Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 7 - Breathitt Co. 5 (14th Region)
14th Region @ Hazard

Congrats Hazard

Hazard come from behind win
Congrats Hazard.
Congrats Dawgs!
Great job Hazard
Congrats Hazard. Great effort by Breathitt. I read in another thread about KCC and LCC having young teams. After watching Breathitt play in the Tournament, they are gonna be dangerous next year, also. If I read the program correctly, they have only 2 seniors, 2 juniors, on the team and start 2 8th graders!
All that Breathitt loses in Back and Lawson. If the young players develop, then they could be pretty good next year. They get Ritchie and Terry back who both made the regional all tournament team.
I agree. Breathitt, along with Powell, LCC, and KCC will be the favorites. Of course, Hazard and PCC will be there as well as Estill.
lickbranchlegend Wrote:All that Breathitt loses in Back and Lawson. If the young players develop, then they could be pretty good next year. They get Ritchie and Terry back who both made the regional all tournament team.
I had to be out of town on a buisness trip, man I wish I could have been there. Breathitt had a very good year with all of those young kids and Ritchie and Terry really came up big. Congratulations to both of them. They both seem to be good kids as well. I was ver impressed with their attitude when they played and beat us. Who else made the all tournament team?
All tournament team members that I can remember are

Estill - Benedict (MVP), Freeman, Clowers (I think)
Breathitt - Ritchie, Terry
PCC - Napier
Hazard - Grigsby, Meehan
Wolfe - Campbell

I left out alot but thats all I can think of.
PCBaseball Wrote:I had to be out of town on a buisness trip, man I wish I could have been there. Breathitt had a very good year with all of those young kids and Ritchie and Terry really came up big. Congratulations to both of them. They both seem to be good kids as well. I was ver impressed with their attitude when they played and beat us. Who else made the all tournament team?

Man you missed a great day of baseball. Terry and Ritchie are both great kids. Better people then they are baseball players. Ritchie's arm was sore the whole game against Hazard from having to pitch against Powell. First time all year he pitched on that short of rest.
lickbranchlegend Wrote:All tournament team members that I can remember are

Estill - Benedict (MVP), Freeman, Clowers (I think)
Breathitt - Ritchie, Terry
PCC - Napier
Hazard - Grigsby, Meehan
Wolfe - Campbell

