Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co. vs. Wolfe Co. 5/26
PCBaseball Wrote:It is, I think we just have a very sensitive coach on here that can't stand a little constructive critisizm and is taking it out on one of his players parents. Estill will kill Wolfe easily on wednesday and I believe we should handle Breathitt pretty easy today.

Oh for two so far on your guesses/prediction, although I AM sensitive when I hear someone calling good people stupid. I know it wasn't you, but one of those who agrees with you did. On this thread. A couple of nights or so ago.
So, yeah, even though I apparantly ain't who you think I am, I know the coaches well. The team is playing a lot better this year. Someone is doing something right.

BTW, I WARNED you about Breathitt County!!!!!!
class of 2001 Wrote:Oh for two so far on your guesses/prediction, although I AM sensitive when I hear someone calling good people stupid. I know it wasn't you, but one of those who agrees with you did. On this thread. A couple of nights or so ago.
So, yeah, even though I apparantly ain't who you think I am, I know the coaches well. The team is playing a lot better this year. Someone is doing something right.

BTW, I WARNED you about Breathitt County!!!!!!

who's calling good people stupid?
class of 2001 Wrote:Let's take a quick history lesson on the Creech kid, and his Dad, who obviously is the one making the decisions, which is his right to do:

2006. Dylan is about to enter the 6th grade. His Dad, not satisfied with the coaching situation at Wolfe County, decides to transfer Dylan to Powell County. Not a bad move on paper, Powell at the time was a power in the 14th Region, and Bryan Dean, a great coach, was still there.

2007. Dylan's Dad, for some reason was apparently not satisfied with the situation at Powell and decides to transfer Dylan to Breathitt County. (Promise of an assistant coaching job, perhaps??????) The seventh grade Creech has a very nice year, and the future looks bright for both him, and Breathitt County.

2008. All is well, or so it seems. Dylan is red-shirted and plays middle school ball only. He is all set to have a big season for Breathitt the next year, AS AN EIGHTH GRADER!!!!!!!!!

2009. For some reason, Creech is transferred once again to Wolfe County, even though the Wolves have the same coaches they had when Dylan was moved out a couple years earlier, which was the reason he was moved out to begin with (starting to sound a little confusing at this point!) Was the assistant coaching job at Breathitt pulled, or was a head coaching job at Wolfe promised????? Politics being what they are in eastern Kentucky, who knows?

2009 and beyond: After hitting over .600 as an eight grader, the rumor mill has Creech on the move again.(School Board situation in a mess, new Super, several new board members, maybe a board member promised the elder Creech a head coaching job is no longer on the board??????) I certainly hope not, as Dylan (has anyone ever asked him what HE wants?????) really appears to want to be a part of SOMETHING. and has a lot of friends here. Looks like a lot of schools want his services, with Powell being the most mentioned, which would be Creech's second go a round there, just like Wolfe.

At some point in time, with the track record of RUNNING from things that are not wanted, someone is going to have to look in the mirror to find out what the true problem is!!!!!!

