Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SECTION 8 SEMI-STATE Lawrence Co./East Carter
This Game Has Been Cancelled For Tonight Due To All The Rain That Has Occured And Predicted. Game 2 Will Be Played At 11am On Sat. 6-6-09 And Game 3 (if Needed) Will Be Played Around 6pm.
Will Lawrence pitch Shepherd in the 11:00 game or still go with Moore and pitch Shepherd at 6:00 just wondering.
Good luck to LC and Coach Feltner!!
16BBall Fan Wrote:Will Lawrence pitch Shepherd in the 11:00 game or still go with Moore and pitch Shepherd at 6:00 just wondering.

Thats a good question..... Hmmm I really dont know who I would start in the game... Because they are both studs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Thats a good question..... Hmmm I really dont know who I would start in the game... Because they are both studs.

If you want to say that Moore is capable of throwing a good game, then yeah I'll agree with that. While Moore shows some promise as he is only a sophomore, he is a long way from being in the "stud" category. 74 to 77 MPH is not exactly what I would consider as meeting "stud" criteria.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:If you want to say that Moore is capable of throwing a good game, then yeah I'll agree with that. While Moore shows some promise as he is only a sophomore, he is a long way from being in the "stud" category. 74 to 77 MPH is not exactly what I would consider as meeting "stud" criteria.

MVP SOUNDS LIKE STUD TO ME..Confusedhh:
Blueheat Wrote:MVP SOUNDS LIKE STUD TO ME..Confusedhh:
Brad VanHoose was the 57th district MVP too (chosen over both Moore and Shepherd I might add). Throws almost identical velocity as Moore. Is he a stud too?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Brad VanHoose was the 57th district MVP too (chosen over both Moore and Shepherd I might add). Throws almost identical velocity as Moore. Is he a stud too?

Congratulations for Brad, but can you confirm that he and Moore throw the same speed. Until then your statement is just an opinion bubby. I would rather be the 15th regional MVP than the 57th district MVP anyday, and i think 99% of the people would agree on that. Also who's still playing and going to make it a two year repeat to Applebee's.:Thumbs:
Blueheat Wrote:Congratulations for Brad, but can you confirm that he and Moore throw the same speed. Until then your statement is just an opinion bubby. I would rather be the 15th regional MVP than the 57th district MVP anyday, and i think 99% of the people would agree on that. Also who's still playing and going to make it a two year repeat to Applebee's.:Thumbs:
Yeah I can certainly confirm that as being 100% accurate, as I gunned every pitcher in the 57th district tournament there BUBBY. Sat right behind the UK assistant in the championship game. His gun and my gun were virtually identical the entire game. Aint no opinion to it, BUBBY. They both pitched in the 74-77 MPH range. Actually VanHoose was a little more consistant on the upper end of the range than Moore was. Actually hit 79 a couple of times. Moore only touched 77 a total of two times the entire game in his less than impressive outing against Sheldon Clark. How's that???

As for the MVP of anything, it is really irrelevant to anything at all concerning what we are even talking about. Get with the program here , BUBBY.

As for who is still playing and who may get another shot at Applebee is again totally irrelevant to the subject being discussed as well, BUBBY.

One must also remember here too BUBBY, that overall this is by far the weakest that this region has been in many years.

Really struggling today, aint we BUBBY?
Blueheat Wrote:Congratulations for Brad, but can you confirm that he and Moore throw the same speed. Until then your statement is just an opinion bubby. I would rather be the 15th regional MVP than the 57th district MVP anyday, and i think 99% of the people would agree on that. Also who's still playing and going to make it a two year repeat to Applebee's.:Thumbs:

Moore won two games in the regional, it was a nobrainer as to who should get the MVP. I would trust Kimball though when he makes his comparisons....he's been around the game a long time and is an accurate and honest judge of talent.
IRISH4 Wrote:Moore won two games in the regional, it was a nobrainer as to who should get the MVP. I would trust Kimball though when he makes his comparisons....he's been around the game a long time and is an accurate and honest judge of talent.
Dont you know IRISH that honesty has no place in these threads? We want to rah rah for our local boys and kind of strech things just a tad. Honesty will certainly never be tolerated and accepted here. LOL

Again, I want to emphasize that I think that Moore is a good pitcher for his age. He needs a lot of work in a lot of areas. In time he may develope into a really fine pitcher, but I stand by my counterclaim that he is of "stud" caliber at this time. The good thing about being a sophomore is that he still has time to work on those things.
IRISH4 Wrote:Moore won two games in the regional, it was a nobrainer as to who should get the MVP. I would trust Kimball though when he makes his comparisons....he's been around the game a long time and is an accurate and honest judge of talent.

Wrong, he won one game in the regional tournament and that was the final game against mr.kimball's mighty eagles. He pitched a shutout 6-0 with 8k's and only gave up 4 hits.:Thumbs:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Again, I want to emphasize that I think that Moore is a good pitcher for his age. He needs a lot of work in a lot of areas. In time he may develope into a really fine pitcher, but I stand by my counterclaim that he is of "stud" caliber at this time. The good thing about being a sophomore is that he still has time to work on those things.

Well, bein part of the all regional team as a freshmen is pretty impressive in my book. How many freshmen do you know that makes that team as a freshmen when all you do is pitch and do nothing else. He must have been a stud then and now as a sophmore he grabs even more hardware made the 57th district all tournament team and was the MVP of the 15th regional tournament. hmmmmm.. im still confused here???:lmao:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah I can certainly confirm that as being 100% accurate, as I gunned every pitcher in the 57th district tournament there BUBBY. Sat right behind the UK assistant in the championship game. His gun and my gun were virtually identical the entire game. Aint no opinion to it, BUBBY. They both pitched in the 74-77 MPH range. Actually VanHoose was a little more consistant on the upper end of the range than Moore was. Actually hit 79 a couple of times. Moore only touched 77 a total of two times the entire game in his less than impressive outing against Sheldon Clark. How's that???

