Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone In My Generation Should Read This!!!
Close your eyes... And go back...

Before the Internet or the AIM

Before semi automatics and weed

Before playstation2 or X-bOX

Before the 5 hours of homework you put off every night...

..Way back...

I'm talkin' bout hide and go seek at dusk.

Red light, Green light.

Playing kickball & dodgeball until your porch light came on.

Mother May I?

Red Rover

four square

Hula Hoops

Running through the sprinkler

Happy Meals

Getting the privelage to sit in the front seat of the car

Wait...

Watchin' Saturday Morning cartoons

Like Hey Arnold and Doug

Recess

Or what about legends of the hidden temple, global guts, double dare, bloody mary and who, ARE YOU AFFRAID OF THE DARK!

Who could forget Snick

Or the teenage mutant ninja turtles, scooby doo, and Power Rangers,

Christmas morning...

Your first day of school

Bedtime Prayers and Goodnight Kisses

Climbing trees

Getting an ice cream off the ice cream truck (the real ice cream truck w/ cones & banana splits)

A million mosquito bites and sticky fingers

Jumpin' down the steps

Jumpin' on the bed

Pillow fights

Runnin' till you were out of breath

Laughing so hard that your stomach hurt and you almost peed your pants

Laughing so hard that you did pee your pants

Being tired from playin' all day

Your first crush...

Rainy days at school meant playing "Heads down 7-Up" & "King chase the Queen" in the classroom

Remember that?

I'm not finished yet...

Kool-Aid & Icee Cups was the drink of the summer

Giving your friends a ride on your handlebars or spokes

Wearing your new shoes on the first day of school

Class Field Trips

When nearly everyone's mom was at home when the kids got there.

When getting high was swinging on the swing-set

When $5 seemed like a million, and another dollar a Miracle.

When your parents took you to McDonalds and you were so cool.

When Toys r Us overuled the "mall"

I want to go back to the time when...

Decisions were made by going "eeny-meeny-miney-moe"

Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, "do over!"

"Race issue" meant arguing about who ran the fastest.

Money issues were handled by whoever was the banker in "monopoly"

Catching fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening

It wasn't odd to have two or three "best" friends.

Saying cuss words were referred to the "F, B or S - word" or h-e double hockey sticks.

Being old, referred to anyone over 20.

The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was cooties.

The only real heart break you had was when your mom wouldnt buy you that new toy

Nobody was prettier than Mom

Nobody was cooler than Dad

Scrapes and bruises were kissed and made better

It was a big deal to finally be tall enough to ride the "big people" rides at the amusement park.

Getting an inch of snow was a dream come true.

Abilities were discovered because of a "double-dog-dare"

Spinning around, getting dizzy and falling down was cause for giggles.

If you can remember most or all of these, then you have LIVED!!!
We watched an episode of ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK the other night at an all night sleepover birthday party, and maybe it's all the killing I've done, but that just doesn't effect me anymore.

It's lost it's touch.
Reizvoll Wrote:We watched an episode of ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK the other night at an all night sleepover birthday party, and maybe it's all the killing I've done, but that just doesn't effect me anymore.

It's lost it's touch.

Or You have gotten older...where the littlest stuff now, once was the biggest stuff imaginable when we waas yonger.
Man RB. I remember everyone of those things.
It's crazy isnt it BCF, just think about how old we are man.....It's amazing actually, i cry almost every time i read this article, i had to post in on here because i think this is the first thing that i have ever actually READ and it made me cry............
I know what ya mean man. Jason and I were just talking about these things the other night. I mean I'm going on 21 and it seems like no time ago I was just a little runt doing the things that are listed above. I couldn't wait till Saturday mornings till I got to watch cartoons. I couldn't wait to go to Toys-R-Us and get a new toy. Or till Halloween to get some candy. I mean these things bring back so many memories and it seems like everything on that list, I have done before. It's just unbelievable that these things happened so long ago.
I HAVE AN IDEA..............if anybody can remember anything they used to do that they ABSOLUTELY LOVED when they were a little kid please post it on this thread.........

as for me, I used to love sleeping with my parents when i had a bad dream, I used to love going out with my dad try to find santa at christmas. I used to love football back when it was pure, the only reason we played was for pure love of the game.
I remember all those things as well. Life was so much easier it seemed. Once you kids hit that ripe old age of 21 your life zooms by, and if you don't stop to enjoy the simple things....your gonna miss it.
I remember all of those things...so many GREAT memories!! I still try to do some of them if I can. I mean nothing beats the pureness of childhood :thumb:
i loved
hr puff n stuff i think is the name of it
I'm only 20 but it seems as if my life has zoomed by since I got out of high school. I just wish that I was still in high school and still talked to all the friends that I used to have. Those were the good days and we didn't even know it until now.
I remember all of that stuff...me and my 'best' friend at the time use to build treehouses and climb trees so no one could tell us what to do...lol...it was fun...
I remember all of that stuff also... those were the good ole days
lol after reading that one thing comes to mind....I DONT WANNA GROW UP IM A TOY'S R US KID... it's true even im 19 almost 20 i still enjoy goin to toys r us!! It's amazing how many of those things i had almost forgot about doin until i read that...
My saturday morning cartoons consisted of Mr. Cartoon, and Bugs bunny, elmer fudd, daffy, snorks, she-ra, he man, laser tag, thunder cats, and stuff like that.. doug and those came a few years later.. But the rest fit me to a t... From the time i got my first basketball goal, at age 4, i was outside from daylight to dark shooting hoops, by myself or with friends.. man i miss those days..
how many of the older men in here remember the best time ever was playin with the tonka trucks, but usually with the cab broke off in the sanbox.... or riding 20 inch bikes over home made ramps to jump those two feet without wrecking....
I remember all of those things.
Little League basketball, going to my grandparent's house to spend Friday night and eating breakfast with them on Saturday morning, crawling into bed with my grandfather and listening to stories about when he was younger, watching Barney and all the shows on KET as well as Snick, when the coolest thing ever was playing basketball all evening and refusing to come in at dark, playing on swingset, having a clubhouse, playing air guitars, making home movies with your friends of just you all playing and running around, having imaginary friends, going to library school, going places with my older cousins, cheering on my Vikings, and so many more things.
I miss them more than ever now.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:how many of the older men in here remember the best time ever was playin with the tonka trucks, but usually with the cab broke off in the sanbox.... or riding 20 inch bikes over home made ramps to jump those two feet without wrecking....