Ok now let me tell u something. This is dylan creech. u have no idea wat ur talking about so im goin to take the time to inform you. I as in me was the one who made the descion to switch schools. not my dad. i once again i was the one who didnt wanna play for coach potter. who i have nothing against i think he is great guy and i love him as my teacher. now. i didnt move in 2006 and Byran dean wasnt even the coach there at that time anyway. 2006 was varenys first year as the coach. I switched schools after christmas break in 2007 to play baseball at powell. i stayed there for bout a month then learnt that i wouldnt b on the high school baseball team cause i was n middle school. so i once again as n me made the decsion to go to breathitt were i knew i would get to play. i spent that year a breaathitt. then the next year when i went out to play basketball and the coach at sms treated me like crap so i decided that this year i wasnt gonna play basketball down there. also my dad was goin back to school and wouldnt b able to take me to school down there everyday. so i came back to wolfe this year so i could play basketball here. so when baseball season came i just went ahead and played here to. now as 4 how my exeperince playing baseball here. my coaches have no idea wat they are doing. and they dont wanna put forth effort to make us better anyway. we didnt have a practice on the weekend the whole year. even though almost ever kid on r team asked to have it. instead i guess r coaches just had more improtant things to do. like go fishing. no joke. by the way neither one of are coahes that r teaches went on a field trip friday. that was thursday that they went on a fieldtrip and thats a retarded reason not to have practice anyway and when we do practice its a joke. it pretty much consist of us standing around in the outfield. im sorry but even though i like my coaches as people they have no business coaching a high school baseball team they just rele dont care. and as 4 the remarks about my dad that is the most retarded thing ever. he is the one that taught me how to play. and yes me and him do argue at times. but wat son and father dont at times. but thats also because i dont always listen like i should and i do tend to think to myself that i know more even though me and him both no he dose. everyone always wants to talk about how he too hard on me but no one sees how much he congrads me when i do good. if u ask me he should b the coach at wolfe and not because he is my dad. because he knows more about baseball and teaching baseball than anyone i know. he loves the game and cares far more about helping the kids b as good as they can than my current coaches do. maybe ur the one that needs too look n the mirror because u have no idea wat ur talking about ur just goin by crap u hear. and as 4 me moving next year. if there isnt a different coach next year. not saying it has to b my dad. but if there isnt u wont b seeing me n a wolfe county uniform. cause ive worked way too hard through out my life n baseball to get to were i am and im not gonna sit around and waste my high school career playing 4 gus that dont rele care and that i know more about baseball than. i love wolfe county and would love to stay here but its not worth throwing my career away over. now i hope u think bout it next time b4 u start saying stuff that u dont know 4 fact or that u dont kno as the truth. and by the way if u dont believe me bout how this year has been y dont u ask the rest of my team cause most of us having no problem telling u. and if u dont believe this is me u can ask me the next time u see me and ill gladly tell u it is. theres no cause 4 some of the things u said.
how many seniors is Wolf Co loosing?
cougarpride08 Wrote:how many seniors is Wolf Co loosing?

1 - Brandon Campbell
class of 2001 Wrote:Let's take a look at your first sentence.

Creech was satisfied here at Powell but was offered an opportunity to start varsity at Breathitt and took it and from all I've heard he did very well as a true 7th grader.

Offered? Offered?? OFFERED?????????

What schools offer ANYTHING to a seventh grader?????

Is this legal?????

Did dad get an offer to be an assistant?????

We know that one.

Far as I can tell, there are no colleges in Wolfe County, so I don't understand where that would be in play as far as Dylan is concerned.

Mr. Creech might very well be the head coach at Wolfe if a couple of things had not have happened when he was an assistant, who admittedly, ran the whole show back in the late 90's

1. Instances where, in his practices, he made players stand at the plate and be intentionally hit by pitches in order to "toughen 'em up."

2. Ignore a direct order to sit a player as punishment from your AD or super.

The players in question, according to the story you wish to believe, had either been drinking, or flunked tests at school and were ordered to NOT play.

The coaches ignored a direct order and played these players, anyway.

Now, I don't know where you come from, but, where I live, if my boss tells me to do something, and I don't, I will be relieved from my job.

The Wolfe coaches at the time did not comply, and were fired. Plain and simple.

Of course, you will get a different take from Jim on this, he will tell you it was politics, or basketball didn't want to be upstaged, but I'm telling you, having lived here all my life, I know what went on.

You can choose to not believe this, but I have talked to more than a couple of former players of his who SWORE this happened!

And more than a couple of CURRENT players swear that his dad is making a head case out of his son.

The most often phrase I hear out of them is "the man is a f-----ing idiot!"

