Mountain Christian 38 Scott County 27
Mountain Christian 48 Harrodsburg 29

6 games remaining
2 Saturday night and 4 Sunday
Game 5 - Mountain Christian 49 Royal Springs 24
Game 6 - Mountain Christian 34 Logan WV. (BLUE) 22
Game 7 - Mountain Christian 36 Castlewood VA. 18
Game 8 - Mountain Christian 45 Guyan Valley WV. 32
Game 9 - Mason County 38 Mountain Christian 33 - OT - UP by 3 with 10 seconds to go and a kid from Mason nails a 22 footer off the glass, We were able to get off 2 great shots at the end of regulation but the ball rimmed out on both shots. Mason County played great with exceptional guard play
Game 10 - Mountain Christian 54 North Oldham 27

10 games in less than 48 hours finishing up 9-1

Very proud of my boys and what a great trip for our team.

AB Combs went 10 - 0
Mason County was still undefeated when we left and was getting ready to play a very good Williamsburg team. Williamsburg was also undefeated.
what grade level was this?
7th
MCACoach Wrote:Game 5 - Mountain Christian 49 Royal Springs 24
Game 6 - Mountain Christian 34 Logan WV. (BLUE) 22
Game 7 - Mountain Christian 36 Castlewood VA. 18
Game 8 - Mountain Christian 45 Guyan Valley WV. 32
Game 9 - Mason County 38 Mountain Christian 33 - OT - UP by 3 with 10 seconds to go and a kid from Mason nails a 22 footer off the glass, We were able to get off 2 great shots at the end of regulation but the ball rimmed out on both shots. Mason County played great with exceptional guard play
Game 10 - Mountain Christian 54 North Oldham 27

10 games in less than 48 hours finishing up 9-1

Very proud of my boys and what a great trip for our team.

AB Combs went 10 - 0
Mason County was still undefeated when we left and was getting ready to play a very good Williamsburg team. Williamsburg was also undefeated.

Who all plays on this team? Is all the players from their school? Was this a certain divison or like 8th graders for next season?

AB Combs is decent, but I seen them get beat by Letcher I think, by 20+. Don't look like many teams go to G-town anymore. Mostly out of state teams. Hard to believe a team that was 6th(A team) and I think 5th or 6th(B team) in the County this past season can go down and do this well.

Congrats MCA...
uhavenoidea Wrote:Who all plays on this team? Is all the players from their school? Was this a certain divison or like 8th graders for next season?

AB Combs is decent, but I seen them get beat by Letcher I think, by 20+. Don't look like many teams go to G-town anymore. Mostly out of state teams. Hard to believe a team that was 6th(A team) and I think 5th or 6th(B team) in the County this past season can go down and do this well.

Congrats MCA...

First of all thanks for the compliment

Their was 115 teams at this camp from 7th grade to 12th grade

7th grade division had 20 teams in it.
MCACoach Wrote:First of all thanks for the compliment

Their was 115 teams at this camp from 7th grade to 12th grade

7th grade division had 20 teams in it.

So 7th had 20 teams in it. Thats what I was asking. So the 6th graders this past year was the ones who played, because thats how teams do it down there. 8th graders next yr. play in the 8th grade division.

Still though who played for you all?
Evidently the groups have changed a little since you have been there. The teams in the seventh grade division had players that were going from 6th to 7th AND players who were going from 7th to 8th. Most every team we played was in that situation according to their coaches.

We had 6 players going from 6th to 7th and 3 players going from 7th to 8th.

As far as who played for us you should have paid your $1420.00 like we did and maybe you could have come down to GTOWN and got you a little bit of action. Heck if you don't want to travel all they way down there and play those out of state teams we will host your team at our place or heck we will come to your place and play. These kids just want to play some basketball. Doesn't matter who or where, it's summer ball.

These boys have been in the gym 3 - 4 days a week since the season ended and have worked very hard and I'm very proud of their desire to improve.

If your that concerned with who played for us just give me a call I would love to tell. I"m pretty easy to get up with because I don't hide behind a screen name.

MCACoach
Coach Jarrell
MCACoach Wrote:Evidently the groups have changed a little since you have been there. The teams in the seventh grade division had players that were going from 6th to 7th AND players who were going from 7th to 8th. Most every team we played was in that situation according to their coaches.
We had 6 players going from 6th to 7th and 3 players going from 7th to 8th.

As far as who played for us you should have paid your $1420.00 like we did and maybe you could have come down to GTOWN and got you a little bit of action. Heck if you don't want to travel all they way down there and play those out of state teams we will host your team at our place or heck we will come to your place and play. These kids just want to play some basketball. Doesn't matter who or where, it's summer ball.

These boys have been in the gym 3 - 4 days a week since the season ended and have worked very hard and I'm very proud of their desire to improve.

If your that concerned with who played for us just give me a call I would love to tell. I"m pretty easy to get up with because I don't hide behind a screen name.

MCACoach
Coach Jarrell

Thats exactly what i said and meant. In bold. Still didn't tell me who was playing on the team. Maybe because a couple of those players are from different schools like South Floyd, in Corey Thornsberry and Zach Hall and a few from other schools, if its the same team you did have. Just saying, if its an AAU team thats fine, but don't say it's MCA when the kids dont go to your school.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Thats exactly what i said and meant. In bold. Still didn't tell me who was playing on the team. Maybe because a couple of those players are from different schools like South Floyd, in Corey Thornsberry and Zach Hall and a few from other schools, if its the same team you did have. Just saying, if its an AAU team thats fine, but don't say it's MCA when the kids dont go to your school.

