Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs Sheldon Clark Region 4 AA championship (predict)
The Belfry Pirates are on my upset alert for this coming Friday night ! Sheldon Clark will bring it with all they have. This is do or die time for the Cards !
This year ive been sick and had heart problems, and all I got to say to the cards is win or loose, if my health gets worse next year I want you all to know that you made me really proud of all you guys and its been a honor to got to go to all the games this year, and lets go to Belfry and play the way we know how with heart.
"blackcat_student" Wrote:The Belfry Pirates are on my upset alert for this coming Friday night ! Sheldon Clark will bring it with all they have. This is do or die time for the Cards !

its do or die time for everyone, the pirates know it, they will be ready. should be good old fashioned blood and guts football next week:thumb:
i think that belfry will win in a close one
I see a Belfry D stepping up this week. Belfry by 2 td's.
Well let me put my two cents worth in, from an outsider looking in at the game. To start with i know both teams have improved from the start of the year. Belfry is a great young team that makes a lot of unforced turnovers a lot like Lawrence co did this year. Sheldon Clark is also a young team, that also has unforced turnovers. The Belfry kids need to stick to what has gotten them here, and take care of the ball. But they are very vulnerable to a team that spreads them out and can do different things with there qb. Example Lawrence Co, did just that, and was only an inch from beating them. Sheldon Clark is vulnerable to the run and pass, but as of late has been stopping the run pretty good, but then teams are able to pass on them. IMO i think both teams will be throwing the ball alot more than they have all year if each team comes out and does what there suppose to do, stop the run. I look for Belfry to control the firt 1 1/2 then sheldon clark takes over, and it come down to the last drive of the game, and they try to kick a FG to win it. this is IMO>
im a card fan and a former player all the sheldon clark fans remember this is belfry they still have good players and still have the same coaching staff and they will exucute when the time comes but they will have to do that at the right time in this game or they will get upset the time to shine is now for both teams or u will be in basketball season next week... i hope SC wins and i will prey but belfry has more experience than the cards are this deep in the playoffs it will be a great game with belfry winning a close hard fought game 28-21 belfry... but i hope cards win..

i love this trash talkin belfry will be fired up and the cards will to lets go cards.. whoever wins i hope they win state
I think Belfry takes this one pretty easily and heads to Russell next week.
Belfry 28
Sheldon Clark 14 (one late TD)
"GUPETTO" Wrote:Okay IM talking about this season.Yes they are young and they are faster but they have peaked this season with this ball club.they played better there 7-10 games then they are playing now in my opionion.This time there is much more confidence in sheldon clark. Anyone with confidence is a challenge.Belfry cannot run up the middle if the line of sheldon clark can prosecute correctly on their assignments.leslie had a hig octane offense which sheldon clark shutdown in the second half.Belfry does not have the offense that leslie had but belfry does have a better defense.Now in saying that I belief that the point of the game will soley remain on sheldon clarks ability in their line to provide a solid running attack which will win the game for sc.Last game a kickoff return destroyed sc momentum.belfry will not have any kickoff returns this game as I am sure coach Hager this week in practice will focus on special teams.belfrey does have big play potential.Therefore I believe if belfry has no big plays or just a few sc wins.
Trust me when I say Belfry has far from peaked this season..... 3/4 of the team is improving every week and we still haven't mastered the art of atckling and aissgnments on defense which has slowly been improving as well.... at this point in time Belfry hasn't put together 4 quarters of their best football...if they happen to do it this week then this game will get ugly and fast.

Comparing Belfry's offense to Leslie's isn't like comparing apples to oranges, it's like comparing apples to pumpkins because they are totally different. It takes a completely different type of performance to shut down Belfry's offense as it does LC's... LC will spread you out and beat you with finesse, Belfry packs you in an beats you with fundamentals and power. I said it before and will say it again...if SC doesn't play perfect assignment football then it's goodnight sweetheart. Thus I agree wiht your big play assumption...if SC keeps Belfry from having big plays then it means Belfry is playing right into SC's tempo.

The special teams point you makes brings up an interesting dillemma...if SC has to focus so much on the kick return game then won't that hurt them in other aspects? Also, Maynard doesn't just kill you on kickoff returns it is punts as well... that's alot of practice time you lose for a team who will have three 1,000 yard rushers and a passing game that has improved exponentially since mid-season.
A question for everyone....