I promise I am not making this up!
Well I played for coach whisman and coach creech and I can tell you that you are either making this stuff up or you recieved the wrong information. I have the greatest respect for coach creech and he is by far the best baseball man in this county and there is not a close second. The comments you made about him making people stand there and let the ball hit them on purpose to toughen them up as you put it are absolutely false. You better check out your sources before you make these statements. Coach creech and coach whisman are the only true baseball coaches we've ever had in this county and I am including your dad and potter.
it think Estill but not in 5 innings tho Wolfe will keep it close until the last couple of innings and Estill will pull away
jr92 Wrote:The man couldn't teach a ***** how to climb in bed!

His own kid fights with him all the time.

I guess he gets tired of hearing how the old man "taught him everything he knows."

As if he is too stupid to learn things on his own.

One of two things will happen over the next two years.

1 Dylan will bet tired of listening to the old mans crap and simply quit sports altogether, just like his cousin, Aaron, or,

2. Get tired of the old man's crap, beat the **** out of him to shut him up, and go on and become a great player IN SPITE OF HIM, NOT BECAUSE OF HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really pulling for the latter to happen!
Take it from a former player of coach creech's he can flat out coach and teach the game of baseball and the only reason that you (jump-shot-johnny) are on here bashing him is because you and potter can't.
33sharpshooter33 Wrote:Ok now let me tell u something. This is dylan creech. u have no idea wat ur talking about so im goin to take the time to inform you. I as in me was the one who made the descion to switch schools. not my dad. i once again i was the one who didnt wanna play for coach potter. who i have nothing against i think he is great guy and i love him as my teacher. now. i didnt move in 2006 and Byran dean wasnt even the coach there at that time anyway. 2006 was varenys first year as the coach. I switched schools after christmas break in 2007 to play baseball at powell. i stayed there for bout a month then learnt that i wouldnt b on the high school baseball team cause i was n middle school. so i once again as n me made the decsion to go to breathitt were i knew i would get to play. i spent that year a breaathitt. then the next year when i went out to play basketball and the coach at sms treated me like crap so i decided that this year i wasnt gonna play basketball down there. also my dad was goin back to school and wouldnt b able to take me to school down there everyday. so i came back to wolfe this year so i could play basketball here. so when baseball season came i just went ahead and played here to. now as 4 how my exeperince playing baseball here. my coaches have no idea wat they are doing. and they dont wanna put forth effort to make us better anyway. we didnt have a practice on the weekend the whole year. even though almost ever kid on r team asked to have it. instead i guess r coaches just had more improtant things to do. like go fishing. no joke. by the way neither one of are coahes that r teaches went on a field trip friday. that was thursday that they went on a fieldtrip and thats a retarded reason not to have practice anyway and when we do practice its a joke. it pretty much consist of us standing around in the outfield. im sorry but even though i like my coaches as people they have no business coaching a high school baseball team they just rele dont care. and as 4 the remarks about my dad that is the most retarded thing ever. he is the one that taught me how to play. and yes me and him do argue at times. but wat son and father dont at times. but thats also because i dont always listen like i should and i do tend to think to myself that i know more even though me and him both no he dose. everyone always wants to talk about how he too hard on me but no one sees how much he congrads me when i do good. if u ask me he should b the coach at wolfe and not because he is my dad. because he knows more about baseball and teaching baseball than anyone i know. he loves the game and cares far more about helping the kids b as good as they can than my current coaches do. maybe ur the one that needs too look n the mirror because u have no idea wat ur talking about ur just goin by crap u hear. and as 4 me moving next year. if there isnt a different coach next year. not saying it has to b my dad. but if there isnt u wont b seeing me n a wolfe county uniform. cause ive worked way too hard through out my life n baseball to get to were i am and im not gonna sit around and waste my high school career playing 4 gus that dont rele care and that i know more about baseball than. i love wolfe county and would love to stay here but its not worth throwing my career away over. now i hope u think bout it next time b4 u start saying stuff that u dont know 4 fact or that u dont kno as the truth. and by the way if u dont believe me bout how this year has been y dont u ask the rest of my team cause most of us having no problem telling u. and if u dont believe this is me u can ask me the next time u see me and ill gladly tell u it is. theres no cause 4 some of the things u said.
