Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central in 2006
What's everyone's opinions on the Rebels in 2006? They will be led by Tyler Turner and a host of other seniors that include Alice Lloyd signees Justin Jacobs and Brock Kidd, Nick Music, Josh McKinney, and Robbie Vanderpool. Scottie Little is just a sophomore and if his arm holds up, will be one of the region's top pitchers for years to come. Freshman Josh Prater hasn't played much since little league but has a strong arm with some quickness as well. They play a pretty competitive schedule that includes away games with Leslie County, Lexington Catholic, Bell County, Johnson Central, and Lawrence County. They also play Ashland Fairview, Hazard, Letcher Central, and East Carter. Coach Ken Johnson has definitely got this program back to where it was a few years ago when they took the Region crown. This is a special group of kids at Eastern, and I believe they have the potential to go a long way. People in Right Beaver are saying there hasn't been a team this talented at AC for quite some time. Pikeville is of course the favorites to win the 15th Region, but Allen Central, in my book, is not very far behind. I'm saying the Rebels role through the 58th District and give Pikeville a pretty good run for their money in the 15th Region.
If allen central is going to be successful they had better learn to hit aganist better pitching
I'd put them up there in the top 2 teams in the region, along with Little as one of the best pitchers in the region.
"blackcat" Wrote:I'd put them up there in the top 2 teams in the region, along with Little as one of the best pitchers in the region.

I agree, Allen Central has the best all around team, and Pikeville has the the best pitching.
Ac has a pretty good bench too, they have a sophomore that has a great arm. I forgot his name but if im not mistaken he played Qb for the football team at ac. I look for this kid to step up and take over the spot that needed to be filled in the rebel outfield.
I think Allen Central will do good in the 2006 baseball season
Allen Central's QB is Freshmen Josh Prater. Josh was an outstanding little league and junior league baseball player. Josh has not played baseball in a year or two and I don't think he has ever played high school baseball. He could probably help them out though if he is playing this season.
I wasnt talking about josh prater.Im talkin about the kid that was qb but quit cause of family problems.if im not mitsaken the name was weston craiger or something like that. i know they call him wes but thats about it
Yeah, Wes is his name. He played outfield last year on the JV team and has an excellent arm. His hitting could be better, but that just comes with experience and a little more practice. If he plays, I look for him to see quite a bit of playing time this season. With his arm, speed, and accuracy, I think he could fill the void left by graduate Wilfredo Dominguez.
Well i see AC as one of the top teams in the region. They only lost a few key players and most of these boys have been together forever. I would say to watch out for the Rebels.
AC will be very good this year. They have a very experienced squad with many returning starters.
A.C.'s pitching may be even better in 06. Turner had a somewhat down year this past season but i know the kid can pitch. All little has to do is be as good as he was last year. Another kid who looked a lot better on the mound this summer is the regular catcher Brock Kidd. These guys along with some younger talent could have a great season.
they will have a good season
Good luck to the Rebs... wish I were still playing for them. Sad
The rebels will have nothing to worry about.....they will have an awesome season and again will be one of the tops in the 15th!
Not very good and they wont win the region.
They Will Win Region And I Will Be There To Cheer Them On....go Rebs...comback Wes We Need You
"King_Kelly" Wrote:They Will Win Region And I Will Be There To Cheer Them On....go Rebs...comback Wes We Need You

WES??????????????
He is talkin about Wes Craiger
Sorry King, but from what I've seen I don't see Wes making much of a difference at ACHS in baseball this season.
Where have you saw him play WOW?
I watched most of BLHS and ACHS home games at Stumbo Park in 2005. Sorry guys but Wes didn't impress me. The games I watched he only saw JV time and even then he was about average. So I just don't see him making a big impact on Varsity at ACHS this season. He played outfield and catcher the games I watched.
They will have another good year they have a lot of good talent on their team.
:wenumber1 Ac is the best team in the region, they have 7 returning starters from 2 years ago. They lost 2 seniors last year, Ryan Hammonds and Wilfredo Dominguez. But they will win region this year with flying colors.HANDS DOWN
Probably better than they was last year. Scott Little is a GREAT young pitcher and if nothing happens to his shoulder or anything I dont think teams will be able to hit him. and they return about their whole team which was very good in all positions last year.
I've watched Allen Central baseball for quite a while now and I don't see how they can't win regionals this year..hands down they're gonna be the best in the 15th region this year..want to wish the guys luck!! :champ:
I see John Bryant becoming a dominant force in the 58th and maybe even the 15th. This year will definitely be his coming out party. His bat will be a big part of the 2006 Rebels success.
what??????????
you have to hit the ball for u to be a dominant force in the 15th and you also have to play
I went to a lot of Allen Central's games last year, and they *WILL* be the best in the region! Good luck boys! I'll be there at the games in 06 to support ya all the way to state! GO REBELS!