As for the MVP of anything, it is really irrelevant to anything at all concerning what we are even talking about. Get with the program here , BUBBY.

As for who is still playing and who may get another shot at Applebee is again totally irrelevant to the subject being discussed as well, BUBBY.

One must also remember here too BUBBY, that this is by far the weakest that this region has been in many years.

Someone is getting angry, it's ok its just a forum Mr. Kimball. Moore is the better picther enough said.
Blueheat Wrote:Wrong, he won one game in the regional tournament and that was the final game against mr.kimball's mighty eagles. He pitched a shutout 6-0 with 8k's and only gave up 4 hits.:Thumbs:
Kimballs mighty eagles are just not a very good hitting team there BUBBY, and neither is any one else in the 15th region.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah I can certainly confirm that as being 100% accurate, as I gunned every pitcher in the 57th district tournament there BUBBY. Sat right behind the UK assistant in the championship game. His gun and my gun were virtually identical the entire game. Aint no opinion to it, BUBBY. They both pitched in the 74-77 MPH range. Actually VanHoose was a little more consistant on the upper end of the range than Moore was. Actually hit 79 a couple of times. Moore only touched 77 a total of two times the entire game in his less than impressive outing against Sheldon Clark. How's that???

One must also remember here too BUBBY, that overall this is by far the weakest that this region has been in many years.

By the way i was stayin on topic, you was naming Brad's accomplishments and i was just naming Moore's, sounds like Moore beat him in that too. This might be the weakest region you've seen in years, but ill take another 15th regional title to our history.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Kimballs mighty eagles are just not a very good hitting team there BUBBY, and neither is any one else in the 15th region.

Neither was there defense in the regional championship. :biggrin:
Blueheat Wrote:Well, bein part of the all regional team as a freshmen is pretty impressive in my book. How many freshmen do you know that makes that team as a freshmen when all you do is pitch and do nothing else. He must have been a stud then and now as a sophmore he grabs even more hardware made the 57th district all tournament team and was the MVP of the 15th regional tournament. hmmmmm.. im still confused here???:lmao:
All it takes is to get paired against a weak team in the opining round, and when you have an offensive powerhouse lineup such as what Lawrence had last year to put up the run support, and it is not hard to make the team. All you have to do is have a W on your statline, and it's an automatic, there BUBBY. You make the team. A " W " or an "L" that is credited to a pitcher is the most misleading stat in baseball.
Blueheat Wrote:Neither was there defense in the regional championship. :biggrin:

Probably, but they were both good enough in the district though wasn't it? The reality of things is that the 15th region as a whole was just plain not very good this year. Not a whole lot for any team to be be bragging much about.

BTW, just how many accounts do you have anyways?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:All it takes is to get paired against a weak team in the opining round, and when you have an offensive powerhouse lineup such as what Lawrence had last year to put up the run support, it is not hard to make the team. All you have to do is have a W on your statline, and it's an automatic, there BUBBY. You make the team. A " W " or an "L" that is credited to a pitcher is the most misleading stat in baseball.

Still tho he has to keep the other team from scoring, no matter who it is thats pretty impressive for a freshmen, and you didnt answer my question.

STUDDDDDDDD
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Probably, but they were both good enough in the district though wasn't it? The reality of things is that the 15th region as a whole was just plain not very good this year. Not a whole lot for any team to be be bragging much about.

I'm thinking 3 fo' sho' for bubby.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Probably, but they were both good enough in the district though wasn't it? The reality of things is that the 15th region as a whole was just plain not very good this year. Not a whole lot for any team to be be bragging much about.

15 ill make another one in a minute.
Blueheat Wrote:15 ill make another one in a minute.

About what I thought. They all sound like a 12 year old.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I'm thinking 3 fo' sho' for bubby.

lol i was just kiddin around and you all get so mad over nuttin. I mean people can have different opinion's. In my opinion i think Moore is a stud and will have a great highschool career. I guess your's is different lol. I also didnt know the word bubby can trigger so much hate. :biggrin:
Blueheat Wrote:lol i was just kiddin around and you all get so mad over nuttin. I mean people can have different opinion's. In my opinion i think Moore is a stud and will have a great highschool career. I guess your's is different lol. I also didnt know the word bubby can trigger so much hate. :biggrin:
It's more like it's caused by the childish idiocy that just never ends from you.
He never said that Moore won't have a great career. Your just trying to get on his nerves. Its hard to get on here and talk about the game cause someone wants to start an arguement about something thats totally off subject. I say pitch Moore and see if they can win, if not pitch Sheperd the second game and move on. I think they will win at 11 though. LC-5 EC-4
Mr.Kimball Wrote:It's more like it's the childish idiocy that just never ends from you.

Everything i posted too you was facts so it wasnt idocy. You have your opinion i have mine. Let's end it on that.
My mistake, I thought he threw against the powerhouse Allen Central in the first round.
Cody has pitched the 15th Regional Championship the past two years and was the winning pitcher the past two years.... That is pretty impressive to me.... He does what is asked of him and does it pretty good.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IRISH4 Wrote:My mistake, I thought he threw against the powerhouse Allen Central in the first round.

Tate Banks was the pitcher that game....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]