That is a great post young man and I would hate to see you go but if they keep the same coaches here I would advise you to do so because they don't have the knowledge to help you improve at all. You have far too much talent to waste.
33sharpshooter33 Wrote:Ok now let me tell u something. This is dylan creech. u have no idea wat ur talking about so im goin to take the time to inform you. I as in me was the one who made the descion to switch schools. not my dad. i once again i was the one who didnt wanna play for coach potter. who i have nothing against i think he is great guy and i love him as my teacher. now. i didnt move in 2006 and Byran dean wasnt even the coach there at that time anyway. 2006 was varenys first year as the coach. I switched schools after christmas break in 2007 to play baseball at powell. i stayed there for bout a month then learnt that i wouldnt b on the high school baseball team cause i was n middle school. so i once again as n me made the decsion to go to breathitt were i knew i would get to play. i spent that year a breaathitt. then the next year when i went out to play basketball and the coach at sms treated me like crap so i decided that this year i wasnt gonna play basketball down there. also my dad was goin back to school and wouldnt b able to take me to school down there everyday. so i came back to wolfe this year so i could play basketball here. so when baseball season came i just went ahead and played here to. now as 4 how my exeperince playing baseball here. my coaches have no idea wat they are doing. and they dont wanna put forth effort to make us better anyway. we didnt have a practice on the weekend the whole year. even though almost ever kid on r team asked to have it. instead i guess r coaches just had more improtant things to do. like go fishing. no joke. by the way neither one of are coahes that r teaches went on a field trip friday. that was thursday that they went on a fieldtrip and thats a retarded reason not to have practice anyway and when we do practice its a joke. it pretty much consist of us standing around in the outfield. im sorry but even though i like my coaches as people they have no business coaching a high school baseball team they just rele dont care. and as 4 the remarks about my dad that is the most retarded thing ever. he is the one that taught me how to play. and yes me and him do argue at times. but wat son and father dont at times. but thats also because i dont always listen like i should and i do tend to think to myself that i know more even though me and him both no he dose. everyone always wants to talk about how he too hard on me but no one sees how much he congrads me when i do good. if u ask me he should b the coach at wolfe and not because he is my dad. because he knows more about baseball and teaching baseball than anyone i know. he loves the game and cares far more about helping the kids b as good as they can than my current coaches do. maybe ur the one that needs too look n the mirror because u have no idea wat ur talking about ur just goin by crap u hear. and as 4 me moving next year. if there isnt a different coach next year. not saying it has to b my dad. but if there isnt u wont b seeing me n a wolfe county uniform. cause ive worked way too hard through out my life n baseball to get to were i am and im not gonna sit around and waste my high school career playing 4 gus that dont rele care and that i know more about baseball than. i love wolfe county and would love to stay here but its not worth throwing my career away over. now i hope u think bout it next time b4 u start saying stuff that u dont know 4 fact or that u dont kno as the truth. and by the way if u dont believe me bout how this year has been y dont u ask the rest of my team cause most of us having no problem telling u. and if u dont believe this is me u can ask me the next time u see me and ill gladly tell u it is. theres no cause 4 some of the things u said.
Good luck Dylan where ever you go. It will be a shame to lose you. Great responce to the assistant coach and his daughter who got on here and tried to put down your father and if they had any class, they would apologize immediately. He disqualified himself from coaching any kids with the comments he made on here and I have had the pleasure of watching you play several times this year and you are right, you definitely know more baseball than any of your coaches. You are worth the price of admission to watch play. Keep working on your game and I am sure we will all hear great things from you in the future. Be sure to come back on here and let us know where you will be going so that we can come and watch you play next year.
Wow, alot of courage and class young man. It is a shame that you had to get on here and do this, but it sure shows what kind of courage and character you have. We would love to have you here at Powell, but no matter where you go, they will not only be getting a great great baseball player, but a fine young man as well.
PCBaseball Wrote:Wow, alot of courage and class young man. It is a shame that you had to get on here and do this, but it sure shows what kind of courage and character you have. We would love to have you here at Powell, but no matter where you go, they will not only be getting a great great baseball player, but a fine young man as well.

