Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16TH Region
Started today at West Carter, Rowan beat Russell, any other updates.
who is the top team?
cougarpride08 Wrote:who is the top team?

Im not sure maybe Ashalnd not for sure though.
devilhorns05 Wrote:Im not sure maybe Ashalnd not for sure though.

YOU ARE AWESOME MAN!!!!!!!!!!:Clap:
Kittens are your regional champs way to go girls.
Yes, great job girls I knew you all could do it.

:wenumber1
Good Luck Kittens!!!!!!!!!
alyson roarch is from ashland this year now at the county. catcher
Ashland will be the faves again
When does the season start this year? When is the first game everyone
I think Ashland will have trouble repeating as region champs Imo. They lost several keys players. Much like basketball it's up for grabs.
I do not believe there is a team in the 16th that will come close to Ashland. They have 3 #1 pitchers and a very solid defense. They have, in my opinion, a bonafide chance at a state championship.
dawg I agree with you Ashland will be the team to beat in the 16th... but state?? I would love to see a eastern ky team do it but it will be hard.... till ky gets the state tourn. out of Owensboro it's going to be tough... Those fields are nothing but dust bowls and alot of western ky umps and officials you will have trouble .... love to see it but alot going against... I think the last Eastern Ky school that done pretty good was estill 4th place in 2005.. North L has won but do you consider London Eastern ??? some do some don't... But lets hope... It can be done.
outsidein Wrote:dawg I agree with you Ashland will be the team to beat in the 16th... but state?? I would love to see a eastern ky team do it but it will be hard.... till ky gets the state tourn. out of Owensboro it's going to be tough... Those fields are nothing but dust bowls and alot of western ky umps and officials you will have trouble .... love to see it but alot going against... I think the last Eastern Ky school that done pretty good was estill 4th place in 2005.. North L has won but do you consider London Eastern ??? some do some don't... But lets hope... It can be done.
I agree winning any state championship takes some luck and a few calls going your way as well as ability. I really think if the state tournament was moved to Lexington, which is closer to the geographic center of Ky, it would be better for fastpitch in general. They could do a better job on the fields in Owensboro with just some water. Not sure whats up with that. Overall pretty good facility for fastpitch. Tournament format makes it impossible for a 1 pitcher team to come out on top. This goes back to what you were saying about coaches understanding the game. Coaches need to develop 1A, 1B varsity and 1A,1B JV pitchers if at all possible. Of course this has to start at the little league level to bear fruit for the varsity team. It is extremely hard to develop a championship pitcher 4 years. As far as north and south Laurel I consider them Lexington more than East Ky and more Tenn. than any. Dave Miller is a teacher and student of fastpitch and a very solid coach and I think he will guide his team a long way this year.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:I do not believe there is a team in the 16th that will come close to Ashland. They have 3 #1 pitchers and a very solid defense. They have, in my opinion, a bonafide chance at a state championship.

Agree.
Dawg good points..... Yes water will help but there is to much sand on those fileds and if you have ever seen them wet you will also see how bad they can be. So I guess you have to pick the worse of the two evils. 1 pitcher can do it as long as you stay in the winners bracket. SHoot you should had been there the year the last game didn't end till like 3:30 Am when Calloway Co. won it in 04... lol long two days... yes you are right there could be a better tournament format but does it make is special when your able to win it? Just a thought.
You guys need to get out of Boyd County more. Ashland will be lucky to win the 16th, and has NO shot at a state championship. As far as pitching goes, the added 3 feet will be the great equalizer this year.