Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmie Johnson wins Dover..
Johnson held off Tony Stewart in a great race, but nothings being said about the finish. All Ive heard about is Dale Earnhardt friggin Jr finishing 12th!! Everytime anybody gets interviewed, they wanna know what the driver thinks about Jr. Guy has THE BEST EQUIPMENT OF ANYBODY IN NASCAR, AND HE'S 18TH IN POINTS!!! And I'd bet he dont break the top 15 at the end of the year! Im sooo tired of everything NASCAR being about Jr. He finishes 12th, and you would think he won the freakin race! Sorry HP, I love ya bro, but you gotta admit, this is getting pretty old..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What a great finish. This was a fun finish to watch
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Johnson held off Tony Stewart in a great race, but nothings being said about the finish. All Ive heard about is Dale Earnhardt friggin Jr finishing 12th!! Everytime anybody gets interviewed, they wanna know what the driver thinks about Jr. Guy has THE BEST EQUIPMENT OF ANYBODY IN NASCAR, AND HE'S 18TH IN POINTS!!! And I'd bet he dont break the top 15 at the end of the year! Im sooo tired of everything NASCAR being about Jr. He finishes 12th, and you would think he won the freakin race! Sorry HP, I love ya bro, but you gotta admit, this is getting pretty old..
:worthy: Couldn't have said it better myself. Maybe 12th is like a win to him considering he isn't good enough to win a race.
That was an amazing finish by Johnson & Stewart. That's what racing is all about.
Loved the finish. Johnson was on a mission after coming out of the pits 7th. He was a man that wanted the win and so was Stewart. I was a 3 Earnhardt fan and watched Jr come up and have been a Jr fan from the beginning and believe he would have been a better driver had his dad still been around. I never thought Jr and Tony Jr were a good team so glad to see the change. However, Jr is on the best team, with the best equipment and now a solid crew chief so there is no one left to blame, if he doesn't get the job done now then he is going to have to accept the fact that it is HIM. I did think the TV crew went overboard talking, talking and talking about the whole crew chief change. The rest of the season will prove if Jr is really a good driver or not. I say it is time to man up, driver the wheels off and get into the chase, where anything is possible or become the new Kyle Petty. I personally would like to see him show some emotion and have some fire like the last few weeks when Kyle Bush has basically called him out and Jr has nothing much to say.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Johnson held off Tony Stewart in a great race, but nothings being said about the finish. All Ive heard about is Dale Earnhardt friggin Jr finishing 12th!! Everytime anybody gets interviewed, they wanna know what the driver thinks about Jr. Guy has THE BEST EQUIPMENT OF ANYBODY IN NASCAR, AND HE'S 18TH IN POINTS!!! And I'd bet he dont break the top 15 at the end of the year! Im sooo tired of everything NASCAR being about Jr. He finishes 12th, and you would think he won the freakin race! Sorry HP, I love ya bro, but you gotta admit, this is getting pretty old..
C'mon man. I know youre upset because "Waaad Button" aint out there racin and I am too but the truth is this. JR is the most popular driver in the sport and therefore is who the talking heads in the media are going to talk about. You and BC4L and a lot of others may not like it but that doesnt change the fact. Yes it does get out of hand with the media Ill admit. I guarantee Jr himself doesnt want that kind of attention. Considering the circumstances that 12th did feel like a win. Lance Mccgrew even said himself that as bad as that team has performed all year they werent going to show up and win this weekend and I knew that. But Ill take that bet because the communication is there already and it wont take long for this group to get back up front.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I personally would like to see him show some emotion and have some fire like the last few weeks when Kyle Bush has basically called him out and Jr has nothing much to say.
If youll remember DW took some pretty nasty shots at Dale Sr through the media in the '80s but Sr rarely said anything back about DW through the media.
[quote=HAIL PIKEVILLE!]If youll remember DW took some pretty nasty shots at Dale Sr through the media in the '80s but Sr rarely said anything back about DW through the media.[/QUOTE

Yeah, you are right but Sr done his talking on the track. How many time did he put a fender in DW or at least let him know he was there as he went by. That is what I was meaning with Jr showing some emotion and having something to say, go out and drive your but off and beat Bush and do what it takes to get to the front. Look at the drive Johnson had after coming out 7th with a few laps to go. That was diving your but off. Huge Jr fan and really hope things come together and he makes the chase.