Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tributes to Miners
Tributes to all the loved ones we lost. I remember staying up all night watching CNN and praying these 13 men would be found. I can't keep from crying everytime I hear these songs, and just thought I'd share. "God was in the mines that day."

<--half

These are awesome videos!!!
Great post,probably the best post I have seen on BGR..The songs should make us all think about the life that we have lived, and just what could I truthfully write, if I knew my life was down to minutes. thanks .c.c.c!!!!!:Thumbs:
Awesome..Can't wait for TidesHoss32 to see this...BIG BONUS POINTS, lol!
Yeah that last one will pull at your heart strings.. I had a video of Vince Gill singing Hey God, doing a tribute that was pretty rough too..but the saddest was when I was in retraining last year, and they had a tribute to "Go rest high on that mountain"..and it showed all the pics of the men and their families, grandbabies, etc"..there wasnt a dry eye in the room. Thirty five men crying like babies, lol..A buddy I work with said that right after Sago, Brad Paisley was doing a concert somewhere in West Va, and in the background behind him, on a HUGE screen were pictures of all of the men..and it kept changing from one man to the next, and the band started playing "When I get to where im going"...I wouldnt have been able to handle that..thank you CCC, this means a lot to me, and I know it means a lot to the other miners that are on BGR..I came close to being the subject of one of these tributes, and thats why it hits me a little closer than most. Thank you sweety.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You are more than welcome!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yeah that last one will pull at your heart strings.. I had a video of Vince Gill singing Hey God, doing a tribute that was pretty rough too..but the saddest was when I was in retraining last year, and they had a tribute to "Go rest high on that mountain"..and it showed all the pics of the men and their families, grandbabies, etc"..there wasnt a dry eye in the room. Thirty five men crying like babies, lol..A buddy I work with said that right after Sago, Brad Paisley was doing a concert somewhere in West Va, and in the background behind him, on a HUGE screen were pictures of all of the men..and it kept changing from one man to the next, and the band started playing "When I get to where im going"...I wouldnt have been able to handle that..thank you CCC, this means a lot to me, and I know it means a lot to the other miners that are on BGR..I came close to being the subject of one of these tributes, and thats why it hits me a little closer than most. Thank you sweety.

Why is the above poster waiting for you to see this? Were you in a mine accident?
Yeah I got crushed two and a half months ago..broke 3 vertabraes, crushed one, broke my pelvis, four ribs, my kneecap, my big toe and took a chunk out of my head..I got pinned to the roof because of a loose roof bolt plate..it caught the back of my coveralls and pulled me on top of the railrunner and pinned me..
TheRealVille Wrote:Why is the above poster waiting for you to see this? Were you in a mine accident?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yeah I got crushed two and a half months ago..broke 3 vertabraes, crushed one, broke my pelvis, four ribs, my kneecap, my big toe and took a chunk out of my head..I got pinned to the roof because of a loose roof bolt plate..it caught the back of my coveralls and pulled me on top of the railrunner and pinned me..

Man, sorry, hope you get better soon. I had a friend from Elkcorn City get pinned once when a rock fell from the roof. Gladly, he was ok in a few weeks.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yeah I got crushed two and a half months ago..broke 3 vertabraes, crushed one, broke my pelvis, four ribs, my kneecap, my big toe and took a chunk out of my head..I got pinned to the roof because of a loose roof bolt plate..it caught the back of my coveralls and pulled me on top of the railrunner and pinned me..

I wish you the best TH32.

I have been involved in the coal industry for nearly 30 years and I know what miners experience everyday. Mining is always getting safer, but it is still dangerous and always will be. Accidents will always happen.

Everyone (especially those who live around here) should be extremely thankful and grateful for all miners (and people associated with the coal industry for that matter).