's going to be when Coach Cal walks out.

its going to be crazy and i just wonder what they already got planned. you know it has t be big!!
Why not have it in rupp, but let some people go to commenwelth and have former players meet and greet there. Do something cool out there while big blue madness is in there. They have plenty of time to figure something out.
I would hope the University would have enough respect for Rich Brooks and the UK football team to not do this. I honestly think that if I were Brooks and they did this I would hand in my resignation the next day. Commonwealth Stadium is for football. Period.

And by the way, don't give Coach Cal too much credit for the idea, Pitino tried to do it his first year at Kentucky and, much like Coach Cal, backed off the idea very quickly.
That's awesome!
Several ways it could be done. One would be to sell the 24000 tickets for Rupp, then move it to Commonwealth if the weather is good and sell tickets at the gate. Yeah it would take a lot of work but all cool things do.

Like all things, there will be a million people with a million different reasons why it can't be done. You just have to tune those people out.

Here is the bottom line: A program with all the smarts and resources in the world like UK - which can spend millions to get rid of a coach they don't want and then pay the coach they do want more than any other coach in the country - can figure out how to shoot a few hoops outside on an October evening. It's really not that complicated.

Think outside the box people!
I have much respect for football,heck I would like to see this kind of things happen for football. But we have the ball back in our court! One the best coach in basketball! MAYBE the best group of recruits in alltime. The BEST basketball program in the nation! And without any ? the BEST FANS in the game! I bet we could fill the Georgia Dome. I hope we put on a show that will come close to what we are going to see each game.

THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah that wouldnt be badass at all, lol Do it!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I Say Give It A Go!