Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
57th dist tourney all stars
who the heck is the burchett kid from paintsville and howd he make the allstar team?

congrats corey adams for makin the team.

congrats richardson,conley, and scarberry for making the team.

congrats vanhoose for tourney mvp.
Chaos_Theory Wrote:who the heck is the burchett kid from paintsville and howd he make the allstar team?

8th grade, 3rd base most of the year, 2nd base towards the end. And I'm assuming this is the all-tournament team?
Chaos_Theory Wrote:who the heck is the burchett kid from paintsville and howd he make the allstar team?

Because he deserved it. I think he is going to be a great hitter. Just an 8th grader and always puts the bat on the ball.
Congrats to all those kids.

Would have loved to see Lyons on this team. He's a great kid. His Dad raised him and taught him right. I'll be glad to watch him on the next level.
That "Burchett kid" will be the best player in the region, probably as soon as in 2 years.
Congratulations guys, to each one of you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anybody have the whole list?
quote=Ring'Em Up;771788]That "Burchett kid" will be the best player in the region, probably as soon as in 2 years.
Congratulations guys, to each one of you.[/quote]

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn oh lord
Lefty Wrote:quote=Ring'Em Up;771788]That "Burchett kid" will be the best player in the region, probably as soon as in 2 years.

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn oh lord[/quote]
That's what I thought also, the first time I was told a few weeks ago how well he was doing. But after watching him 3-4 games the last few weeks, I am completely impressed in every aspect of his game. Tuesday nite, someone next to me said "tell that 2nd baseman he doesn't have to back up the throw back to the pitcher every pitch with no runners on." I thought, "that's what's gonna separate him in the years to come, hustle and habit."
I may have jumped the gun a little bit on that prediction, but he is gonna be a stud, very soon, in my opinion. I was talking with someone at the game tonite about him and all the work and games he puts in when the school season is over.
I know as a JC fan Tuesday nite, he was the one kid I didn't want to get to the plate in that last inning with runners on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:That "Burchett kid" will be the best player in the region, probably as soon as in 2 years.

I thought team selection was based on your performance in the tournament and not what you might do in 2 years. How are they selected?
Usually head coaches
Gatortater Wrote:I thought team selection was based on your performance in the tournament and not what you might do in 2 years. How are they selected?
That's exactly how they are picked. And as an 8th grader, he was seen to have been one of the best in the tournament this year. I just said, give him 2 years and see how great of a player he is gonna be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Colby is going to be very good, he definitely shows signs of potential and made several big plays and a clutch hit in their game against JC Tuesday.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:That's exactly how they are picked. And as an 8th grader, he was seen to have been one of the best in the tournament this year. I just said, give him 2 years and see how great of a player he is gonna be.

So the head coach of each team recommends say 2 or 3 players from their team...then those players represent that team??...or once the coach recommends 2 or 3 players all the coaches vote??
Kid is a 15 yr old 8th grader though. Needs to learn how to contol his emotions, when he does not get a hit though. There is a difference in being competitive and crazy. Heard he has said things like he wanted to just take a butcher knife and stab himself and that he just flat sucked. Just because he wouldn't get a hit. Kid needs to learn how to deal with failure if he wants to succeed in this sport.
So the head coach of each team recommends say 2 or 3 players from their team...then those players represent that team??.

Yup! Sometimes they pick the opposing teams. I don't know if there is a set rule or if it is just up to the district coaches at their pre-tourney meeting.
Agree that Burchett will be a very good player in years to come, but there is no way you can leave Austin Lyons off this team from the Paintsville squad. Granted Burchett got "A HIT", but so did a couple of other guys. It was Lyons who gave Paintsville the opportunity to win for 8 solid gutty innings. He did his job, and did it very well at that. Austin was shamefully robbed.
jchsrulz Wrote:So the head coach of each team recommends say 2 or 3 players from their team...then those players represent that team??.

Yup! Sometimes they pick the opposing teams. I don't know if there is a set rule or if it is just up to the district coaches at their pre-tourney meeting.

Not in this tournament.
I think that they should let the umpires vote, that would be very unbiased
Wildthang Wrote:I think that they should let the umpires vote, that would be very unbiased
That's ludicrous!
Umpires should call balls and strikes and safes and outs...they have no business even caring who the best players are on the field.

Besides, if the umpires selected the ALL Tourney team, that would just give parents something else to B itch at them about.

Leave the umpires out of it and let them do their job.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Agree that Burchett will be a very good player in years to come, but there is no way you can leave Austin Lyons off this team from the Paintsville squad. Granted Burchett got "A HIT", but so did a couple of other guys. It was Lyons who gave Paintsville the opportunity to win for 8 solid gutty innings. He did his job, and did it very well at that. Austin was shamefully robbed.

I didn't know Lyons didn't make it. He had a great performance against JC. He should have made it. No way around it.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:That's exactly how they are picked. And as an 8th grader, he was seen to have been one of the best in the tournament this year. I just said, give him 2 years and see how great of a player he is gonna be.

is it true he's almost 16 years old? if so then he's as good as any 16 year old on the field but he wasn't good enough to make the all tournament team
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Agree that Burchett will be a very good player in years to come, but there is no way you can leave Austin Lyons off this team from the Paintsville squad. Granted Burchett got "A HIT", but so did a couple of other guys. It was Lyons who gave Paintsville the opportunity to win for 8 solid gutty innings. He did his job, and did it very well at that. Austin was shamefully robbed.

There is no way possible Paintsville would have had any shot to win this game without Austin on the mound. The all-tournament teams are starting to become as shady as the top 25 poll on the coaches website.:HitWall:
Is this team determined solely on the performance of one game or by the season, because if that be the case, they got some wrong.
Can someone please the entire all start team named. Thanks:popcorn:
blackwidow Wrote:is it true he's almost 16 years old? if so then he's as good as any 16 year old on the field but he wasn't good enough to make the all tournament team

The kid is only 14 years old and maybe turns 15 soon, if your statement is true then he would be 20 by his sr year which is not allowed.
Colby is already 15.
Mchs - Jaryd Bailey
Schs - Brady Horn, Tyler Todd
Phs - Cody Adams, Colby Burchett
Lchs - Shane Pack, Chandler Shepherd, Cody Moore
Jchs - Chase Richardson, Johnathan Scarberry, Mike Conley
Mvp - Jchs, Brad Vanhoose
the voice Wrote:Mchs - Jaryd Bailey
Schs - Brady Horn, Tyler Todd
Phs - Cody Adams, Colby Burchett
Lchs - Shane Pack, Chandler Shepherd, Cody Moore
Jchs - Chase Richardson, Johnathan Scarberry, Mike Conley
Mvp - Jchs, Brad Vanhoose

Did Paintsville get a new player in the district tournament. I don't know a Cody Adams.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:There is no way possible Paintsville would have had any shot to win this game without Austin on the mound. The all-tournament teams are starting to become as shady as the top 25 poll on the coaches website.:HitWall:

lol:eyeroll:
Now What Wrote:lol:eyeroll:

They have some younger pitchers that will be a whole lot better than Lyons. They can a least get off the mound. If Lyons didn't have defense and the bats helping him out he couldn't do it.