Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Top 25 players in KY
Cody Barker and Casey Stapelton should be the best two in the 63 district. Maybe the 16th region
letthebighogroot Wrote:Sorry Hondo, but I have no reason to hate Valley or any of their players. I do however enjoy taking shots at most of the Valley fans on here, many of who, if you read thier posts haven't the foggiest idea of what it takes to play high level D1 basketball, and anyone that either isn't sick of the bragging or unwarranted hype, is amused by it.......................Bank it. Everyone that is, except for the valley fans.

I have nothing against anyone on this board, and everyone has the right to post what they want (as long as they abide by the rules). But I believe that most people on here discount your opinion and feel as if it is unimportant because of your overbiased attitude against Valley and their fans. If the purpose of taking "shots" at a certain group of fans is to "put them in their place", than your doing yourself an injustice. If someone posts ridiculous claims than we all realize this and discount their posts.

The purpose of viewing this board and/or writing on this board is to express your views, to the best of your ability on high school basketball. I agree, some fans are over-zealous and their views are discounted by us all, but it is a waste to see a well informed poster to get caught up in such biased posting, which causing us to completely writeoff and completely discount your posts.

If you say you have no hatred for Valley, that's great; but keep this in mind, you have made the posters on this board believe you are, based on your prior posts.
Hondo Wrote:I have nothing against anyone on this board, and everyone has the right to post what they want (as long as they abide by the rules). But I believe that most people on here discount your opinion and feel as if it is unimportant because of your overbiased attitude against Valley and their fans. If the purpose of taking "shots" at a certain group of fans is to "put them in their place", than your doing yourself an injustice. If someone posts ridiculous claims than we all realize this and discount their posts.

The purpose of viewing this board and/or writing on this board is to express your views, to the best of your ability on high school basketball. I agree, some fans are over-zealous and their views are discounted by us all, but it is a waste to see a well informed poster to get caught up in such biased posting, which causing us to completely writeoff and completely discount your posts.

If you say you have no hatred for Valley, that's great; but keep this in mind, you have made the posters on this board believe you are, based on your prior posts.
I agree, I'm pretty certain that most REASONABLE valley fans on here hate me. However. At the same time, I'm also pretty certain that most REASONABLE valley fans agree with me to some degree. But I will say this, I said before the all A matchup last year that I thought valley would win......When they did I cheered for them to win it all. Afterward, I said that there was no way they would win a rematch........They didn't. Had they, I would have been there Saturday morning, just like I have been there on Saturday morning for the last 12 years, and I would have been cheering for Valley to beat Holmes. As for this season, I will probably still take my shots at the "over the top" valley posters on here, but since they have the best chance to make a showing at Rupp............You can rest assured they will be my team if they are fortunate enough to get there!
letthebighogroot Wrote:I agree, I'm pretty certain that most REASONABLE valley fans on here hate me. However. At the same time, I'm also pretty certain that most REASONABLE valley fans agree with me to some degree. But I will say this, I said before the all A matchup last year that I thought valley would win......When they did I cheered for them to win it all. Afterward, I said that there was no way they would win a rematch........They didn't. Had they, I would have been there Saturday morning, just like I have been there on Saturday morning for the last 12 years, and I would have been cheering for Valley to beat Holmes. As for this season, I will probably still take my shots at the "over the top" valley posters on here, but since they have the best chance to make a showing at Rupp............You can rest assured they will be my team if they are fortunate enough to get there!

I understand where your coming from. I am a valley fan, but still yet I try to be reasonable with my comments. And I was pulling for Elliott after they beat Valley at Rupp this past Spring. I love to see Eastern Ky teams excel.

Keep the faith.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I agree, I'm pretty certain that most REASONABLE valley fans on here hate me. However. At the same time, I'm also pretty certain that most REASONABLE valley fans agree with me to some degree. But I will say this, I said before the all A matchup last year that I thought valley would win......When they did I cheered for them to win it all. Afterward, I said that there was no way they would win a rematch........They didn't. Had they, I would have been there Saturday morning, just like I have been there on Saturday morning for the last 12 years, and I would have been cheering for Valley to beat Holmes. As for this season, I will probably still take my shots at the "over the top" valley posters on here, but since they have the best chance to make a showing at Rupp............You can rest assured they will be my team if they are fortunate enough to get there!

Not a bad post. :Clap:

I do consider myself to be one of the "reasonable" Valley fans on here. But I certainly don't hate you. I do feel that you have an unusual obsession with Shelby Valley and look for any opportunity to put down the players and their fanbase.

I also will agree with you that there are several unreasonable SV posters on here. I can see why you would get annoyed by a ridiculous post and want to bust someone's chops over it, I do the same thing. But I feel you take it way too far, and consequently end up making posts that come off as though you honestly hate Shelby Valley.

In the end, I will also agree with you that I do hope for the best for all EKY teams (even though some Elliott posters made me really think twice about it during the Sweet Sixteen). Good luck to your Lions this upcoming season.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What do any of the last few posts have to do with the 2010 top players in ky??
Mr. Basketball front runners and KY All-Stars!
1. Ge'lawn Guyn
1. Ricardo Johnson
3. Elijah Pittman
4. Chad Jackson
5. Josh Sewell
6. Donovan Gibbs
7. Dakotah Euton
8. Elijah Justice
9. JJ Johnson
10.-25. your pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have two number ones Guyn and Johnson
goldenrule19 Wrote:Mr. Basketball front runners and KY All-Stars!
1. Ge'lawn Guyn
1. Ricardo Johnson
3. Elijah Pittman
4. Chad Jackson
5. Josh Sewell
6. Donovan Gibbs
7. Dakotah Euton
8. Elijah Justice
9. JJ Johnson
10.-25. your pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have two number ones Guyn and Johnson

Ricardo and Ge are the two best all around players in the state, IMO. I too think Mr. Basketball will come down to those two.
There is no way that delquan thomas should be out of the top ten.
Elisha has offers from Arkansas, Florida, and Louisville he is a good player and is getting better offers than Chad Jackson so i think he stays in front of him.
SV71 Wrote:Elisha has offers from Arkansas, Florida, and Louisville he is a good player and is getting better offers than Chad Jackson so i think he stays in front of him.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

I know that Louisville is thinking about offering a preferred walk-on position, but that is not a scholarship.

Florida and Arkansas? You must know something nobody else knows. Enlighten us with the details.......
well he has talked to all of them (arkansas, florida, and louisville) and pitino is coming to Valley's practice to look at him, I have seen Elisha play in real life he is an outstanding basketball player, he plays with a lot of heart he is definitely in the top 10
http://www.allkyhoops.com/2009/10/rick-p...lleys.html

I guess he is talking about what Wireman is reporting here on this site.

"Rick Pitino to Visit Shelby Valley's Elisha Justice
I have learned that University of Louisville head coach Rick Pitino will be flying back from New York tomorrow to evaluate Shelby Valley point guard Elisha Justice.

Pitino is looking for a backup point guard in the 2010 Class and is apparently considering a scholarship offer for Justice. Previously, the Cardinals had discussed the possibility of bringing Justice on as a walk-on with the opportunity to earn a scholarship. I hope to have more information after Pitino's visit.

Justice is also scheduled to make an official visit to Eastern Kentucky on Friday and Saturday. "
SV71 Wrote:well he has talked to all of them (arkansas, florida, and louisville) and pitino is coming to Valley's practice to look at him, I have seen Elisha play in real life he is an outstanding basketball player, he plays with a lot of heart he is definitely in the top 10

"Talked to" and the colleges "offering" is two complete different things.

I agree Elisha is an outstanding player:biggrin: