Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs Sheldon Clark Region 4 AA championship (predict)
"former_cards_player02" Wrote:All I got to say is Sheldon Clark has been the underdogs throughout the season and playoffs everyone said Brethette county will beet sheldon clark sheldon clark wins everyone says sheldon clark has no chance agaisnt a good Leslie team, they pulled it off no one thinks Sheldon Clark has a chance against Belfry could it be a 3rd time is a charm deal, and Belfry I promise will have many Martin county fans as Belfry fans. I look for Martin County and the cards go into cameran stadium and pull of a very close game.

As much as you wanna play the victim role, your Cards have the upmost respect from Belfry and the Pond Creek Nation. We do know it will be a tough game and will expect nothing but that from Shawn and the boys from Inez....NO BELFRY TEAM COACHED BY HAYWOOD WILL OVERLOOK ANYONE... !!!

As far as the number of fans you have, I don't think you'll outdo the Piratefans at Home in the Region Championship game.....For those of you not at the playoff games last year, I'd say there was close to 10,000 people crammed into Vipperman Stadium, I expect those kind of numbers at the CAM friday night....:rock:

GO PIRATES !!!TongueirateSho
Should be a very good game and I expect Belfry to pull out a close one. I'll get more into the scenarios and how I see them play out later, but first let me give a little bit of advice to my buddies in the secondary for the Pirates.

Guys, none of you weigh more than 160 lbs and this tackling without wrapping up and hitting people chest high has got to stop. I know the coaching staff has taught you how to tackle better than that, but just in case you forgot here it is plain & simple:

LOW MAN WINS!!!!

Hit low, and hit hard!!! Wrap up!!!
I'd say Belfry wins this. They won the first match-up this year and I don't see it being any different in the playoffs. Good luck Pirates!!
well...i think that leslie had a much better team them that of BELFRY......i think the cards will pull this one off in a big win

(Edited for Content - No Bashing allowed !!!)
Hey SCHS fans, if you would like to see some photos of last nights leslie county game goto http://www.austinstepp.com
SCHS has a great momentum, which they will need against Belfry. Belfry is a big team and are extremely deep. I think it the CARDS are in place, the CARDS could come out on top!
COACH HAGER FOR COACH OF THE YEAR!!TongueoliceLig
[Image: http://www.austinstepp.com/schsleslie/IM...hs0327.JPG]
Well we have beat Sheldon Clark 2-3 times with our FReshman, 2 Times with
JV, And once already with our varsity it was a preety big upset:Skull03:

So i have to say belfry by 21
Should be a good game I think Belfry will come out on top
Ok Cards...Keep on trash talking, you're going to give us some good locker room matireal. You had a big win yes, but you are not world beaters now.....
"Crossbones" Wrote:This is my first post on the site and glad to be here. PiratePal informed me of this site tonight at the Belfry game. I used to be on the other site, but this one looks much better.:Thumbs: I'll give a prediction later on in the week.

Welcome Crossbones! Didn't take you long now did it. TongueirateSho

I love the name by the way.
"HappyGilmore" Wrote:Should be a very good game and I expect Belfry to pull out a close one. I'll get more into the scenarios and how I see them play out later, but first let me give a little bit of advice to my buddies in the secondary for the Pirates.

Guys, none of you weigh more than 160 lbs and this tackling without wrapping up and hitting people chest high has got to stop. I know the coaching staff has taught you how to tackle better than that, but just in case you forgot here it is plain & simple:

LOW MAN WINS!!!!

Hit low, and hit hard!!! Wrap up!!!

I haven't seen big tackles all year. Maybe 6 at the most. It looks like they need to get the tackling dummies out and spend one entire practice teaching hitting techniques. Are kids that soft nowadays that they are afraid of hitting someone? A few of them are already halfway to their knees getting ready to tackle around the ankles before the offensive player even gets to them.

I'm with you Happy. This has got to stop. One hard hit on a back makes them second guess running up the middle or to the side.
:Skull03:
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:Welcome Crossbones! Didn't take you long now did it. TongueirateSho

I love the name by the way.

:Skull03: No it didn't. I love the site alot better than the other. Thanks for the info.TongueirateSku
"BelfryPride" Wrote:Welcome to the site crossbones !!! Great to have another Piratefan aboard !!!Tongueirate04:

Thanks glad to be here.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:I'd say Belfry wins this. They won the first match-up this year and I don't see it being any different in the playoffs. Good luck Pirates!!

Never base things on the first match up of the year because things can change in the playoffs. Im not saying SC will win, but im just saying that you never know what can happen in the playoffs.
This team don't worry me. The winner of the Russell game will worry me. Not saying that sheldon clark isn't a good team. I just don't think that they will be there in the end of the game and that is when Belfry will pull away. The first time they played each other was a good game the first half. That's just me. Who knows.
ok for all sc fans don't be stupid on here voice your opinions but like they said no locker room material please!! they are already good enough without people who don't know what they're talking about to give them any more incentive
I will take Sheldon Clark in this one. they are on a roll.
Belfry
In my own view I believe that belfry has already peaked this season. SC has now started to peak deep in the playoffs.The first matchup this year was ugly.SC made a few mistakes which I believe cost them the game.Belfry is a very good team with a great coach.belfry will prepare for the cards like they do every team keeping focused and not underestimating anyone.After seeing both teams play I believe if they both played a perfect game that SC would win with ball control and size.Many people might be surprised I say that but its the truth.Belfry is not the team they were in the past winning back-to-back titles.I predict Sheldon Clark will win but in a close game.SC special teams need to work on containing the runner and if they can belfry will not get big plays on O.SC did not play friday in the first half.If they play a whole game against belfry the way they can noone will be second guessing sheldon clarks true abilities as a fantastic ball club.
Here's the keys...

