Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glen Beck says we need a terrorist attack to save our country!
jetpilot Wrote:HALF of them LEAN...your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking...not to mention you can't even spell "independent"...
and your bogus numbers would mean there are almost 3 times as many democrats as republicans. There is no poll on earth that comes close to anything close to resembling anything in the same universe as that.

You are incredibly uniformed, and worse yet don't show any interest in learning...:flush:
Have fun, I will no longer respond to ignorance. Ignore will now become a useful feature.
If this country is so Republican, why do we have a Democrat president, democrat majority in a house and senate, and a majority of democrat governors. I do agree that President Obamas ratings are dropping and he is struggling trying to stop the recession. I do not agree with a lot of his policies including his issues with coal. With that said, former President Bush was one of the least intelligent presidents who has ever been elected. He allowed big business and corporations lead him over a cliff. If you study history basically a vast majority of recessions and depressions start during a Republican presidents term. We were in a depression when FDR became president. We were in a recession when Jimmy Carter became president(it just got worse). We were in recession when Bill Clinton became president(The best president since Ronald Reagan).
TheRealVille Wrote:Your opinion of what militarizing the border consist of isn't relevant. The national guard are armed.

They're armed?.....and they are not even there yet, as the artical below states: "However, the administration officials have communicated they won’t announce or begin any effort until the Mexican elections scheduled for next Sunday take place." and goes on to say "but they would not operate as law enforcement".

Obama administration could send additional National Guard to south border
June 30, 2009

The program, would call on National Guard volunteers from Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas, to perform surveillance, intelligence analysis, training and aviation support. The aid provided by Guard units would also consist in supplying ground troops to assist at border crossings and with land and air transportation, but they would not operate as law enforcement. The strategy could cost as much as $250 million.

The current counter-drug operation along the border, involves around 575 Guard members, but the increasing violence and sophistication of the drug cartels has called for additional efforts to secure the border and crackdown cash and arms traffic. However, the administration officials have communicated they won’t announce or begin any effort until the Mexican elections scheduled for next Sunday take place

BTW....It would be interesting to know what your definition of "Militarazion" is.
Old School Wrote:They're armed?.....and they are not even there yet, as the artical below states: "However, the administration officials have communicated they won’t announce or begin any effort until the Mexican elections scheduled for next Sunday take place." and goes on to say "but they would not operate as law enforcement".

Obama administration could send additional National Guard to south border
June 30, 2009

The program, would call on National Guard volunteers from Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas, to perform surveillance, intelligence analysis, training and aviation support. The aid provided by Guard units would also consist in supplying ground troops to assist at border crossings and with land and air transportation, but they would not operate as law enforcement. The strategy could cost as much as $250 million.

The current counter-drug operation along the border, involves around 575 Guard members, but the increasing violence and sophistication of the drug cartels has called for additional efforts to secure the border and crackdown cash and arms traffic. However, the administration officials have communicated they won’t announce or begin any effort until the Mexican elections scheduled for next Sunday take place

BTW....It would be interesting to know what your definition of "Militarazion" is.
Show me where they be armed when they get there.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:The guest said that the ONLY chance we had for the defense of America is another terrorist attack, that's pretty much asking for an attack.

If a terrorist attack where to occur, innocent people would be killed, that's how they operate.

The plan for sending troops to the border was requested by Texas Governor Rick Perry ®, who called for 1,000 additional troops to be sent to the border. Obama said he would release his own plan within a few months. Perry then went to fox and cried to Neil Cavuto.

Perry, who last month called on Washington to pay for 1,000 additional troops or federal agents on the border, called Obama's statement "a mistake."

"Washington has been an abject failure [in] defending our border," Perry told Fox News's Neil Cavuto. "I'm not going to sit back while the feds do not do their job."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009...roops.html

I guess this is why Fox felt they had to really start pounding this story.

The comments made during this interview was based on securing the U.S./Mexican border, then you take one sentence out of a 7 minute interview and turn it completely around, trying to make it sound like they want the U.S. attacked.

The border Govenor's including then Governor and now Homeland Security Secertary Janet Napolitano, Bill Richardson were asking for Bush to send in the National Guard troops since 2005 or 2006.

As far as Fox pounding the story....get real, the border was a hot topic on most news shows during the final term of the Bush admin. and seem to be continuing during Obama's tenure. CNN host Lou Dobbs has been reporting on this for years.
TheRealVille Wrote:Show me where they be armed when they get there.

What are you referrng too?????????
Old School Wrote:What are you referrng too?????????
You people say the nhational guard won't be armed when and if they get to the Mexican border to patrol, show me where that is true.
TheRealVille Wrote:You people say the nhational guard won't be armed when and if they get to the Mexican border to patrol, show me where that is true.

Let me suggest that you reread this entire thread, start with post no. 1 and read through the last post.
Old School Wrote:Let me suggest that you reread this entire thread, start with post no. 1 and read through the last post.
No.. you show me a link that says they won't be armed.
Old School Wrote:During this report (not sure of the date) Vice Adm. Roger Rufe (Ret.) said "Yesterday the President said we very much do not want to militarize our border".

If Obama were to send 1,500 National Guard volunteers that were armed, to the border. Wouldn't that be considered as militarizing the border? Secondly, if he were to send 1,500 volunteers do you really think they would be armed, when just a couple of years ago our court system sent 2 border patrol officers to prison for shooting a convicted drug runner trying to cross the border illegally.

I would consider this an important reason to secure our borders, this video shows an Al-Qaeda recruiter threatening that one of their fighters could carry about 4 pounds of anthrax through tunnels from Mexico into the U.S. and would kill at least 330,000 Americans.

The U.S. Govt also fully acquitted 4-5 U.S. soldiers of any wrongdoing after they stalked and killed a 15 year old American boy walking his dog and hunting for rabbits along the border. They were on patrol and armed.

So lets not try to play that card as an excuse.
DevilsWin Wrote:The U.S. Govt also fully acquitted 4-5 U.S. soldiers of any wrongdoing after they stalked and killed a 15 year old American boy walking his dog and hunting for rabbits along the border. They were on patrol and armed.

So lets not try to play that card as an excuse.

If I understand you comment correctly they were U.S. soildiers, members of our military so yes I would think that they were armed. Since your a former military man do you really think our Government would send 1,500 armed volunteers to such a dangerous place as the U.S./Mexican border?
TheRealVille Wrote:No.. you show me a link that says they won't be armed.

Check post #3
Old School Wrote:Check post #3
A link that proves they will be unarmed, not Beck's opinion.
Old School Wrote:If I understand you comment correctly they were U.S. soildiers, members of our military so yes I would think that they were armed. Since your a former military man do you really think our Government would send 1,500 armed volunteers to such a dangerous place as the U.S./Mexican border?

Why not? All I'm saying is there needs to be clear rules of engagement as well as the use of deadly force.

Because some in the U.S. military don't deserve to wear the uniform.
TheRealVille Wrote:A link that proves they will be unarmed, not Beck's opinion.

I took the information from Beck and PBO's statement the he did not want to militarize the border and the fact is that if you arm 1,500 troops and add them to what is already there then the border would be militarized. I just can't see where the government would supply weapons to volunteers.

If you're still not satisfied let me suggest that you contact Mr. Beck and ask him where his information came from, I'm sure he has many more sources than either you or I.