Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets see your Destop! Heres my FC4 screenshot.
I wanted to show off my new desktop I configured on fedora 4. (linux) Ya, I done all the theme and toolbars myself. Its fully customizable unlike MSwindoz.
With the latest release of crossover office 5.0, I was able to finally completely give up windows. Because co5 now runs dvd decryptor and photoshop. :Cheerlead

You can hit print screen on your kb and paste the image in your favorite image program and resize.
Anyway, here is my desktop running gnome on FC.
That's awesome QQ
First post back and he brags.....
keep it basic baby
Beef Wrote:First post back and he brags.....

:lmao:Confusedtickoutt Did you expect anything different?Smile
So that what you have been working on this week? Pretty cool really :thumb:
Beef Wrote:keep it basic baby

NiceRolleyes
I use 1280x1024, so beware Smile

As you can see, it runs barebone. Everything is hidden on my computer, or accessed through auto-run or command prompt. Mozilla firefox is bareboned and very user-unfriendly, no one else who has access to my computer can use it fluently. I constantly use hot-keys and custom ways to go to places.

Such as, Highlighting and pressing Ctrl+CLV [Enter] to open a web page that I highlighted.

Very neat that my family is dumb enough to not use it.

Here it is...

http://www.geocities.com/pike_hustler/reizwall.jpg
Reizvoll Wrote:I use 1280x1024, so beware Smile

As you can see, it runs barebone. Everything is hidden on my computer, or accessed through auto-run or command prompt. Mozilla firefox is bareboned and very user-unfriendly, no one else who has access to my computer can use it fluently. I constantly use hot-keys and custom ways to go to places.

Such as, Highlighting and pressing Ctrl+CLV [Enter] to open a web page that I highlighted.

Here it is...

www.geocities.com/pike_hustler/reizwall.jpg

Looks good REZ:rock: I got linux running on my XBOX also. Confusedhh:
As you can tell, I hate being crowded. All free space and beautiful background. Those movies on the desktop just haven't been organized yet because I'm too la... Nah, I'm just too busy.
heres my pirate pride showing through
Lol, Mr. I didn't read QQ's post I don't think.

Glad you have pride though, Superheroes need a reason to fight!
Beef Wrote:So that what you have been working on this week? Pretty cool really :thumb:

Let me give you the run down.

Saturday after I got home from the UK/Auburn game I started work on my postgres exam. I had to 4:30 Sunday to complete. Well at the same time I had two global information systems research papers due by Sunday Midnight. Well I worked about 50 hours straight on the test and the research papers with a few cat naps in between. I was able to get and extension on the postreSQL test until monday at 4.30 because I forgot my book in morehead and couldnt answer one of the questions.
I was able to answer all but one questions in Lexington without the book. I wasnt planning on purchasing the book. However that one question required me to spend 90 bux on one question. Well I finally got finished with postgres test on monday. Then I went off to sleep till sometime Tuesday night. On tuesday night, I had to do write some SQL statements about 10 pages worth for homework.
On wednesday MSU IT contacts me and they are having trouble converting the MSIS website over to the new MSU content management system. I had work on getting that resolved most of the day wednesday. Wednesday my computer crashes. So that night I reinstall Linux and everything seems to be going well. Get up this morning and try to boot my pc and it says DISK BOOT FAILURE. I knew then I had hard drive issues. So I run out to wally world and pick up a new hard drive. (All my other hard drives are full of data that I just cant lose right now, or have time to backup.) Well returned from wally world about 1 today and just got Linux set back up for a second time. Thats pretty much my whole week.

BTW, tomorrow I have another postgres test that will take at least 2 days to complete. Then I have SQL lab all day Saturday and Sunday I have to meet with my group to discuss our Database progect. :Hammer3:
My desktop as of right now.
Reizvoll Wrote:Lol, Mr. I didn't read QQ's post I don't think.

Glad you have pride though, Superheroes need a reason to fight!

lol, no i didnt read all of it, besides i wouldnt have understood it anyways
Print screen and paste would have been so simple but whatever it takes ain't it Mr. I? lol :Thumbs:
Reizvoll Wrote:I use 1280x1024, so beware Smile

Here it is...

www.geocities.com/pike_hustler/reizwall.jpg

Linux is also very clean. Those toolbars are all slide away. (you can have as many as you need to relate to any progect or whatever you may do.) I really like it because I can easily organize all my favorite programs into drawers and/or toolbars. Then with one click of a button they will all slide away and remain hidden to I want to slide them back out to work on a particular progect. Take a look for example.

If you look in the botton right and top right you will see little mini arrow. Those are my slide aways for my toolbars. Drawers can be placed in the toolbars as well. A drawer is similar to your windows start menu, except they only contain apps or files you place there. Example, I have a drawer for photo and graphics editing that contains all my graphics stuff. I then have a drawer that contains all my media players and media editing software.. :rock:
I have an underwear drawer
changed backgrounds. For some reason I like this on better:worthy:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I have an underwear drawer

:lol::lol:
I've got drawers in my desk....
The resolution looks pretty small, is that 640x480? It could be 800x600 I suppose, but I need massive space because my desktop gets really busy with like, 3 firefox 3-4 MSN conversations, 2-3 different forums up and crap. I multi-task hardcore.

Here is an example.

http://www.geocities.com/pike_hustler/reizbusy.jpg
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I have an underwear drawer
dang it...beat me to it....i was too busy reading his post and trying to understand what the hell he was talkin about.... :wtf1:
ROFL, Does that say THE GIMP on your drawer, or are my eyes decieving me?
My desktop is simple...clouds...lol haha...when I get upstairs then i'll post one...
Reizvoll Wrote:ROFL, Does that say THE GIMP on your drawer, or are my eyes decieving me?

Gimp is inside the drawer. LOL..

About the resoultions. I run 1024/768 when im reading forums or just browsing. However, when I working with graphics I run 1600/1800. Sometimes I go to quad desktops and spread my workspace throughout each desktop space. You can easily do this in linux. By default for desktop workspaces are placed in your taskbar. However, you can have as many work spaces as your machine will handle. :wieghts:
I understand that desktop QQ.
CatDawg Wrote:I understand that desktop QQ.

:Hungry:
Mr.I, I have that same desktop at my computer at work......I havent changed the one at home yet...I should do that now
I couldnt find the Print desktop, so I am just going to post it, of course its bigger on my desktop cause its stretched..I actually made this last november before the state title game.