For Belfry:
-The Role of Momentum: SC is coming into this game sky high, whereas Belfry looked ho-hum against Middlesboro. For the Cardinals there is no pressure, they were not supposed to be here, they are a decisive underdogs, and if they win then it will be one of the biggets victories in school history. For Belfry, chamionships are now expected and you have already beat this team handily...that's alot of pressure. Belfry has got to match the Card's intensity and play BELFRY'S GAME... SC will try to play stall-ball and eat the clock...Belfry has got to make big plays that drains the Cardinals.

- May/Chapman: As a collective unit Belfry's backfield may be the most underrated in the state, in particular are these two phneominal underclassmen. Matt Maynard single handidly ate the Cards for dinner in the first meeting so don't expect him to get the opportunity..it's going to be up to the fullback May and Chapman to play huge in this one. I honestly think of Belfry can run it up the gut with these two it will break the Card's spirit as their linemen are their strong spot.

-TACKLING: Without a doubt this is the biggest factor for Belfry. SC will try to drive that wedge and it puts tackling at a premium because it's harder to get a good clean shot on the backs. One missed tackle results in an additional 3-30 yards.... SC just wnats to get 3-4 yards a pop, keep Belfry's offense off the field, and put posessions at a premium.

-FUMBLES: We fumble the way we did last night and it is game over in this one..PERIOD

Belfry is faster, Belfry is deeper, Belfry is more experienced, Belfry has homefield advantage, Belfry has more athletic talent, Belfry has more tradition, Belfry has a legendary head coach, Belfry is the two-time defending champs, and yet Belfry REALLY has me worried in this one for some reason!
"GUPETTO" Wrote:In my own view I believe that belfry has already peaked this season. SC has now started to peak deep in the playoffs.The first matchup this year was ugly.SC made a few mistakes which I believe cost them the game.Belfry is a very good team with a great coach.belfry will prepare for the cards like they do every team keeping focused and not underestimating anyone.After seeing both teams play I believe if they both played a perfect game that SC would win with ball control and size.Many people might be surprised I say that but its the truth.Belfry is not the team they were in the past winning back-to-back titles.I predict Sheldon Clark will win but in a close game.SC special teams need to work on containing the runner and if they can belfry will not get big plays on O.SC did not play friday in the first half.If they play a whole game against belfry the way they can noone will be second guessing sheldon clarks true abilities as a fantastic ball club.
I disagree with you by a long shot.... this is an extrememly young Belfry team who won't peak until next season. It also takes alot more than simply containing the runner to shut down Belfry's big play capability...it will require playing nearly flawless assignment football because ABelfry has a DECISIVE speed advantage. If both teams play flawless games Belfry wins by 3TD in my opinion... just way too talented... it's the goal of SC to make Belfry play with flaws..and they are capable of doing that.
Okay IM talking about this season.Yes they are young and they are faster but they have peaked this season with this ball club.they played better there 7-10 games then they are playing now in my opionion.This time there is much more confidence in sheldon clark. Anyone with confidence is a challenge.Belfry cannot run up the middle if the line of sheldon clark can prosecute correctly on their assignments.leslie had a hig octane offense which sheldon clark shutdown in the second half.Belfry does not have the offense that leslie had but belfry does have a better defense.Now in saying that I belief that the point of the game will soley remain on sheldon clarks ability in their line to provide a solid running attack which will win the game for sc.Last game a kickoff return destroyed sc momentum.belfry will not have any kickoff returns this game as I am sure coach Hager this week in practice will focus on special teams.belfrey does have big play potential.Therefore I believe if belfry has no big plays or just a few sc wins.
Belfry has not "Peaked" yet this season...How many Belfry games have you watched to make you think that ???? I say that both teams want this game bad, it will be a dogfight, But, if Belfry is on their game they will wear out a very good SC squad.

Belfry will not overlook anyone at all.....Haywood is a better Coach than that.
dogfight????? slobbernocker
you know in all those pirate movies where the pirate has the bird on his shoulder well the bird turned on the pirate and ate his eyes
I liked that...IT was pretty funny
"I was the greatest" Wrote:you know in all those pirate movies where the pirate has the bird on his shoulder well the bird turned on the pirate and ate his eyes

You didn't finish the story.......

With the pirate now wounded, but far from dead...he took out his trusty gun..shot once in the air at his prey...and after the smoke had cleared.. the wounded pirate still ate a cardinal for lunch.
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:You didn't finish the story.......

With the pirate now wounded, but far from dead...he took out his trusty gun..shot once in the air at his prey...and after the smoke had cleared.. the wounded pirate still ate a cardinal for lunch.

Some roasted Cardinal sounds good with some BBQ sauce and a side of Mashed Taters and cornbread....Smile Smile Smile :yum: :Hungry:
"BelfryPride" Wrote:Some roasted Cardinal sounds good with some BBQ sauce and a side of Mashed Taters and cornbread....Smile Smile Smile :yum: :Hungry:

UMMMM...taste like chicken!:Hungry:
Belfry will win this one by at least 21.