Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg Blackcat Softball 2009-2010
What do you think the outcome will be next year for the Lady Cats??
The Lady Blackcats only graduate 1 player, being Katy Petry, so they should be much improved next season.
They should improve over last year, if the rising seniors and junior will set the tone. They need to be hitting, and throwing during the summer and fall, or the improvement won't be enough to compete with the top tier teams in the area.
Last season the softball team was hitting everyday in the cage are throwing during the summer. They problem was they cound;t get everyone together. Also anthor problem was everyone not getting along. They had there clicks. Jv didn't like the varsity and the varsity totally didn't like the JV. I belave with one senior leaveing it will not change much. They will more than likely have just 3 seniors, Pagie Collet, Devon Poe, and Erica Meade. But I have heard rumors that Erica may not be comeing back.
I didn't follow them close, but did catch a few of their games. With 1 senior and 3 juniors it sound like the whole team was a JV team. Who didn't get along? Erica Meade should have a stellar year next year. If she doesn't play that will hurt the team but hurt her even more. She's got a shot to play at the next level.
hawg laig Wrote:I didn't follow them close, but did catch a few of their games. With 1 senior and 3 juniors it sound like the whole team was a JV team. Who didn't get along? Erica Meade should have a stellar year next year. If she doesn't play that will hurt the team but hurt her even more. She's got a shot to play at the next level.

Yes, I beleave Erica will also have a shot at the next level. When I heard that she was concerding leaving next year I was very shocked. She is a great player but she doens't have a team to back her. And especially when you don't have a team that does't get along that just makes it worse.
It will be the same as last season. I think them not getting along is a problem but also the coaching is one to. They took batting practice alot but was never instructed on what they were doing wrong. They took infeild during batting practice not very good. Also they never did situations, they didnt know what to do with the ball when they got it. If they want to improve they need better practice then just hitting 100 balls in the cage.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:It will be the same as last season. I think them not getting along is a problem but also the coaching is one to. They took batting practice alot but was never instructed on what they were doing wrong. They took infeild during batting practice not very good. Also they never did situations, they didnt know what to do with the ball when they got it. If they want to improve they need better practice then just hitting 100 balls in the cage.

I also agree with this to. I have been to pratices before games. The only thing the girls would do was hit and the others would goof off. Some would wonder around the field and others would either be fighting over who bats next or who is playing what postion in the filed. And thay would never be told to do anything different. I notieced at the begiging of the year the girls where corrected but closer to the middle of the 2008-2009 softball year the coachs gave up. When the coachs gave up that just put the girls in more loses.
doode im sorry there is no hope for p-burg softball, just throwing that out there, sorry to burst anyones bubble.
Prestonsburg was a lot better before now. Yeah they may not have won a District title here lately.. But they where ok. Now that everything is blowin a part, and the girls are not being corrected it is just going to the girls.. There shouldn't be any coachs anymore.. I will be very disapointed if Erica leaves. But I see what she has been throw...
P-burg was a lot better in the 90's, but have been about the same over the last several years. I don't think the coaching is much different either. I saw them a few times this past season, but more often in the previous seasons. The only difference is now the head coach will hang around for the JV games.
It was a different sport and a different decade, but I went through a coaching change and faced some of the struggles Erica seems to be having. She is facing a choice, either join another team or lead this one. I've seen her on the field, but more importantly I have seen and heard the rest of the team. They respect her.
I chose to stay. I'm not saying that is the right decision for Erica, but it was the right decision for me.
That is right, Erica has been throw a lot with this team. And it is her choice to stay are go... As far as I know she hasn't made a 100% decison on what she is going to do.. But I would say it will be comeing soon.. I was also told that she was offered to play on a summer softball team and she turned it down.. And that is not like her to turn offers like that down.
something that isn't being recognized is that there are up coming freshman who may or may not help the team and there is a traansfer from allen central coming. this would be Caitlin Kidd, 2nd base for AC and she won a district award.
That is some good news for the blackcats. I have also heard there is at least one freshman pitcher who will be a big help.
hawg laig Wrote:That is some good news for the blackcats. I have also heard there is at least one freshman pitcher who will be a big help.

who ????
I think her last name is Warrix. I was at a P-burg baseball game and would watch the girls between innings. I saw this girl on the next field with a some other kids and she was throwing some serious heat. I asked why she wasn't playing and they someone said she would be a freshman this year.

(on a side note for Canoeman06-hearing really good stuff about your football team)
Tiffany Wertz ??? I would say that is who you are speaking of.

We have the biggest line we have hads in the past 6 years, but a bit small on the skill side. The biys are working hard also. We should be o.k. .........
If she is kinda petite and blond, then that's her. She would have been a nice addition for the lady balckcats this past season.
I also agree with Littleblackcatgirl, there should be a number of freshmen who could have an impact.
Tiffany would be a good addtion for the Prestonsburg team. But the question is, is she going to get playing time, pitching?? And also Catlin will be a very good addition to the team. Prestonsburg need a perment 2nd basemen.. But by the number that giurls showed up to bat one day this week. There wouldn't be anought to have a team.l
I arrived early for the P-burg vs Paintsville boys soccer game last night, and noticed a lot of what appeared to be P-burg softball players on the soccer field for the P-burg girls team. I would say a number of the players are also playing volleyball. That is probably where the players are at, instead of hitting.
They Should be pretty good IMO
i think they will be fine with the new coach sense they have not had one sense tackett on the other hand the baseball team don't have a chance they are going backward you need soneone that CARES about the team
With only 1 senior gone, I think we will improve. As far as I know everyone is returning.. Go Cats!!
they cant be that bad ?
I don't think either care imo!
Wondering how the season is going for the Blackcats? Have they played? Who? and how did they fare?
Nevermind. Just read the paper. Looks like they are more competitive than previous years.