Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zambrano suspended six games, fined $3,000 for blow-up
Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano was suspended six games and fined $3,000 by Major League Baseball for his meltdown during his team's 5-2 win over the Pirates on Wednesday.

Zambrano was ejected in the seventh inning after he got in a heated argument that included him firing a ball into left field, tossing his glove and taking a bat to a dugout cooler before heading to the clubhouse with umpire Mark Carlson.

While there was contact with the umpire, the main issue seems to have been his excessive protest following the call of safe at home. Zambrano claimed he got the tag-down in time on Pittsburgh's Nyjer Morgan. Morgan was a third when Zambrano's wild pitch got away from catcher Geovany Soto. As Zambrano covered home for Soto's throw, Morgan slid and was ruled safe.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/ba...ml?cnn=yes
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He unloaded on that Gatorade Machine. LOL
And they were winning??? Sounds like someone needs a nap. This is baseball, he could be going through withdrawl.
players reactions to the blow up

The Cubs are my favorite team and i cant wait til they get Zambrano back. i do think that the Cubs do need to make some trades before the deadline. they need to get some more hitters, bc there bench is just to short.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:players reactions to the blow up

First off, That machine is awesome. Second, Ryan Dempster is hilarious.
Panther Thunder Wrote:First off, That machine is awesome. Second, Ryan Dempster is hilarious.

Yes he is my friend.
I thought the whole video was pretty good. I liked how all the players played along. I hope you get better Gatorade Machine, hope the stent on the DL doesnt last to long.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Poor Gatorade machine...