agreed :Thumbs:. we would also love to have Mr. Creech in a Engineer Uniform Next season
PCBaseball Wrote:Wow, alot of courage and class young man. It is a shame that you had to get on here and do this, but it sure shows what kind of courage and character you have. We would love to have you here at Powell, but no matter where you go, they will not only be getting a great great baseball player, but a fine young man as well.

Courage to defend his Dad, agreed. But class? You've gotta be kidding. To go on a public forum and openly rip your coaches before the most important game of the year for this TEAM is classless. I don't care how talented he is or what grade he's in, the timing of this post couldn't have come at a worse time for Wolfe Co., IMO.
Ridgerunner Wrote:Good luck Dylan where ever you go. It will be a shame to lose you. Great responce to the assistant coach and his daughter who got on here and tried to put down your father and if they had any class, they would apologize immediately. He disqualified himself from coaching any kids with the comments he made on here and I have had the pleasure of watching you play several times this year and you are right, you definitely know more baseball than any of your coaches. You are worth the price of admission to watch play. Keep working on your game and I am sure we will all hear great things from you in the future. Be sure to come back on here and let us know where you will be going so that we can come and watch you play next year.

Jonathan, for what it's worth, and for the record, I am NOT:

1. Coach, assistant, or spouse, daughter, or son of either.

2. Scorekeeper, or scoreboard keeper.

3. Current ballplayer.

4. Affiliated with the team in any way.

I AM, for what it's worth,

1. Employed by the school system. Talk to coaches and players on an almost daily basis.

2. A former student athlete who happens to keep up with thing going on, past and present.

3. Old enough to have been around and seen what happened in 1998. You graduated in, what, 2004, and wasn't around to see what happened back then.

Now, in addition to bashing Mr. Potter, you are stooping to ripping a decent man who has spent the past 30 years or so helping kids. Been around while you were growing up, trying to keep T-Ball, Little League, Jr. Basketball and the likes going for you and many others to participate. Real nice on your part. What's your contribution been to the Youth of Wolfe County anyway, other than trying to tear down people who ARE trying to help?????? I hear they are having trouble getting little league started this year. Are you helping out there???? BTW, before you ask, yes, I AM helping out in certain youth programs in the county.

Now, instead of worrying about who I am, I challenge you to go out and do something to help the youth of Wolfe County. When you do that, you then EARN the right to criticize those who ARE trying to help!!!

Of course, the easy way is to say "someone should do this, or someone should do that!"
PCBaseball Wrote:Number 1 How long have you really known Dylan? Since my son played with him for the better part of 3 summers, I know him probably alot better than you do. He, himself will tell you as he has told me on several occasions that hid dad has taught him everything he knows about the game of baseball and over the course of that 3 years, I watched his dad build that beautiful swing of his. I'm sure that sometimes Dylan may get upset at him just like my son does with me. When they get to be teenagers they think they know it all. My son is sixteen and tends to rebel from time to time. This is normal. For you to say that his dad could not teach crap is just rediculous. My son is a much much better ballplayer because of the time he spent with Jim. The only thing that I can figure that has got you so riled up is that you are either the head coach at wolfe or the assistant. In any case, whoever you are, I am sure you didn't teach Dylan how to play the game and you were probably no where around when his dad did so now you want to run his father down. I don't know who you ar, but I sure wouldn't allow you to coach my son if this is the way you talk about their fathers. All of this because people get on here and voice their opinions about the fact that according to Coach Varney here at Powell, who is also a teacher, said that all of the other schools that made it to the region was at the drawing except for Wolfe, and that I heard from 4 of your current players that there has been no practice since Thursday with the region coming up. Are the players lying? If not, then no one in their right mind can justify the actions of the coaches up there and attacking the father of one of your players is not the proper way to try to do it. We have practiced every single day to get ready for the region. Our kids deserve it and so does every other child and that is all I am saying and if you were the kind of man that you should be you would agree with me on this. That is why I believe you are the head coach or one of the assistants or else you would not be trying so hard to defend the actions of the coach up there. Anyone who knows anything at all about baseball knows you can't take that many days off and be ready to play or have your timing to hit like you should. Stop tyring to defend the coach so hard and start thinking about the kids. That is, if you care at all about the kids.

