•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Girls OVC middle school
kittennation Wrote:I believe I struck a nerve. I am not an angry parent. Believe me when I say I no longer have a dog in this fight. Just some unsolicited advice based on the comments in this thread. Take it or leave it. Good luck in the post season. I look forward to seeing these girls play in the future.

Oh it strikes a nerve. Just hate to see anyone judge the future of these girls without knowing them. Yes, some teams come out with one D-1 player and some come out with 5...It's all about what you put in it. They are a close knit bunch that have been playing together off and on since 2nd grade. Most play ball year around together and travel together, so before you sarcasticly call them our "stars" and predict their future, you should find out a little bit about them. Every girl on these teams is a necessary part for it to work, and as we have all seen...When it works, they are unstoppable ...Not because we made them that way, because they are dedicated.

I'm proud of them all.:Wave:
violet Wrote:I have one who spends her share of time on the bench, but she is a team player. She is not close to peaking. Hopefully she will mature into a starter next year. In the meantime, lets support our starters by encouraging them. I hope they "peak" in the tournament.

You are exactly right. :Clap:
Maroon MaMa Wrote:Oh it strikes a nerve. Just hate to see anyone judge the future of these girls without knowing them. Yes, some teams come out with one D-1 player and some come out with 5...It's all about what you put in it. They are a close knit bunch that have been playing together off and on since 2nd grade. Most play ball year around together and travel together, so before you sarcasticly call them our "stars" and predict their future, you should find out a little bit about them. Every girl on these teams is a necessary part for it to work, and as we have all seen...When it works, they are unstoppable ...Not because we made them that way, because they are dedicated.

I'm proud of them all.:Wave:
want to watch tonites game. last time they played it was rough. verty should win though.
Maroon MaMa Wrote:You are exactly right. :Clap:
reckon the 7th and 8th will both make state tournement. where is it this year.anybody know?
HORNBLOWER Wrote:reckon the 7th and 8th will both make state tournement. where is it this year.anybody know?
you know where the state turnament is at?
Verity played at Rose Hill tonight. Anyone know the scores?
Intentional Foul Wrote:Verity played at Rose Hill tonight. Anyone know the scores?

7th verity won by 50 +
8th verity won by about 30 the refs helped keep this close with some tight calls on verity and a little lose for rosehill, walks and deflections to take the ball out of verity hands and give rosehill some extra poss.
It was mentioned to me that Rose Hill hired the girls coach to coach the High School Boys team. Kudos to him if he can pull it off!
:ChairHit:
bluegrass nation Wrote:7th verity won by 50 +
8th verity won by about 30 the refs helped keep this close with some tight calls on verity and a little lose for rosehill, walks and deflections to take the ball out of verity hands and give rosehill some extra poss.

7th simply unstoppable. 8th playin better but still 2 many throwaway passes.
yes i believe he is coaching both teams this year
HORNBLOWER Wrote::ChairHit:

7th simply unstoppable. 8th playin better but still 2 many throwaway passes.

Agree, it was an ugly game but then again having the more athletic team wins again. At times just horrible ball handling, shot selection and decision making. McKenzie Vanover took just a nasty elbow to her chest. I hope she is feeling better today. Going away with the win always made me feel better.
#12 got some good moves and nobody got into the middle. 21 good guard play 2
:Clap: imo Justice and Gransbury are most improved (from last year), especially Gransbury. Robinson too. great turnaround inside shot and rebounds v. well for a small guard. imo those 3 will be great together next level. they be hard to beat w/vanover in a couple years.
Two quality test for the 8th grade coming up with Russell and East to get them tourney ready while the 7th can win the regular season outright with a win at home against East on Tuesday. East and Verity is as good as it gets. Cant remember seeing such good hoops out of two middle schools teams. Well worth the price of admission!:rockon:
Maroon Truth Wrote:Two quality test for the 8th grade coming up with Russell and East to get them tourney ready while the 7th can win the regular season outright with a win at home against East on Tuesday. East and Verity is as good as it gets. Cant remember seeing such good hoops out of two middle schools teams. Well worth the price of admission!:rockon:

Verity 8th 61
Russell 32
The first half was filled with sloppy play. I think it was tied 22 all at half. The second half they came out and really played better. Justice, Vanover and Young carried the load. Justice and Vanover controlled the boards and Young had some nice looks at the basket and passed the ball well to the open player.
Made the trek over to see the Verity East Carter matchup tonight at Verity. The 7th grade was very enjoyable to watch Verity won 40-34 over East a very well played game. Verity is back at full strength and it showed. East led for a brief period in the third qt. But Verity led the rest of the game. Congrats to Verity on an undefeated conference record. I do not think that there is any doubt that these two teams will see each other one more time on Sat. Oct. 17 at 6:00pm in the old Alumni Gym is South Ashland. If you don't have anything to do I suggest you come out and watch these two teams play it is very exciting. I also was impressed with Verity's 8th grade I had seen them a couple of times but the first half tonight they played very well. Putting up 33 points the first half East played hard and battled back in the second half to make it respectable but Verity was in control of this one form the tip. Congrats to the 8th grade as well on an undefeated conference season and they are the heavy favorite going into the tournament.
totally agree. What a game(7th).Every time they play it is quality hoops. Really good players on both teams.Every time verity would build some momentum ,East would hit a timely three to snuff it. 8th, The East bunch plays as hard as ive seen, well coached and play whistle to wistle. Just a little out sized against verity. young for verity is getting better each game it seems. They show flashes of a real good team and as stated should be fine in the tourney.
I would agree with the other posters, the 7th grade game lived up to the hype. The 8th grade Justice, Roberts, and Young shot the ball well. I don't know how may rebs Vanover had but it seemed like she had a bunch. Good luck to both teams in the OVC tournament.
:Cheerlead Congrats Verity !!!! :ilikeit:
Does anyone have schedule for the OVC tournament?
Brackets are the same for both 7th and 8th.
Oct.10 Rowan v. West 7th and 8th @ 10 and 11:15
Oct. 10 East v. Boyd 7th and 8th @ 1:00 and 2:15
Oct. 13 Rowan and West winners play Verity's 7th and 8th at 6:00 and 7:15
Oct. 17 Boyd v. East winners play winners from Oct. 13 games in finals at Alumni Gym at 6:00 (7th) 7:15 (8th).

Good luck to all teams!
Who coached Boyd Co. middle school girls?
wildcat44 Wrote:Who coached Boyd Co. middle school girls?

I don't know who coaches either team. However they had to much talent on the 8th grade team not to advance in the OVC tournament.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)