•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Girls OVC middle school
I have seen Verity, East Carter and Boyd Co. Imo Verity is the team to beat.
RoyalBlues Wrote:[quote=MaroonMafia]Rowan comes to verity tomorrow, should be a good game to watch.[/QUOTE

Both grades last year were able to sweep the series. Hopefully this will continue.

7th completely dominated the game. Total team effort.
Verity 66
Morgan 17
East 7th and 8th beat West tonight.
AshlandFan Wrote:I have seen Verity, East Carter and Boyd Co. Imo Verity is the team to beat.

I agree Verity is the class of the 8th grade it is theirs to lose. But I think the 7th grade is a toss-up between Verity and East they are both very good.
There was a 7th grade kid playing for Boyd last year that imo was one the best players in the region. She played against Verity's 8th grade in the championship and scored half of Boyd's points. Does anyone know anything about her? I didn't see her at East, will she play against Verity?
Boyd 7th & 8th beat McKell last night. Girl from McKell broke her leg in 7th grade game hope & pray everything is OK and she has a speedy recovery.
Verity 8th grade offensively could get anything going but grinded out a win last night.

Verity 42
Rowan 14
bungles Wrote:Fairview has a big test tuesday with russell.

Does anyone know how this one turned out?
BBalljunkie Wrote:There was a 7th grade kid playing for Boyd last year that imo was one the best players in the region. She played against Verity's 8th grade in the championship and scored half of Boyd's points. Does anyone know anything about her? I didn't see her at East, will she play against Verity?

Are you talking about Logan Fraley? She is a 7th grader at Boyd and plays up on 8th. She is an excellent player.
16BBall Fan Wrote:I agree Verity is the class of the 8th grade it is theirs to lose. But I think the 7th grade is a toss-up between Verity and East they are both very good.

Verity 7th grade has more talent, imo, than East Carter. They have a tough starting 5 and a strong bench. Unlimited potential on that team.
Maroon MaMa Wrote:Are you talking about Logan Fraley? She is a 7th grader at Boyd and plays up on 8th. She is an excellent player.

Logan is a great player, but it isn't her. This girl outscored her too, but I haven't seen her this year. Boyd would be hard to beat with those two playing together.
RoyalBlues Wrote:Verity 8th grade offensively could get anything going but grinded out a win last night.

Verity 42
Rowan 14

Didn't get the chance to see them last night. Glad to hear they still pulled one out.
Why is Russell in the small school division and Rose Hill in the large school division?
Bombshell Stomp Wrote:Why is Russell in the small school division and Rose Hill in the large school division?

Maybe it's up to the school if they want to play in the large or small school division. If I had a child in school I would want them in the division where they are going to be able to compete. I hate to see schools in the wrong division where they are getting a beat down every game. JMO
Bombshell Stomp Wrote:Why is Russell in the small school division and Rose Hill in the large school division?

Rose Hill ask to play up. and Russell's numbers qualified them for the small school division and they asked to move to small school last season.
Maroon MaMa Wrote:Verity 7th grade has more talent, imo, than East Carter. They have a tough starting 5 and a strong bench. Unlimited potential on that team.

I think they are pretty even right now but a lot can happen over the next 6 weeks. They have split this year and East won 2 games over them last season as 6th graders. East is playing some good competition this year. I know they are playing Mason County's 7th and 8th grade teams next week and are going to Lexington to play in a tournament later this month.
RoyalBlues Wrote:Does anyone know how this one turned out?
Russell by close to 30 Fairview didn't play well and Russell was just better.
BBalljunkie Wrote:There was a 7th grade kid playing for Boyd last year that imo was one the best players in the region. She played against Verity's 8th grade in the championship and scored half of Boyd's points. Does anyone know anything about her? I didn't see her at East, will she play against Verity?
She movied out of state.
verity and east didnt split. Verity won a game to open the season with east. Verity lost a half at east in a scrimmage with east parents reffing and verity came back and won the second half. Secondly, Verity is clearly more talented at every position. I think East on the other hand is the better team right now due to being together so long. you are right it is a long season. that should only make verity that much more of a favorite,Not to mention they have three of the best 4 players in the region on one team.
According to Verity schedule next week games are:

September 8 at Boyd Co
September 10 Home Rose Hill

Today's game with Wurtland was canceled.
LionEagle Wrote:Boyd 7th & 8th beat McKell last night. Girl from McKell broke her leg in 7th grade game hope & pray everything is OK and she has a speedy recovery.

That was Kate Campbell that broke her leg, Lewis County prayers go out to you for a speedy recovery.....a setback for the team as she is a very good player for the 7th and 8th grade, same girl that had the knee problem I believe.
Fairview over Lewis Co. by 9 8th grade. Fairview was down by 17 at the half.
AshlandFan Wrote:According to Verity schedule next week games are:

September 8 at Boyd Co
September 10 Home Rose Hill

Today's game with Wurtland was canceled.

How does these two teams look right now? Haven't seen either one of them play.
Boyd 7th & 8th defeated a very young Rose Hill team last night. Humphrey had 14 in 7th grade game & Fraley hit around 6 3's in the 8th grade game for BC both lopsided wins. Up next a very strong Verity 7th & 8th grade bunch. Good luck Lady Lions
LionEagle Wrote:Boyd 7th & 8th defeated a very young Rose Hill team last night. Humphrey had 14 in 7th grade game & Fraley hit around 6 3's in the 8th grade game for BC both lopsided wins. Up next a very strong Verity 7th & 8th grade bunch. Good luck Lady Lions

The Humphrey kid is going to be a nice player and Fraley is going to be a good shot, I can see her logging a bunch of minutes for Boyd varsity team. This will be a good road test for Verity at Boyd Co. They should have no problem against Rose Hill.
Our Rose Hill girls showed a lot of courage last night. They will continue to improve.
We fought hard against Boyd Co and will continue to battle. Tuesday we play Fairview and Thursday at Verity. It should be a great week for basketball.
Rose Hill should be in the small school division where they can compete and help build their program. Russell should be in the large school division. Its hard to get better and improve when a team is getting beat unmercifully.
7th Grade, another team effort by these young ladies.
Verity 42
Boyd Co 20

8th Grade
Verity 34
Boyd Co 30

Hard fought game for both game teams. Vanover and Young both played really well, McKenzie Vanover has really step up since coming over from Rose Hill. She has physical toughness that every team needs.
8th was much closer than i expected. Logan Fraley was lights out for a half and i think Young for verity is playing as well as anyone right now. really like veritys new addition as well. verity 7th played worst offensive game of the short season. Nice team D holding boyd counties best to just one from the floor. I thought the game was played closer than the score though.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next