Congrats coach. Anytime you can go down state and win it's a big thing in my book. I wish I could have got our kids that kind of competetion and amount of games.
what coaches are new?
Derrick Newsome at Wesley.
Jack Jarrell at MCA, just his 2nd year I think.
so are they leaving? who is going to wesley?
im going idk about corey tho and the teams u said tht won less than 20 games altogether won because i am officially a part of mca and there where only 2 player thats undecided corey and lako thts the only people we brought :1:
I sorry to see you go,but that was nice of MCA to take two kids that don't go to there school to camp in goergetown.
Good job mca good to see local schools doing well outside our local area.
Thanks E42 and FCFan for the positive comments.

We did take some extra kids with us to camp and I would have taken the whole county if I could have. I've tried over the past few years to keep the kids active and make it so some of them could experience a few things thru athletics that they might not have gotten to experience. The first AAU team that I put together myself and another a guy that helped me went out and spent over $1500.00 on uniforms and warmups just so the kids wouldn't have to wear tshirts to play in when we took them to state. We didn't win but we sure did look good.
It's not about the $ it's about trying to give the kids of East Ky. the chance to compete with the same confidence that the kids do elsewhere. I've taken boys and girls teams to tournaments throughout KY and WV and I feel like each and every one of them had great experiences and I hope they feel the same.
Yes, we did play as Mountain Christian and the new summer uniforms that one of the parents bought for the team to wear at GTOWN were awesome and yes they had MC Academy on them but i'm 100% Mountain Christian now. My two girls go to school there and I feel they are getting a Christian education second to none. I took time away from my family and spent alot of money out of my own pocket this weekend with this team and we had a blast. None of the nine boys that played over the weekend could have cared were each other went to school. They just played ball and had fun. It was truly a great weekend of friendship and fellowship. We all need to try and do more than we do for the youth of our area. I know I will continue doing so.

AND YES MCA WILL BE OPEN FOR IT'S 27TH YEAR PROVIDING A QUALITY CHRISTIAN EDUCATION

Thanks and see you at the Pike County middle school camp next week

Jack Jarrell
Mountain Christian Academy "SUMMER" Falcons

Matt Ison
Ian Hall
Matt Kidd
Michael Williams
Zack Clark
Tyler Stumbo
Zack Hall
Corey Thornsberry
Lako Daniels
Subash Ghutti
Colson Bartley
Landon Hall
Skyler Williams
Will Lemaster
jack is a great coach and didnt recruit me i decided to go to mca for a better education and a christian enviroment also its a plus to have a great ball team to.:1:
Lets keep this on-topic... if you cannot, please take it to private messaging.

Thank you,
BCA
congrats to mountain christian academy
thornsberry is a beast inside
MCACoach Wrote:Thanks E42 and FCFan for the positive comments.

We did take some extra kids with us to camp and I would have taken the whole county if I could have. I've tried over the past few years to keep the kids active and make it so some of them could experience a few things thru athletics that they might not have gotten to experience. The first AAU team that I put together myself and another a guy that helped me went out and spent over $1500.00 on uniforms and warmups just so the kids wouldn't have to wear tshirts to play in when we took them to state. We didn't win but we sure did look good.
It's not about the $ it's about trying to give the kids of East Ky. the chance to compete with the same confidence that the kids do elsewhere. I've taken boys and girls teams to tournaments throughout KY and WV and I feel like each and every one of them had great experiences and I hope they feel the same.
Yes, we did play as Mountain Christian and the new summer uniforms that one of the parents bought for the team to wear at GTOWN were awesome and yes they had MC Academy on them but i'm 100% Mountain Christian now. My two girls go to school there and I feel they are getting a Christian education second to none. I took time away from my family and spent alot of money out of my own pocket this weekend with this team and we had a blast. None of the nine boys that played over the weekend could have cared were each other went to school. They just played ball and had fun. It was truly a great weekend of friendship and fellowship. We all need to try and do more than we do for the youth of our area. I know I will continue doing so.

AND YES MCA WILL BE OPEN FOR IT'S 27TH YEAR PROVIDING A QUALITY CHRISTIAN EDUCATION

Thanks and see you at the Pike County middle school camp next week

Jack Jarrell
Mountain Christian Academy "SUMMER" Falcons

Matt Ison
Ian Hall
Matt Kidd
Michael Williams
Zack Clark
Tyler Stumbo
Zack Hall
Corey Thornsberry
Lako Daniels
Subash Ghutti
Colson Bartley
Landon Hall
Skyler Williams
Will Lemaster

Congrats Coach and MCA Falcons. Anytime you are in a competition and win 9 of 10 games, I consider that a very successful trip no matter who the opponent is. Also I don't think it matters who you took or what school they attend or will attend, this is summer ball. Coach took his time to put a team of kids that wanted to play basketball this summer and competed. As a coach myself I know the time and money involved to do this and it is done for the kids and the expirence they get, nothing more. Sounds like coach provided an opportunity for these kids to play basketball this summer instead of sitting in the house playing on a computer, xbox, or just do nothing. Again congrats to MCA for Gtown and good luck in Pike Co. coach.
First of all i agree with uhavenoidea, don't call it mca when half of the kids playing on your aau team do not even go to mountain christian, second of all i thought mca was such a prestigous school that they didn't resort to holding back their students on the basis of sports, obviously this isn't the case, because mca has two freshman and a sophmore playing on thier team so sure you can win ball games playing in a 6-7 grade division if most of your players should be in highschool.........................this is sad and pathetic.....................not how you rbuild a program that has struggled for past 5 years!!!!!!!
good post