Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Fraley Hired as Knott Co. Central's Head Coach
Jeter_theman Wrote:Laughing stock.... You have that right.

Tate and Stuart do watch the baseball games. Tate was a very good SS when he played baseball. So, he was there to support the baseball team. I assure you of that. Tate is a good kid. Probably the best kid that came from JBS.

Wow! Such praise from Jeter, teamate of A-Roid! alias baseball dad:worthy:
killerb Wrote:Wow! Such praise from Jeter, teamate of A-Roid! alias baseball dad:worthy:

Please see this post: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=40

Dang! Now I lost more points from my IQ. A Drum beats softly in the woods. Softly.....
I may be a little dumb, but to me it makes sense to interview these two boys during the baseball game. I would also like to know what they said about the new coach, and were they excited? Thanks!
no one listen to aslan, he is terrible at ball, he doesn't need to be telling anyone who is good and who isn't. he was a fluke at perry. he doesn't know anything about going to state, well playing in it anyway. hahaha.
memphistiger Wrote:no one listen to aslan, he is terrible at ball, he doesn't need to be telling anyone who is good and who isn't. he was a fluke at perry. he doesn't know anything about going to state, well playing in it anyway. hahaha.

And you do? Did you even graduate high school? Your not half as good as you think you are. You could never beat me in a game of one on one. If you think you can, give me a call, you got my number.
Tate seemed excited about it. Stewart didn't say much (nervous).

Throughout the entire interviews, the announcers kept you up to date about the game. They didn't show disrespect to the baseball team.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Don't be so fast to assume they don't care. Have you ever been to a baseball game, there is so much down time in between batters, pitches and innings to do a whole talk show. I'm sure they didn't miss an out or an at bat, but during the game what is wrong with a little conversation. If you watch a MLB game on tv those announcers talk about a blue million things other than the ball game sometimes, just to waste some of the dead time WKCB does a heck of a job covering sports in Knott County and they definitely care about their sports, you are dead wrong on this comment. :devilflam

How many baseball games did WKCB do this year? How many basketball games did WKCB do this year? Exactly, they don't care about baseball. I have played, watched, and coached baseball for many years and what I listened to on Tuesday night on WKCB was a joke. As far as doing a heck of a job covering Knott County, how many times you see them at Cordia or JBS? Your comment should have read "they do a somewhat decent job coming Knott County CENTRAL BASKETBALL.......
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:How many baseball games did WKCB do this year? How many basketball games did WKCB do this year? Exactly, they don't care about baseball. I have played, watched, and coached baseball for many years and what I listened to on Tuesday night on WKCB was a joke. As far as doing a heck of a job covering Knott County, how many times you see them at Cordia or JBS? Your comment should have read "they do a somewhat decent job coming Knott County CENTRAL BASKETBALL.......

Not to take up for WKCB, but none of the Perry County radio stations cover baseball as much neither. You have to have the advertising and the interest. And in the mountains, there isn't much interest in baseball. I hate say it, but just a reality.
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:How many baseball games did WKCB do this year? How many basketball games did WKCB do this year? Exactly, they don't care about baseball. I have played, watched, and coached baseball for many years and what I listened to on Tuesday night on WKCB was a joke. As far as doing a heck of a job covering Knott County, how many times you see them at Cordia or JBS? Your comment should have read "they do a somewhat decent job coming Knott County CENTRAL BASKETBALL.......

You forgot about football! We covered all 11 games this past season! 100% coverage. You have to realize what goes into covering games....Having someone to run board at station...being able to get to game site in time( We all work other jobs), and most of getting SPONSORSHIP for games....As for Cordia we covered 7 games,, JBS 5 games and t Cordia and JBS do appreciate the games we cover for them! AS to how many baseball games we covered this year only one before district tournament (several rained out) and the fact i'm (Drum) getiing old and have had some health issues. We will however carry all of the 14th Region Tourney on WKCB and http://www.wkcb.com
killerb Wrote:You forgot about football! We covered all 11 games this past season! 100% coverage. You have to realize what goes into covering games....Having someone to run board at station...being able to get to game site in time( We all work other jobs), and most of getting SPONSORSHIP for games....As for Cordia we covered 7 games,, JBS 5 games and t Cordia and JBS do appreciate the games we cover for them! AS to how many baseball games we covered this year only one before district tournament (several rained out) and the fact i'm (Drum) getiing old and have had some health issues. We will however carry all of the 14th Region Tourney on WKCB and http://www.wkcb.com

Listened to several games through your web-site!! Thanks!! :Thumbs:
killerb Wrote:You forgot about football! We covered all 11 games this past season! 100% coverage. You have to realize what goes into covering games....Having someone to run board at station...being able to get to game site in time( We all work other jobs), and most of getting SPONSORSHIP for games....As for Cordia we covered 7 games,, JBS 5 games and t Cordia and JBS do appreciate the games we cover for them! AS to how many baseball games we covered this year only one before district tournament (several rained out) and the fact i'm (Drum) getiing old and have had some health issues. We will however carry all of the 14th Region Tourney on WKCB and http://www.wkcb.com

I'm sure it does take a lot to do the games, and any time you can cover a game I'm sure the kids appreciate it! It is hard to work another job and come home and go do something else ,when you get older, keep up the good work!!!!
Where did Coach Fraley come from?
killerb Wrote:You forgot about football! We covered all 11 games this past season! 100% coverage. You have to realize what goes into covering games....Having someone to run board at station...being able to get to game site in time( We all work other jobs), and most of getting SPONSORSHIP for games....As for Cordia we covered 7 games,, JBS 5 games and t Cordia and JBS do appreciate the games we cover for them! AS to how many baseball games we covered this year only one before district tournament (several rained out) and the fact i'm (Drum) getiing old and have had some health issues. We will however carry all of the 14th Region Tourney on WKCB and www.wkcb.com

I commend the coverage of WKCB on sports. The logistics of covering basketball is much easier than baseball. Any coverage is better than none for the listening audience.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Where did Coach Fraley come from?

Pulaski Co.
Coach Fraley is one of the winningest coaches in the state of Kentucky. He made his career at Pulaski County High School where he lead his team to a state championship in the 80's. Mr. Basketball Reggie Hansen was on that team along with Dave's son, Shannon. He also coached at Powell County before Pulaski.
Just about anybody could have won the state with Reggie Hanson.
Looks like good things are headed to KCC.