Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the 15th this year?
After summer camps who do you see going home with it all in 09/10 ?:Cheerlead
Sheldon Clark has a shot
BatCat11 Wrote:Sheldon Clark has a shot

From what i saw this summer it looks like Sheldon Clark , Betsy Layne and then Shelby Valley.:1:
I would say Sheldon Clark, Shelby Valley, or East Ridge. Big Grin
I'm thinking East Ridge.
I would have to say Sheldon Clark since they posted a 23- 2 record this summer and defeated both Betsy Layne and Pike Central. Coach Rice has all five starters back and Carla Booth is the top player in the region so they should be the favorite
I would say the Ladycats of Betsy Layne.
Down and Out Wrote:I would have to say Sheldon Clark since they posted a 23- 2 record this summer and defeated both Betsy Layne and Pike Central. Coach Rice has all five starters back and Carla Booth is the top player in the region so they should be the favorite

I agree. :1:
Sheldon Clark should be a really strong contender but anything can happen. There is a lot of time between now and then. I'm not counting any other team out. Between Sheldon Clark, East Ridge, and Shelby Valley it's impossible to pick a clear cut winner.
Sheldon Clark and Shelby Valley will be hard to contend with. One of those two teams should be crowned 15th region champs.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Sheldon Clark and Shelby Valley will be hard to contend with. One of those two teams should be crowned 15th region champs.

I wouldn't count Shelby Valley out in the least but I heard that East Ridge only lost to them by 1 in summer ball. The Warriors return all of their talent and have a new coach so hopefully this season turns around for them. I am looking for really good things to come this season. Valley has a lot of talent for any team to handle. The clear favorite right now has to be Sheldon Clark. Carla Booth says she is ready to play and play she will.
i think betsy layne has a good shot
Sheldon Clark - favorite

They'res to lose.
It is a two horse race. Sheldon Clark and Betsy Layne.
I would have to say the frontrunners are Betsy Layne and Sheldon Clark. They played a close game this summer and it will depend on who wants it more, but any other team could step up on a given night.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:It is a two horse race. Sheldon Clark and Betsy Layne.

its not a 2 horse race SV will be good and PC and JC will be there when it counts.
East Ridge will be very good. They have a bunch of girls that play hard, and they have an excellent coach to use that talent to get the job done.
Sheldon Clark the favorite. Shelby Valley will be very good too. BL has some talent but the coach is green and not ready to lead that team to a region title. JC takes a big drop this year. The jury is still out imo on Phleps, PC, and East Ridge.
Phelps lost most of their key players so I do not see them as a factor. You never know, it is recruiting season right now so some transfers may come in.
thetribe Wrote:I wouldn't count Shelby Valley out in the least but I heard that East Ridge only lost to them by 1 in summer ball. The Warriors return all of their talent and have a new coach so hopefully this season turns around for them. I am looking for really good things to come this season. Valley has a lot of talent for any team to handle. The clear favorite right now has to be Sheldon Clark. Carla Booth says she is ready to play and play she will.

Summer ball is summer ball, but I think that East Ridge will be close to the top of the region as well along with Sheldon Clark, Shelby Valley, Paintsville, Betsy Layne, and others.

It should be an exciting and interesting season for the 15th region teams. A lot of great teams and a lot of exciting players to watch in the upcoming season. Should be fun.
baseline Jumper Wrote:Sheldon Clark the favorite. Shelby Valley will be very good too. BL has some talent but the coach is green and not ready to lead that team to a region title. JC takes a big drop this year. The jury is still out imo on Phleps, PC, and East Ridge.

Their coach may suprise you. She is young but she works hard and has the desire to get it done.
maybe everyone had not seen east ridge coming, but does anyone remember that shelby valley barely beat them at shelby valley the last two years. had brittany stayed at east ridge, they would be very hard to contend with. i notice hootie really bragging on east ridge now, he had no good words when the previous coach was there even though they gave us a run for our money both times at sv. that is simply wonderful that a new coach could come in to east ridge and turn things around in a summer. people, it takes about three years to build a program and guess what, those three years are about up. it is time for er to have a good team, i'm really glad brittany isn't over there. hootie, give someone else some credit other than rodney, he will keep you on as assistant.
LUV Sv you never say anything good about the players or coaches are you sure you like SV.gOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS!!!!
summer ball don't mean squat,it is like preseason in nfl u may got undeafeated but regular season is a different monster because all the players are there.
LuvSV Wrote:maybe everyone had not seen east ridge coming, but does anyone remember that shelby valley barely beat them at shelby valley the last two years. had brittany stayed at east ridge, they would be very hard to contend with. i notice hootie really bragging on east ridge now, he had no good words when the previous coach was there even though they gave us a run for our money both times at sv. that is simply wonderful that a new coach could come in to east ridge and turn things around in a summer. people, it takes about three years to build a program and guess what, those three years are about up. it is time for er to have a good team, i'm really glad brittany isn't over there. hootie, give someone else some credit other than rodney, he will keep you on as assistant.

2008-09 9-15
11-16
10-20
14-14
16-12
Confusedhh:This is ER's records for the past five years. When you are rebuiding it should get better every year, not getting worse. I have always said that ER had tons of talent but everyone wanted to blame them being young because they were not winning. Go look at my past post. They have two really good guards that may be in the top five guards in the region. They have some other guards that does have a lot of experience but have good speed. They have good size. Also you have to look at graduation each year. Everyone new that this would be their year untill Brittany Swindall left. I wish all the teams the best of luck.

On the Rodney comment, I am not coaching basketball anymore at this time. You need to stay positive or change your name.
BB5 Wrote:Their coach may suprise you. She is young but she works hard and has the desire to get it done.

She is a very good coach , young is not allways a bad thing when your team likes you.:Thumbs:
ballcrazy Wrote:She is a very good coach , young is not allways a bad thing when your team likes you.:Thumbs:

I agree, but which coach are you talking about specifically?
thetribe Wrote:I wouldn't count Shelby Valley out in the least but I heard that East Ridge only lost to them by 1 in summer ball. The Warriors return all of their talent and have a new coach so hopefully this season turns around for them. I am looking for really good things to come this season. Valley has a lot of talent for any team to handle. The clear favorite right now has to be Sheldon Clark. Carla Booth says she is ready to play and play she will.

east ridge didnt play valley or sheldon clark in summer ball.
softball Wrote:east ridge didnt play valley or sheldon clark in summer ball.

Never said they played Sheldon Clark. Someone told me that they lost to Valley by one at Pikeville College.
BballFan63 Wrote:I agree, but which coach are you talking about specifically?

BLHS girls coach.:1: