Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for UK fans
With the Wall Commit, is it a let down if we don't win a national title?
To me, no.

However it would be a let down if Kentucky didn't get a #1 seed, goto the elite 8, and win the SEC.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:To me, no.

However it would be a let down if Kentucky didn't get a #1 seed, goto the elite 8, and win the SEC.

I agree with that, I see no less than 1 seed, but I do see the team starting slow, trying to adjust to the DDMO, but by seasons end, they should be the #1 overall.
na, it wont bother me if they dont win it all this season, its to early. But if the recruits keep coming like this, we should get one fairly soon.
The kids go from a big fish in a small pond to a little fish in an ocean. New coach. New system for everyone to learn. I do expect results just not a final 4 yet.
Wall commitment is the featured article on yahoo.com.

i agree
There are so many variables that have to take place to win a National Championship. It would not be a letdown if they don't win it, but if they are not at least competitive towards the title, then that is truly a letdown.
I don't think it should be considered a let down if they don't win it all. However, our new acquisitions definitely raise expectations. I think we should win the SEC both outright and the tournament, and end up with a 1-4 seed in the NCAA tournament. And then make a good showing in the NCAA tournament, and possibly if we get a few breaks and some things go our way, we might be able to think about a final four or championship.
There are a lot of things that can happen during the course of the year and off season, let's not crown them National Champions just yet. I would hope that they win the SEC Crown, SEC Tournament and compete for the Final Four, then let's see what happens. After last year, anything is going to be icing on the cake...

These expectations seem realistic and reasonable. I like it.
These recruits look really good on paper. Unfortunately, you have to actually play the game on the hard wood. I think a National Championship for this group this coming year is too much pressure to put on a young team. They haven't even practiced together and some of you have expectations beyond what they will be able to deliver. If this team can reach the elite 8 it would be a really good accomplishment. By the way where are the scollarhships coming from? Look's like some players will not have thier Scolly's renued. Any idea who will be let go?
i say elite 8 right now also and its according to how they play together towards the end of the season. schollys? i think williams, stewart, harrellson, and tough choice between liggins and galloway.
Navajo4life Wrote:There are a lot of things that can happen during the course of the year and off season, let's not crown them National Champions just yet. I would hope that they win the SEC Crown, SEC Tournament and compete for the Final Four, then let's see what happens. After last year, anything is going to be icing on the cake...

I agree, to win it all is gonna be tough, its possible but new players, new offense, new coach. To expect a national championship may be a tad to much, but it is possible......
one thing for sure i dont believe that we'll be in the NIT next year
expect no less than elite 8 and would prob be dissapointed without a final four. Its been so long and im tired of seeing the Ville last longer than my beloved Cats. I know its a new system and coach but i know these guys have the potential to make a very very deep run. I think Chemsitry will be the only question and if the boys can stay out of trouble in LEX, ala watch for vacany houses and peeps runnign out...lol Just a joke I know it was prob a one time incident
Expectations already too much by the second post...

We shouldnt expect anything. We should have a good team, yea but to say if they don't make an Elite 8 is a dissapointment.? Now thats ridiculous.
Even Coach Cal says it will take more than a year.

I agree with that. Coach Cal said that it wont happen in one year. It will take some time.
It would not be a let down to me. I just want us to be a top 5 team. I want to feel comfortable when March rolls around that we will get a 1 or 2 seed. I am really tired of going into selection sunday wondering if we are even going to be in the tournament.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:It would not be a let down to me. I just want us to be a top 5 team. I want to feel comfortable when March rolls around that we will get a 1 or 2 seed. I am really tired of going into selection sunday wondering if we are even going to be in the tournament.

:Thumbs:
The expectations are already getting rediculous.. Expect 24-28 wins and at least sweet 16 appearence. I think a realistic goal would be to get past second round of tourney but even mentioning a championship or final 4 is stupid IMO.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:With the Wall Commit, is it a let down if we don't win a national title?

Absolutely not. To expect any team to win a national title in his first year with a program is not very reasonable. It's not easy to come in and have to learn all about the returning players, plus have to meld them with the new recrutis into a good team. (Which, incidentally, makes Tubby's accomplishment in 1998 even more remarkable.)

What do I expect?

1) a team that will play sloppy at the beginning of the year, but will be a title contender by March
2) no more losses to teams like Gardner-Webb or VMI
3) considering both games are in Rupp, a good chance to break losing streaks to both North Carolina and Louisville
4) regular-season SEC title, and be favored to win the league tourney
5) at least a #4 seed in the NCAA tourney, and at least make it to the Sweet Sixteen

Anything beyond that is gravy.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It wouldn't be a let down at all. I expect a top seed in the tournament and the SEC championship for certain though.
After 4 straight years of double digit losses, and an NIT birth, as well as a couple of questionable NCAA births, I dont think so. I believe if we can win 25 or 26 games, win the SEC, get a 3 or 4 seed and make it to the sweet 16, then we'll definitely be on the right track. Remember, these recruits are FRESHMEN. Guys that havent played in front of 20,000 people on the road, and hasnt faced talent like theyll face this year. The transistion from high school to college is a huge one, and some guys, no matter how much talent they have, wont adjust well to it. Hopefully the guys Coach Cal is bringing in will adjust fine, but I dont see us winning a national championship next season. I do think 26 to 28 wins is a possibility. If they can do that, then the sky is the limit for seasons to come. I know one thing though, I CANT WAIT FOR KENTUCKY BASKETBALL!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NO
I want to be realistic. We have new coach, new players, new style. #1 seed, cmon, be real!

I'll take a 20+ win season. Win the SEC. Be a top 4 seed in our first year. Anything above that is Kudo's.
If Meeks comes back, my expectations will be raised, but if not I can see them winning somewhere around 25 or 26 games, winning the regular season SEC title, also winning the SEC tourney, becoming atleast a #4 seed or higher. But if Meeks does come back, I think that we will have a very good shot at a #1 seed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Leadership will play a big part in their success. With Patterson and hopefully Meeks we should be good. Tournament experience is what we lack. Coach will have to be at his best when that comes around. Win or loose still proud to be a CAT.
bigjim4packers Wrote:Leadership will play a big part in their success. With Patterson and hopefully Meeks we should be good. Tournament experience is what we lack. Coach will have to be at his best when that comes around. Win or loose still proud to be a CAT.

Couldnt agree more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]