Oh man, i got a building full of tonka toys.. Loaders, dozers, trucks, backhoes.. you name it.. the ironic thing is. i get to play with the real ones now lol..
I remember all of those things. I'll try to talk to my friends about it and it seems that i'm the only one who remembers any of it. Sometimes i strike a nerve and we get started talking about the cartoons that would come on early in the morning or the ones that we would stay up later than mom and dad knew about to watch, like sercret squirel, the snorks, the smurfs, hong kong phooey, etc. I remember me and my sister would catch fireflies in mom's mason jars. I remember it all.
looking back on my younger days i can say my best memories are our family vacations, all i ever wanted to do was see the ocean, or go somewhere "cool", but every year for miners vacation, we always went camping. it used to make me so mad and i was embarassed at school when everyone would tell me all about the beach or a great amusement park, all i could say was "we went to german bridge and camped out for 2 weeks" i always though that was just horrible. but as i have grown up,and unfortunately lost both of my parents, i look back at everything my mom and dad put into those vacations, we would spend the whole day on the bank fishing and let me tell you there is nothing like a big breakfast cooked in the great outdoors. my dad would always take me and my brother to his favorite hunting spots and tell us how when "you kids grow up you can kill you a big buck if you just learn to sit still and be quiet" it seems we were always a little loud for dads taste when we went on our "hunts" i remember my first squirrell hunt with dad and my brother, we had one in the tree right above us but i never even saw it and dad was so excited i shot anyway, needless to say i missed and buddy let me tell you dad was laughin his butt off at me over that one, i remember i cried all the way home that day, i felt like i let him down. the year i turned 13 i was supposed to go on my first big deer hunt, well dad quit huntin that year, i was so mad at him. it wasnt till i was 17 and old enough to go on my own that i got to go on my first deer hunt, and guess what, dad decided it was time for him to hunt again too lol. these are all memories that i cherish greatly and im sorry for typing so much, just kept coming out. but yeah i remember all those things too, except for the cartoons, mine were bugs bunny, thundercats, gi joe, and superfriends lol. thanks for listening guys once again sorry i typed so much. and oh yeah, im still waiting on that big buck lol
Wow I think that I went back some thirty years reading that. Things was so simple back then and we as kids had so much responsibilities around the house. I think we need to be adding these things to our kids today. Maybe the world would slow down.
Basketballonlyfan and BP hit the nail on the head. It keeps getting faster and faster the older you get. Don't ever stop doing as many of those things as you can. You have to grow up but you can still enjoy life. I've had some very stressful jobs in my life and I've done them well but I've never stopped playing jokes and never will you must enjoy life and no matter what laugh everyday and especially at yourself. A lot of people hate the song but its true DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY enjoy life. Never say can't and if you must then don't worry until you have something to worry about don't worry about the what if.

I was telling my wife back a months ago that I've had the perfect life. I've done almost everything that a boy growing up says he wants to do when he grows up. I've played sports in school wasn't real good but I still got to play. I've got to drive Ambulances, Police Cars, Fire Trucks, Trains, River (TUG) Boats, Farm Equipment and Heavy Equipment. I've helped catch bad guys, saved some lives and spent the last minutes with others while they took they're last breaths. It really lets you appreciate what you have. I've pretty much done everything a little boy would want to do when growing up. But the best thing is I found that special one and have two great kids to show for it which makes my wife have three kids.
Awww CD
Ya know.. I was thinking the other day. I want to get married, and start a family.. and my g/f and i were talking about the divorce rate these days.. and one thing i have noticed is people who get divorced do it for some stupid reasons.. i'm not saying that all divorced couples are stupid, just that when people get married most are doing it for the wrong reasons these days.. its' cause someone gets pregnant, or they want to get out of the house..

If things could go back to when family vacations consisted of families doing things together, instead of splitting apart, then would things really be as bad as they are? I don't knwo the answer but it seems liek everything just ran smoother just 20 years ago..
I remember doing all those things! I still love Toys-R-Us tho..lol
I got stalked last time I went there
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Oh man, i got a building full of tonka toys.. Loaders, dozers, trucks, backhoes.. you name it.. the ironic thing is. i get to play with the real ones now lol..
Those were the best days....I would sit in the sand for hours playing...then of course I also remember riding my bike of a 4 foot ramp and face planting into the blacktop :HitWall:
Ouch...my cousin gave me a ride on his bike one day and I fell off and the bike reflector went into my leg and cut a big gash out of it.
I remember all those things. Every saturday morning I always watched Saved by the Bell (lol i loved that show) bugs bunny and stuff like that was the cartoons when i was i kid
Saved by the Bell still comes on at like 6:30 and 7am or 7 and 7:30 can't remember which on TBS.
I've came to the conclusion that I have watched every episode from every season...I still see the reruns on and watch them though, those were the good old days.

For Oldies day at school I actually dressed up like Kelly Kapowski (sp?)