I left out alot but thats all I can think of.
Campbell for Wolfe? I was at that game, and Creech played great. Actually hit the only hard shot of the day for Wolfe that should have been a double and should have drove in two runs, but the coach was holding the runners and he threw out the only Estill player that tried to steal from his knees and got him by 3 or 4 steps. I know Wolfe is young,is Campbell a senior and is that why they gave it to him? If so, that is crazy. Creech was the only kid on that team that anyone who played on that team worried about at all. I sure feel bad for him because he sure deserved to make all tournament even if he is an 8th grader.
How do they decide who makes the all tournament team?
lickbranchlegend Wrote:How do they decide who makes the all tournament team?
I don't know but I went on maxpreps.com and shockingly, Wolfe has their players stats on there for the entire season and Creech finished the season with a .607 batting avg. and Campbell, who according to that site, is a senior. finished the season with a .279 batting. My guess is the only reason he made all tournament team is because he is a senior. Nothing against him, but that is just a terrible thing to do. Whoever chose this one, sure made a huge, and I mean huge mistake. From the games I saw the rest of the all tourny picks looked good. I hope Aaro McIntosh made for us here at Powell because he had a huge game against Breathitt.
I'm pretty sure McIntosh made it. I couldn't think of it until you mentioned it. Is McIntosh the 3rd baseman?
Great, because he played a whale of a game. Yes he is our third baseman.
Yes he did. Your team played a really good game. They hit the ball good all game. The only advantage Breathitt had was Ritchie pitching.
Don't forget the 2 miracle catches by the right fielder. Has he ever did that before because he looked mighty awkward out there.
No. Still can't believe he caught them. Those catches sure did come at crucial times in the game. He made a diving catch against Hazard, too.
Didn't you guys lose some critical players that didn't come out this season? I seem to remember that yo guys had a real fast center fielder and a really quick second baseman last year. Did they graduate last year? I thought that Epperson, your real good catcher, was your only senior last year.
Yeah we lost 5 starters off of last years team 4 that just didn't play and Creech who transferred to Wolfe. In my opinion if they played this year then Breathitt would have been an actual contender for the 14th. Starting CF, RF, 2B, 1B, and Creech would have fit in for Epperson nicely at C.
Yes, I would have to agree you may have won it all. Where do you think Creech will end up next year? I hope we get him, but I hear that Knott, Estill, Hazard and PCC are in the mix as well as you guys. If you guys had had him in that line up in front of Ritchie this year you all would have really been dangerous. He also has an absolute cannon behind the plate. The scarry thing is, he will only get better and that arm will get alot stronger. Scarry, very scarry.
I really haven't heard any talk about where he is going to go. All I have heard is that he won't be at Wolfe next year. He would certaintly help any teams pitching as well.
I didn't see him pitch any this year and in fact when my son played traveling ball for his dad, he never pitched any. His dad said he wanted to save his arm all that wear and tear. How did he look on the mound this year?
For his age I thought he looked good. Has decent velocity and good offspeed breaking pitches. I personally wish he would use his fastball more but I only seen him pitch twice so, I can't really say much. Needs to work on location but all pitchers need to. Easily the best pitcher Wolfe co. had.
Sounds good. All of these youn kids need to use their fastball more and learn how to spot it. How hard do you think he's throwing right now and does he have the potential to get up into the 90's like his dad. I had to face him in high school. Gas all the time. Low to mid 90's consistantly. Is there any shot at him throwing that hard by the time he is a Jr or Sr?
By the way, how hard is Ritchie throwing now? Looked like he was up around 81 to 83 at times the other night against us.
PCBaseball Wrote:I don't know but I went on maxpreps.com and shockingly, Wolfe has their players stats on there for the entire season and Creech finished the season with a .607 batting avg. and Campbell, who according to that site, is a senior. finished the season with a .279 batting. My guess is the only reason he made all tournament team is because he is a senior. Nothing against him, but that is just a terrible thing to do. Whoever chose this one, sure made a huge, and I mean huge mistake. From the games I saw the rest of the all tourny picks looked good. I hope Aaro McIntosh made for us here at Powell because he had a huge game against Breathitt.

PC I agree that Creech should've made all tournament team(probably didn't because he's a middle schooler), HOWEVER, choosing Campbell was not a "huge mistake". It's obvious that he shines playing outfield. He covers a lot of territory out there & can get the ball where it needs to go.
Creech no doubt will be all tournament throughout his high school career. If he transfers I hope he chooses wisely because he has too much talent to waste.
foxhound Wrote:PC I agree that Creech should've made all tournament team(probably didn't because he's a middle schooler), HOWEVER, choosing Campbell was not a "huge mistake". It's obvious that he shines playing outfield. He covers a lot of territory out there & can get the ball where it needs to go.
Creech no doubt will be all tournament throughout his high school career. If he transfers I hope he chooses wisely because he has too much talent to waste.
No disrespect to Campbell, but I was at the game and Creech played the best on offense and defense and has been Wolfe's best player by a wide margin and should not have been penalized because he is in the 8th grade. If a kid deserved it, which we both agree, he did, then it was a huge mistake to take it away from him and give it to anyone else. That is all I am saying. These awards should not be given to seniors just because they are seniors. In all probability the Campbell kid knows that he should not have gotten either and that puts him in a bad spot as well because he knows that he probably made it because he's a senior as well. The kid that made it for us was a junior and we had a senior on the field, but the junior outplayed him and deserved it and got it. That is the way it should be. In life you should get what you earn and I watched Wolfe's game with Estill and Creech earned it by a huge and I mean a huge margin over anyone else Wolfe had.
What? You mean Campbell made the all tournament team over Creech. Unbelievable. I was at the game, and just like all season long, Creech was by far our standout performer in this game. Brandon is a friend of mine and I am sure he would say the same thing. Creech definitely got the shaft on this one. If you play, it shouldn't matter what grade you are in. All that matters is how you perform and he has been by far our best player all season long. Whoever did this really screwed that young man over.
Ridge and PC I've known Campbell since he played Little League. I hope he doesn't feel like he was put in a bad spot. He's friends with the Creech kid and I think they are both mature enough to not make a big deal of it. After all, they both tolerated WCHS baseball. That tells me they both have character!