Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arkansas 1st team to advance to College World Series
Arkansas 9 -Florida State 8 in Game 2. Innings 7-9 were great with both teams exchanging the lead and battling every pitch. Errors and walks cost State big in both games. In two games give up 10 runs in 7/8th innings on just 3 hits.
Title is a bit misleading, let it be noted that this is Arkansas' 6th trip to the CWS.
Title says 1st team to advance to the college world series, not Arkansas' first appearance in the World Series.
Just making a clarification just in case. Not taking a shot at you. "Arkansas is first team" would have been better.
Colonel Kill Wrote:Title says 1st team to advance to the college world series, not Arkansas' first appearance in the World Series.

:Thumbs:
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Just making a clarification just in case. Not taking a shot at you. "Arkansas is first team" would have been better.

:Thumbs: No problem.
It was a great game!! Congrats to Arkansas!!
any team from SEC i will root for. now waiting on florida and LSU
Congrats Hawgs! I'd say Panther Thunder is loving it! J/p J/p! :Clap:

Good Game tho, I love this time of year and the CWS!
beasy_bo Wrote:any team from SEC i will root for. now waiting on florida and LSU

Maybe Ole Miss as well!! If Ole Miss beats Virginia, it will be their first EVER CWS appearance!! The only schools from the SEC that have never made it are Vandy, Ole Miss, and of course Kentucky!!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Maybe Ole Miss as well!! If Ole Miss beats Virginia, it will be their first EVER CWS appearance!! The only schools from the SEC that have never made it are Vandy, Ole Miss, and of course Kentucky!!
thanks man i forgot about ole miss and i didn't know that about those 3 teams. i wish SEC could get every team in but i guess it has to be fair. i think UK has been upgraded their baseball last couple of years if i'm not mistaken and hopefully make it to the top at least once.
And guess who scored the winning run?
Zack Cox of PRP...This kid has like 12 homers (Arkansas Freshman Record), 38 RBI's, like .318 BA and starts at 3rd! ALL as a Freshman! Way to Represent KY!
beasy_bo Wrote:thanks man i forgot about ole miss and i didn't know that about those 3 teams. i wish SEC could get every team in but i guess it has to be fair. i think UK has been upgraded their baseball last couple of years if i'm not mistaken and hopefully make it to the top at least once.

Youe welcome Bo!:Thumbs:
I was thinking about Zack Cox and have something very interesting if someone likes or has time to do some research..
My question is...There can't be too many if at all, But I bet Zack Cox is the only person to ever win a Little League World Series, Win a state championship, and now play in the college World Series...Talk about a lifetime full of achievements..AND HE IS ONLY A FRESHMAN!!
SEC is well represented in this tourament.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:SEC is well represented in this tourament.

:Thumbs:
Hopefully one of these SEC teams will bring the Championship home. Good Luck Razorbacks!
Good Luck Razorbacks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I was thinking about Zack Cox and have something very interesting if someone likes or has time to do some research..
My question is...There can't be too many if at all, But I bet Zack Cox is the only person to ever win a Little League World Series, Win a state championship, and now play in the college World Series...Talk about a lifetime full of achievements..AND HE IS ONLY A FRESHMAN!!
Cox didn't win a LLWS. That was Zach Osbourne, who plays at UT. I believe.
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Hawgs! I'd say Panther Thunder is loving it! J/p J/p! :Clap:

Good Game tho, I love this time of year and the CWS!
Eh, we overachieved this year anyway. It was a good year, and congrats to Arky.
I bet no one thought they was going to make it this far.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Cox hit a homer yesterday to help the Hogs win again over Cal St Fullerton.
Congrats! Who do they play next? They are in the winners bracket right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!