Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer Tennis Tournament in Local Areas
Here are some tennis tournaments in the "local" area. Please post others you become aware of.

July 4 -5 Prestonsburg Blackbat Classic. Click on mtctennis.org to see their entire summer schedule and to click on this one to register.

July 22-26 36th Annual UVA Wise Tennis Tournament. Contact Danny Rowland (276) 679-1560. This one features very reasonable entry fees ($5 juniors, $10 adults) and very nicely laid out courts at the UVA campus in Wise.

September 4-7 Huffman Memorial Tournament in Pikeville. Register at mtctennis.org

September 26-27 MTC Pikevile Tournament. Register at mtctennis.org
Would be great to see our doubles champions go to some tournaments this year, but one of them was a senior. We also have one girl who might take her place but I don't know her name.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
second week in July Alice Lloyd has one!
We need to start having one here at LCC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Email received as to a tennis tournament at Morgan County the last weekend in August:

It's time for the "3rd Annual Cougar Tennis Classic" Saturday and Sunday August 29th and 30th.

The cost is $12 per event for adults and $10 per event for students. All proceeds go to support the Morgan County Tennis Team. Registration deadline is Tuesday August 25th at 6pm. There will be Men's and Ladies Doubles and Mixed Doubles, Men's and Ladies Singles in Levels A and B as well as a Novice division for those folks that are just getting started. We are adding a new division this year for Boys and Girls 12 years old and under. Hopefully everyone can find a spot to compete.

Again the deadline for registration is Tuesday August 25th at 6pm. If you would like join us you can contact me by simply replying to this e-mail or by calling 743-7717. Please give your name, phone number, e-mail address and the division (or divisions) you would like to compete in. We will have the brackets posted by Wednesday August 26th at 2pm. You can view the brackets on the internet at http://www.morgancountyschools.com or just give me a call at the number listed above.