Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer and Internet problems....
Just a couple minutes ago I was looking at some webpages and my monitor screen went completely black with little green lines going horizontal across the top of the screen...I had to restart my computer to get the black and green screen off. My internet browser is also getting really slow...sometime it works normally but sometimes I have to click on a link 2 or 3 times and refresh the page numerous times to get it to work...does anyone know what could have caused the black and green screen and what I can do about my internet being slow if there is anything I can do.
No idea!
you may have gotten a virus, run your virus scan to be safe.
Did'nt you have problems with yahoo and msn earlier.
Not me that was 15th....I haven't had any problems with this computer. Before my wreck I didn't even use this one...
http://www.lavasoft.de

download ad-aware free version (it's like 6.0 or 7.0), it's somewhere on that site.

Also, run windows update and get the newest version of Internet Explorer (which can probably be found on http://www.microsoft.com) With windows update, you get a Microsoft ad/spy-ware remover.

The screen 'black and green' could have been alot of things, from a fault in the video card or video port if you are integrated, to a problem with the actual monitor. Do you have LCD or CRT monitor?

Check if the video card is inserted properly if you run PCI or AGP video, but that wouldn't make sense because it wouldn't ever work if it was seated wrong in the expansion slot.

Sorry if I ramble, I just finished fixing about six computers in our library in about five minutes, so I feel so samrt.
I don't know...thats the first time it has ever done it and it has been working better than usual since....could it have been just a glitch?
Yeah, but don't go on a Matrix loving spree like all these freaks around here.

How is your internet now?
Internet is working great...it's fast for dial-up...