You bring up some really valid points. You really do.

"Course, you know at this, point, I am going to bring up a few of my own.

Really been trying to stay out of this mess, but sometimes, can't help myself!

I think someone else, earlier, posted the reason why Coach Potter did not make the Friday 14th Region meeting. In case not, the main reason being that is was changed at the last minute from Sunday afternoon, to a Friday afternoon, (school day, plus Coach Potter was already committed to a field trip which he could not change at the last minute. If all the rest of the 14 Region Coaches had prior commitments and WERE able to change them at the last minute, Kudos to them; Coach Potter was not able to do so.

My biggest problem is if what you say is true about players complaining when a practice is called off, WHY IN THE WORLD DO THEY DRIVE ALL THE WAY TO STANTON, 20 some miles away, to complain TO YOU about not practicing, when they could all go to CAMPTON, only a couple of miles away, to practice ON THEIR OWN??????? (players do this, sometimes!) Seems to me it would save a lot of time, not to mention the price of gas Mom and Dad are paying for them to drive down to Powell to complain to you. Something just doesn't add up here. BTW, these same players who are allegedly complaining you, (why is that??????) ALL know they can easily access the Wolfe County facilities and equipment, so please, don't even go there.

Me, personally, I would work out every spare moment I got to make myself better, regardless of practice schedules, but I guess, at least according to you, who obviously have more access to the Wolfe players than their own coaches do, the Wolfe players who complained to you are incapable of working out on their own. But, it IS amazing, how, you can throw down a basketball in the middle school on a Tuesday night, and half the team that plays both sports will hear it and wind up there, playing until 11 o'clock that night!
jr92 Wrote:You bring up some really valid points. You really do.

I think someone else, earlier, posted the reason why Coach Potter did not make the Friday 14th Region meeting. In case not, the main reason being that is was changed at the last minute from Sunday afternoon, to a Friday afternoon, (school day, plus Coach Potter was already committed to a field trip which he could not change at the last minute. If all the rest of the 14 Region Coaches had prior commitments and WERE able to change them at the last minute, Kudos to them; Coach Potter was not able to do so.

My biggest problem is if what you say is true about players complaining when a practice is called off, WHY IN THE WORLD DO THEY DRIVE ALL THE WAY TO STANTON, 20 some miles away, to complain TO YOU about not practicing, when they could all go to CAMPTON, only a couple of miles away, to practice ON THEIR OWN??????? (players do this, sometimes!) Seems to me it would save a lot of time, not to mention the price of gas Mom and Dad are paying for them to drive down to Powell to complain to you. Something just doesn't add up here. BTW, these same players who are allegedly complaining you, (why is that??????) ALL know they can easily access the Wolfe County facilities and equipment, so please, don't even go there.

