Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Los Angeles Lakers
65.52%
Orlando Magic
34.48%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Finals: Magic vs. Lakers
BlackcatAlum Wrote:So tag-team champs, Odom & Ariza payed pretty good defense tonight, huh?

We are watching Game 2 together. It will be different! :biggrin:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Okay, Kobe is putting on a clinic tonight. Magic might as well look to Game 2 now. Kobe is just on his absolute A-game tonight.

Magic should just plan for the next one.
Magic are simply outmatched. Courtney Lee & Mikael Pietrus cannot guard Kobe Bryant. Dwight Howard is struggling against Bynum & Gasol. Odom has Lewis on lock down and Ariza done an amazing job on Hedo.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Magic are simply outmatched. Courtney Lee & Mikael Pietrus cannot guard Kobe Bryant. Dwight Howard is struggling against Bynum & Gasol. Odom has Lewis on lock down and Ariza done an amazing job on Hedo.

all this is true and im so freaking happy that kobe is getting his 4th ring this finals, there was only one play i didnt like it was when fisher looked as though he tried to punch howard after a hard pick on him, i love the lakers and kobe is amazing but i hate fisher
Wildcatk23 Wrote:all this is true and im so freaking happy that kobe is getting his 4th ring this finals, there was only one play i didnt like it was when fisher looked as though he tried to punch howard after a hard pick on him, i love the lakers and kobe is amazing but i hate fisher

I can not stand the Lakers and I really dont like Kobe.... Phil Jackson is the only part of the Lakers that I can actually stand... He is a great coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
as big as lebron fan I am i have to say Kobe went off and clearly made a statement to the magics telling them that if they want a nba championship there gonna have to earn it but i see lakers winning it all this year
BlackcatAlum Wrote:

My new myspace song & I hate Lil Wayne.
Kobe wants to win more than anyone. He won't be denyed.
i Hate the lakers, but they made a big statement tonight, and Kobe absolutely just kicked their a** !!! I said the Magic in 7, but if they dont play any better than last night, the Lakers will sweep them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lakers are def on there way to another title,
I am loving the Laker credit everyone is giving after game one. It is clear to everyone now i think that the Lakers are the champs this year. And Kobe is taking his 4th ring.
K_Mac Wrote:I am loving the Laker credit everyone is giving after game one. It is clear to everyone now i think that the Lakers are the champs this year. And Kobe is taking his 4th ring.

The Lakers still have to win 3 more games.

I'm pretty confident in the Lakers because Fisher & Bryant both said the team is focused.
I hate to admit this, but I have zero interest in the match-up. I did not see a minute of game one, and will not be around a television for game 2. I am curious to see how the Non-LA neilsen ratings finish at the end of the season
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The Lakers still have to win 3 more games.

I'm pretty confident in the Lakers because Fisher & Bryant both said the team is focused.

True. Three more games to go. But I have ad high confidence in the Lakers all play-offs long. As soon as KG was injured my immediate reaction was to cher for the Lakers. I love Phil Jackson, and im a pretty good Kobe fan as well.
K_Mac Wrote:True. Three more games to go. But I have ad high confidence in the Lakers all play-offs long. As soon as KG was injured my immediate reaction was to cher for the Lakers. I love Phil Jackson, and im a pretty good Kobe fan as well.

I could understand liking PHIL but, give me MJ, Pippen, Rodman, Longley, Harper, Curr and so on I could win a ring to....
theVILLE Wrote:I could understand liking PHIL but, give me MJ, Pippen, Rodman, Longley, Harper, Curr and so on I could win a ring to....

You can't argue he isnt a good coach. He has certainly had great players, but he had a hand in that as well. It takes more then just good players to win... There have been a lot of teams with great players who couldnt buy a win.
K_Mac Wrote:You can't argue he isnt a good coach. He has certainly had great players, but he had a hand in that as well. It takes more then just good players to win... There have been a lot of teams with great players who couldnt buy a win.

Agree
I'll take the Lakers by 5 in a tight game tonight.
The foul with 2 seconds left was completely clean. Kobe is a baby
If...Then Wrote:The foul with 2 seconds left was completely clean. Kobe is a baby

:Thumbs:
Just like when Howard blocked Lebron at the 3-point line in like game 2, huh?
Lakers take game 2, 101-96 in OT.

Bryant finished up with 29 pts & 8 assts.

Gasol finished up with 24 pts & 10 rebs.
Great game by Lewis of Orlando. No one else stepped up for the Magic.

Nice performance by Gasol as well. I thought he was the difference maker for L.A.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Great game by Lewis of Orlando. No one else stepped up for the Magic.

Nice performance by Gasol as well. I thought he was the difference maker for L.A.

agreed! :Thumbs:
Is it just me, or do the Lakers fans seem very um.. quiet?
Dont get me wrong, im a huge lakers fan, and i'm always for them.
I just dont know why their fans are so quiet.

or maybe im just used to us crazy UK fans at rupp?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Great game by Lewis of Orlando. No one else stepped up for the Magic.

Well, Gasol always shows up to play, just not huge numbers,

Its when odom shows up is when the lakers are unbeatable, 2 great players is hard to deal with(bryant,Gasol) but when 3 (odom) shows up, your in for a night

I agree. Gasol was a key part of L.A.'s victory.

Agreed that Gasol played well, but then again, he always does. I disagree though that no one else stepped up for the Magic. In my opinion Hedo Turkoglu played very well for the Magic also.

Matters not though, the Lakers are going to win. No question.
Game 3:

Magic are up 59-54 at halftime.

The Magic shot a Finals best 75% from the field in the first half. Rashard Lewis has the lowest field goal percentage shooting 4-7 from the field.

Still yet, the Lakers are only down 5. Kobe Bryant has self-handedly kept the Lakers in the game. Kobe has 21 points at the break.

I think that Michael Pietrus is playing good defense on Kobe, but he needs to quit biting on the shot fake and be more disciplined on defense to slow Kobe down in the second half.

I'll say the Magic will take this game and force a Game 5.
Kobe is just simply, Amazing. He is keeping his team in this game.
Orlando takes Game 3, 108-104.

Mikael Pietrus was the most valuable player in this game IMO. He defended Kobe beautifully in the second half getting steals and altering his shots. Pietrus also made some clutch plays on offense and knocked down free-throws at the end to help seal the deal.

The Magic shot outstanding from the field tonight including 75% in the first half. The Lakers played good basketball too. I think Kobe was a little tired at the end though, but still a great effort by Bryant. I like the way Marc Jackson put it, "the Lakers didn't lose this game, the Magic just won this game."

Great game to watch and it should be an interesting Game 4.