Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teeth Whitening
Who does it? What do you or did you use? Did/does it work?

Yesterday my mom bought a kit from a dentist office that is called TresWhite. It is upper and lower trays that has professional strenth bleaching gel in them. You get 20 trays which is a 10 day supply (1 for upper and lower a day). The trays aren't hard nor are they cheap and soft. They are mint flavored so they don't taste all bleachy and plasticy (they also come in watermeleon flavored). The thing that I have noticed in using them is:
1. My teeth was whiter after the first use.
2. My teeth feel smoother, even after eating a few times without brushing during the day no food sticks to them whatsoever
3. The trays don't taste nasty and are very easy to use
4. They work

Just wanted to share my excitement over my new discovery and see if anyone used anything different.

I plan on getting my teeth lasered whitened sometime soon also.

Any info on previously or currently used products or procedures would be appreciated.
Mom bought me some kind of Teeth whitening kit form walmart, you brush your teeth, floss, and put some kinda of junk on your teeth it tasted bad and burned, so I didn't use it.
I'm going to get Whitestrips and see if they work...
I got some from my dentist a few years ago.. it worked great... just made my teeth very sensitive
DTfan Wrote:I'm going to get Whitestrips and see if they work...

I use those sometimes they seem to work pretty good don't taste all that great
I know the dentist now do laser whitening. It supposedly makes your teeth extremely white. Well at least it did my brothers. His teeth look like pearls after he had it done. Cost about 200 dollars. But thats probably what your would spend on those tooth whitening kits to get them that white.

Best thing about the laser is it doesnt bother your gums. Once I get a little money I may get it done.
I both something the other day at the Save a Lot. Some kind of whitening gel for a dollar. Taste like motor oil. It may work if one could keep it in their mouth without vomiting.
I think I might do the laser whitening
Well a girl that works in my dentist's office had the laser whitening done, said it cost her $140 and it worked great.

The TresWhite is working very well but it makes my gums a little sore sometimes.

I would be willing to shell out $200 to have them as white as what the laser would do because in a lifetime a person spends more than that on whitening crap that doesn't even work.

I've used the Listerine before brushing junk and it makes you feel clean but not whiter and the Whitestrips were a mess, hard to remember to do, and I thought that they tasted bad, I always swallowed some bleach, etc.

That's just me though.