Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central Wins State JV Tournament
The Letcher County Central Lady Cougars wins the 2009 State JV Tournament...The Lady Cougars defeated Louisville Mercy 2, Bryan Station and Mercer Co. 2. on Friday during pool play getting the #1 seed in the Tournament..On Saturday Lady Cougars defeated Mercer Co. 3 to advance to the Final Eight..On Sunday we defeated Harlan Co. to go to the Final Four, Louisville Mercy 3 to advance to the Finals, and the defeated Christain Acadmey of Louisville to win it all.. Way to go girls...
Congrats Ladys
go lady cougars.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
:Cheerlead Way to go girls!!! I feel this is the team for the next few years. Girls keep up the hard work and Congrats to a GOOD COACH!!! I believe this team will make it out of the 14th Region and on to state for the next four years!!! :Clap: :Thumbs:
They just have to work hard at there game. If they can't get past breathith, then they will get no where fast. I think Dickie is doing a great job.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Nice job !!
I agree with you cougarpride they will have to work hard. But I believe these girls are willing to work and they have the coach that can get the work out of them. I know Breathitt is good and they too have a good coach but I believe that with the talent and SIZE that Letcher has, they will come out with the WIN in the end. :1:
I hope you are right.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

bballfanlcc Wrote:The Letcher County Central Lady Cougars wins the 2009 State JV Tournament...The Lady Cougars defeated Louisville Mercy 2, Bryan Station and Mercer Co. 2. on Friday during pool play getting the #1 seed in the Tournament..On Saturday Lady Cougars defeated Mercer Co. 3 to advance to the Final Eight..On Sunday we defeated Harlan Co. to go to the Final Four, Louisville Mercy 3 to advance to the Finals, and the defeated Christain Acadmey of Louisville to win it all.. Way to go girls...
Was this with all LCC girls ?
Yep
anybody stood out in the tourney individually?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

6 of the players will be freshmen, 5 will be sophomores. Several of the other 27 teams in the tournament allowed juniors to play om their JV team. All 11 played outstanding, with the easiest game probably the championship game. Their defense was outstanding and they made approximately 25 three point shots in their 7 victories. They put the Louisville team away in the first quarter of the championship game, running out to a 21-2 score at the end of the first quarter and enjoying their efforts throughout the remainder of the game, winning their second consecutive state JV tournament by a margin of 32 points. A super group of young ladies who also happen to be very good basketball players.
way to go. Can't wait till the season starts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

UKisN1 Wrote:Yep
That's good, glad to see local girl's do well. Seems like I've watched Eldridge and Breeding play forever and they're still young players.
Whitaker, Meade, Eldridge, Cornett, Collins, and Breeding along with others make a good nucleus for years to come.
:wenumber1 :letsparty GO LCC
Congrats girls!
If these girls won the state AAU last year in JV why didn't Dicky play them in the upper level this year that is how you get better you play teams that are better than you. This is what cost LCC last year and will till they decide to play people better than them. What did they gain from beating JV teams by 30 pts nothing.
He did play these kids. He must play JBS, Cordia, KCC, and Jenkins twice. Scheduling is usually done over a two year period with corresponding dates. Hard to add quality teams without a two year committment. Otherwise, you play them on their homecourt w/o a reciprocal date.
If I am not mistaken his starting point guard is going to be a freshman, and he will have two sopmores with tournament experience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

You are correct.
I saw these girls play last night in a summer scrimmage at Knott County. They looked pretty good. They ALL play with alot of heart and determination. I was really impressed. Their point guard and 2 guard work very well together. Well to put it plainly they all work well together, a very unselfish TEAM. However, Knott's JV team did give them a good game and won their scrimmage way to go Knott Co. JV!!! :Cheerlead
Is Knott Co going to be that good?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

blaze9 Wrote:6 of the players will be freshmen, 5 will be sophomores. Several of the other 27 teams in the tournament allowed juniors to play om their JV team. All 11 played outstanding, with the easiest game probably the championship game. Their defense was outstanding and they made approximately 25 three point shots in their 7 victories. They put the Louisville team away in the first quarter of the championship game, running out to a 21-2 score at the end of the first quarter and enjoying their efforts throughout the remainder of the game, winning their second consecutive state JV tournament by a margin of 32 points. A super group of young ladies who also happen to be very good basketball players.

Congrats to LCC they have a great program up there under Coach Adams. How many of the players on LCC's team are hold backs or redshirts?
Knott Co does have a good group of young players and competition between these two programs should be exciting for the next few years. The JV game at Knott Co was not an actual scheduled scrimmage, with the varsity playing one 20 minute half and the JV then played for the second 20 minute half with the LCC JV team only playing two of the starters that played in the JV state tournament. Not taking anything from Knott Co as they also have a good young JV team. LCC will not be playing sophomores Haley Whitaker and Erica Meade or Freshman Kelah Eldridge on the JV team in the upcoming season.
Good Job.
Thanks for the info? Where else are they going to play before the dead period starts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Many of our girls have played together for a while.These girls are very good and tough.I hope we can win aat least a couple of titles.They have a great coach also.
This makes their second AAU state title in a row.
Congrats LC. How was the Frosh class last year?