What is the biggest difference maker in this one, Sheldon Clark's confidence or Belfry's big game experience?
Belfry-28
SC-10
Cards will win by 7
I think it will be a :redboxer:. the cards have played great this year. i think the cards will come out this week at practice and focas more on there passing game and special teams. i think they have the hart to beat the pirats and win the reginal championship this year.

go cards....:wenumber1
Sheldon clark. i think they will come out and play there harts out if they cane play like they did in the last half of the leslie game then they will come out reginal camps...
Go Belfry!!
I say Cardinals in a very close game. Cardinals are on a great high because they were supposed to have been beating 2 games ago, they are playing with great heart. This will be a very hard fought game by both teams. The Cardinals have nothing to lose in this game they will play with everything they have got, Belfry on the other hand has everything to lose. We were not to have gotten out of the first round, Belfry on the other hand is supposed to be the 3peat. Go Cards....:wenumber1
I've got to believe that Belfry is on their way back to Louisville, but if those Pirate linebackers and d-backs don't wrap up and tackle those cardinal runners they'll be in for a long night.
"xsharpxshooterx67x" Wrote:I say Cardinals in a very close game. Cardinals are on a great high because they were supposed to have been beating 2 games ago, they are playing with great heart. This will be a very hard fought game by both teams. The Cardinals have nothing to lose in this game they will play with everything they have got, Belfry on the other hand has everything to lose. We were not to have gotten out of the first round, Belfry on the other hand is supposed to be the 3peat. Go Cards....:wenumber1

just for the record, nobody gave belfry a chance at even winning the district this year, remember this was the year the mighty were going to fall, well as you now know, haywood didnt let that happen........i have no doubt that the cardinals have heart, but dont think for a second that belfry thinks that sheldon clark will just lay down and give them what they want because they are belfry....sheldon clark has proved they are a good team by beating some quality teams to this point, but let me say one of them was in the middle of thier worse season in many years and the other was a finesse team that doesnt match up well with a physical defense, this will no doubt be a great game between two teams who BOTH have everything to lose, not just belfry.
Well put Mr.I !!! Belfry will not overlook anyone, If anyone from SC knows anything about Coach Haywood they are smart enough to know that he will have the team ready to play and focused on the task at hand.

Both teams have the heart and desire to win this game.....

Go Pirates !!!!
Sheldon clark suprises everyone and wins big...:omg: :wieghts:

sc-35
belfry-14
belfry by 10
I see four factors to Belfry winning this game:

1. DEFENSE: The pirates have to hit and hit hard. They have to stop a play at the point of impact ...NOT giving them 5 more yards by hanging onto their ankles. I'm sure that the Coaching staff will drill this all week at practice. Don't get me wrong, I know that their are a few that hit and tackle well, but it should be the entire team doing just that.

2. BALL CONTROL: We can't afford to let Sheldon Clark eat away at the clock. It's funny to say that because that is our game too. We have to give them 3 quick downs and then force them to punt (and to punt to Matt Maynard preferrably Cool ) We all know that Coach Hager is going to have his team key on Matt, but we have to show them that Corey and Dustin are just as dangerous (which I'm sure everyone knows by now)

3. NO MISTAKES: Absolutely, positively, no mistakes...Period!!! We cannot fumble the ball. We can't give them that opportunity to get the ball back by fumbling. We can't get any stupid penalty calls either. The pirates will have to be show discipline and keep level heads.

4. FANS: Get up...Get rowdy...Get loud...Get a regional championship!!!
I believe Belfry can and WILL win this game. There will be football after Thanksgiving for the Pirates.

Belfry 38
SC 21
Sorry cards...the big red machiene is to much for you friday!

Belfry- 35
Sheldon Clark-7
"i-dono" Wrote:Sorry cards...the big red machiene is to much for you friday!

Belfry- 35
Sheldon Clark-7

:wenumber1 :wenumber1 :wenumber1
Well if you play the number games then it will be Belfry..But if you played the numbers game with Sc win against Lc...All i know is it will be a good game...!!
Seems to me that Sheldon Clark is an awful confident squad for a team that got beat 38-12 a few weeks ago.:no:

Being in the Regional Finals is quite an accomplishment, but remember that the only people who felt Leslie Co. was a favorite to win the region were the folks from Leslie Co.

So take the win for what its worth. IMO, what it got SC is a trip to Pond Creek to get the smacketh layeth down on you.:wenumber1

All jokes aside, I think it will be a great ball game. I've just been wanting to us the layeth the smacketh down for a while now. And this little guy right here.......>>TongueirateSho
I do believe Belfry is the better team. But if they don't tackle better than what they have been, it could be a long night. Another thing that to me is disappointing is Belfry not turning the knife when they have the other teams down. IMO they have let up when they get comfortable and let some teams come back on them. I honestly look for Belfry to win by atleast 2 td's.
"HappyGilmore" Wrote:All jokes aside, I think it will be a great ball game. I've just been wanting to us the layeth the smacketh down for a while now. And this little guy right here.......>>TongueirateSho

Does it feel better now that you got it out of your system?
This will be a very good game. It will come down to who has the ball last.. Im goin with SC on this one..
SC-20
Belfry-18
Everyone remember this, this is the playoffs. these are teen age boys doing what they love to do, play football. It doesnt take whole lot to get excited for a game like this,so both teams will be ready to play believe this.

Sheldon Clark's momentiem vs. Belfrys experience is a wash!

This game boils down to execution, the team with the fewest mistakes, most big plays,and best fundamentals WINS, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!

Besides if any of these young men read this site, they will all be ready to go come friday night. Heck I havent played ball in 17 yr and ready to go.

Belfry 28
Sheldon Clark 18

ROLL BUCS! ROLL