Me, personally, I would work out every spare moment I got to make myself better, regardless of practice schedules, but I guess, at least according to you, who obviously have more access to the Wolfe players than their own coaches do, the Wolfe players who complained to you are incapable of working out on their own. But, it IS amazing, how, you can throw down a basketball in the middle school on a Tuesday night, and half the team that plays both sports will hear it and wind up there, playing until 11 o'clock that night!
Several of Wolfe's players are friends with my son and other players here at Powell and don't forget the girl factor. They will come to our games when Wolfe is not playing, nothing unusual about that. Don't forget as well, most teenage kids will not work on their game on their own that is why they have coaches. My son is now 16 and will not work on his own, but he works very hard in organized practice. That's a normal teenager for you. The ones that will work on their own are very rare. I would say that Wolfe has one player that will and we have none that I know of here. I wish they all would but that ain't gonna happen.
Strikeout King Wrote:who's calling good people stupid?

They are so stupid that they didn't go to the regional drawing on Friday .

Direct quote from PC. Class of 2001 was dead wrong. PC DID insult the Wolfe Coaches.

BTW SK, you did the same. I believe your quote was,

"because they have no sense"

Spelling on my part is correct, yours wasn't.
PCBaseball Wrote:Several of Wolfe's players are friends with my son and other players here at Powell and don't forget the girl factor. They will come to our games when Wolfe is not playing, nothing unusual about that. Don't forget as well, most teenage kids will not work on their game on their own that is why they have coaches. My son is now 16 and will not work on his own, but he works very hard in organized practice. That's a normal teenager for you. The ones that will work on their own are very rare. I would say that Wolfe has one player that will and we have none that I know of here. I wish they all would but that ain't gonna happen.

So, you're saying they will drive a 40 mile round trip to complain to YOU about not practicing, but will NOT go a mile to practice on their own??????? Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More amazing is the "fact' that that won't use the energy to practice on their own, but will, incredibly, use the same energy to complain that no one is MAKING THEM PRACTICE!!!!!!!

Sounds a whole lot to me that a couple of players are making excuses for their lack of success.
jr92 Wrote:So, you're saying they will drive a 40 mile round trip to complain to YOU about not practicing, but will NOT go a mile to practice on their own??????? Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More amazing is the "fact' that that won't use the energy to practice on their own, but will, incredibly, use the same energy to complain that no one is MAKING THEM PRACTICE!!!!!!!

Sounds a whole lot to me that a couple of players are making excuses for their lack of success.
Hey look, I can't explain why kids do what they do, all I know is that if you want to build a program you have to work hard at it and that means as coaches you must put in a huge amount of time. I am disappointed with our season down here but we are very young. I can say this though, Coach Varney lives in Lexington, but we practice all the time and we will be much better next season because of all of that hard work. Yes, you have to make them practice because kids are different than they were when I was growing up.
mandan Wrote:Courage to defend his Dad, agreed. But class? You've gotta be kidding. To go on a public forum and openly rip your coaches before the most important game of the year for this TEAM is classless. I don't care how talented he is or what grade he's in, the timing of this post couldn't have come at a worse time for Wolfe Co., IMO.
Classless, I beg to differ, when he states that they haven't practiced at all before the region, how important do you think his coaches think this game was. Sounds like a kid that wants to win to me. When he says they never practiced on a Saturday or Sunday all season and you want to call him classless, I don't get where you are coming from. I want kids that want to practice and have a desire to win, don't you?
mandan Wrote:Courage to defend his Dad, agreed. But class? You've gotta be kidding. To go on a public forum and openly rip your coaches before the most important game of the year for this TEAM is classless. I don't care how talented he is or what grade he's in, the timing of this post couldn't have come at a worse time for Wolfe Co., IMO.
What you don't realize is that it was an assistant coaches bashing his dad.
jr92 Wrote:You bring up some really valid points. You really do.

quit lying. there was nooo field trip friday thats bull. i know i went to school. and mr.potter didnt even come to school that day anyway. quit defending him. he is a great guy. but i know the truth and u know the truth and everyone else dose and that is that mr.potter just isnt a good baseball coach. and there is nothing wrong with saying that. thats takes nothing away from how great of a guy he is but theres just some stuff that people arent good at and he not good at coaching baseball.