Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tournament limit
Anyone else think that there should be a tournament limit for 1 month on a lake....I think the reason fishing is so tough is the number of tournamet....I mean at Carr Fork and Dewey there is a tuesday and thursday tourney....and atleast one on Saturday AND sunday....that is to many that isaround 20 a month
If you can't fish with the pressure you are holding back your learning curve. Our lakes here in Sandiego are not near as big as Carr and get the same pressure. We average around 40-50 boats per event. The water here is gin clear as well. Still the average winning weight is usually between 16-25lbs. At Carr the water is normally stained or worse and that helps the bite when the pressure is on. Sharpen up on all the finesse techniques and it will pay off big. I like it when alot of traffic stirs everything up. Boaters,skiers, jet ski's. Most anglers feel that it hurts the bit but i feel it makes alot of good things happen to. In some situations i motor right over my spot and deliberatley stir things up. If the forage is down in the cover holding tight and you shake that spot up and get them moving then you can turn the bite on in some cases. I drop that trolling motor in with a big plop and get to picking the angles. All the traffic on the lake is part of there natural environment. They live there day in and day out with those conditions. The key is to not throw what everybody else is throwing.
Hilbily Wrote:If you can't fish with the pressure you are holding back your learning curve. Our lakes here in Sandiego are not near as big as Carr and get the same pressure. We average around 40-50 boats per event. The water here is gin clear as well. Still the average winning weight is usually between 16-25lbs. At Carr the water is normally stained or worse and that helps the bite when the pressure is on. Sharpen up on all the finesse techniques and it will pay off big. I like it when alot of traffic stirs everything up. Boaters,skiers, jet ski's. Most anglers feel that it hurts the bit but i feel it makes alot of good things happen to. In some situations i motor right over my spot and deliberatley stir things up. If the forage is down in the cover holding tight and you shake that spot up and get them moving then you can turn the bite on in some cases. I drop that trolling motor in with a big plop and get to picking the angles. All the traffic on the lake is part of there natural environment. They live there day in and day out with those conditions. The key is to not throw what everybody else is throwing.

Your lake has more fish though...it is a fisherie....Carr is a Flood control
They stock carr bro. It has as many if not more than any lake here. Get on the web and research it.
Hilbily Wrote:They stock carr bro. It has as many if not more than any lake here. Get on the web and research it.

With bass I am talking here not bluegill
Have you ever been to Carr Fork in the last 5-10 year...No there is to many people fishes tourney and to many tourneys....there shoudl be alimit...but hey you in are in san diego what is it to you...
Hilbily Wrote:They stock carr bro. It has as many if not more than any lake here. Get on the web and research it.

Its funny the only person bragging on Carr Fork Lake is from San Diego....you obviously have no idea what you are talking about:flame:
Wow! I try to help you and you insult me. Flood Control???? Well i wonder how many ACOE lakes are flood control. Don't know what im talking about. You had the questions and i gave you solid factual information. I have over 100,000 invested in fishing, but no im not serious. Tell you what bud! I will be in May 31st and am staying for a couple days. Lets say June 1st you grab a partner and meet me and mine down at Carr. Bring 1000 dollars and i will match it. Lets go 8-10 hrs five biggest bass and then see who doesn't know what there talking about. I bet at the end of the day when you hand me your cash the insult will be yours to bare. Now put your money where your mouth is.
Hilbily Wrote:Wow! I try to help you and you insult me. Flood Control???? Well i wonder how many ACOE lakes are flood control. Don't know what im talking about. You had the questions and i gave you solid factual information. I have over 100,000 invested in fishing, but no im not serious. Tell you what bud! I will be in May 31st and am staying for a couple days. Lets say June 1st you grab a partner and meet me and mine down at Carr. Bring 1000 dollars and i will match it. Lets go 8-10 hrs five biggest bass and then see who doesn't know what there talking about. I bet at the end of the day when you hand me your cash the insult will be yours to bare. Now put your money where your mouth is.

i'll take that bet
Hilbily Wrote:Wow! I try to help you and you insult me. Flood Control???? Well i wonder how many ACOE lakes are flood control. Don't know what im talking about. You had the questions and i gave you solid factual information. I have over 100,000 invested in fishing, but no im not serious. Tell you what bud! I will be in May 31st and am staying for a couple days. Lets say June 1st you grab a partner and meet me and mine down at Carr. Bring 1000 dollars and i will match it. Lets go 8-10 hrs five biggest bass and then see who doesn't know what there talking about. I bet at the end of the day when you hand me your cash the insult will be yours to bare. Now put your money where your mouth is.

Aight man....you know nothing....if VILLE doesnt take it I will...and you will be handing cash to me

YEah come on man they havent stocked Carr with bass in years....and come on and Bring KVD becasue you will need him to beat me probably...I will come and fish with you and bring your partner.....But the 5 biggest fish will be small ones....I dont know how you know as much about Carr if you dont fish it alot....I live on the lake man...and let me know when you come in.,...sorry to insult you...really I am