Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Supreme Court Rules against Massey Energy in political corruption case
The Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that West Virginia Justice Brent Benjamin should have recused himself from the cases because the A.T. Massey campaign contributions created a serious risk that Benjamin would be biased in the case.
Benjamin twice was the deciding vote in West Virginia high court rulings that threw out the judgment against A.T. Massey, a unit of Massey Energy Co. (MEE).
The $50 million verdict stems from a business fraud lawsuit filed against A.T. Massey by Harman Development Corp., a privately held mining company based in Beckley, W. Va

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/stock-market-...-bias-case
How do you guys and gals think this will effect the way Massey does business?
DevilsWin Wrote:How do you guys and gals think this will effect the way Massey does business?
I am no big fan of the way Massey does business and treats its workers, but not much.....Massey, Consol, Arch, Peabody, ICG, Patriot, James River, and Booth Energy(almost half of the nations coal production) are about to show the American people and Obama how important coal is........30 days of no coal production in July and August will end all the talk about stopping Mt. top removal and this carbon credit non-sense..............
NEXT Wrote:I am no big fan of the way Massey does business and treats its workers, but not much.....Massey, Consol, Arch, Peabody, ICG, Patriot, James River, and Booth Energy(almost half of the nations coal production) are about to show the American people and Obama how important coal is........30 days of no coal production in July and August will end all the talk about stopping Mt. top removal and this carbon credit non-sense..............

:Thumbs:

If you don't like Massey you should own their stock...it has been on fire lately.
NEXT Wrote:I am no big fan of the way Massey does business and treats its workers, but not much.....Massey, Consol, Arch, Peabody, ICG, Patriot, James River, and Booth Energy(almost half of the nations coal production) are about to show the American people and Obama how important coal is........30 days of no coal production in July and August will end all the talk about stopping Mt. top removal and this carbon credit non-sense..............

I have heard the 30 days no production, I hope thats what they do!! Great post!!!:Thumbs: