Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McDonald's debuts line of bigger burgers
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090...r+burgers+

NEW YORK — McDonald's Corp. will begin selling a new line of bigger burgers priced at about $4 each on Thursday to bring in customers looking for a beefy alternative to pricier burgers at sit-down restaurants.

The new Angus burgers are made with one-third pound of Angus beef and come in three varieties — a deluxe burger with pickles and tomatoes, a mushroom swiss burger and a bacon and cheese burger.

The burgers will be sold in all U.S. locations for the next few months. The fast-food chain declined to specify when or if the burgers would become a part of the company's core menu, which includes favorites like the Quarter Pounder with Cheese and the Big Mac.

McDonald's has been testing the burger for several years in more than 1,000 restaurants in Columbus, Ohio; New York; Los Angeles; and Alberquerque, N.M., but it held back from introducing it to all U.S. consumers to focus on its core menu and lower-priced offerings.

The company said in April that it would finally launch the Angus burger in all of its U.S. locations this year.

Despite the continuing recession, spokeswoman Danya Proud said the time is right to launch the "bigger, premium" burger nationwide.

"Customers are looking for great tasting burgers at a value that only McDonald's can offer," she said. "These premium burgers are a tremendous value compared to similar fast-casual and midscale offers."

Burgers at fast-casual competitors like Five Guys or at sit-down chains like Chili's Grill & Bar can cost as much as $8 or more.

McDonald's shares rose 73 cents to $58.22 in Wednesday trading.
Sorry McDonald's, but I'm not paying $4 for a burger when Subway is 30 feet away and I can get a $5 footlong spicy Italian.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Sorry McDonald's, but I'm not paying $4 for a burger when Subway is 30 feet away and I can get a $5 footlong spicy Italian.

:Thumbs:
'Bout time! I'm tired of those little patties.
I can buy two doubles for $1 and it is cheaper.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:I can buy two doubles for $1 and it is cheaper.

Double-Cheeseburger isn't $1 anymore. It's a $1.30 or something and the burger on the $1 menu now is called the McDouble.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Double-Cheeseburger isn't $1 anymore. It's a $1.30 or something and the burger on the $1 menu now is called the McDouble.

You just rained all over his parade.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You just rained all over his parade.

yea u got to pay 4 both pieces of cheese now
I have a family member who is working for McDonald's this summer and he told me this yesterday.

When he told me I thought, "didn't Hardee's used to have those exact burgers?"
I'm eating one right now and they are actually very good.
McDonalds can kill us in half the time now.
$1.30? .30 isn't that much more compared to $4.00 for a burger.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
TheRealVille Wrote:McDonalds can kill us in half the time now.

Everything in moderation.
cougarpride08 Wrote:$1.30? .30 isn't that much more compared to $4.00 for a burger.

Well I enjoy eating a burger that will fill me up. A double-cheeseburger wouldn't even fill a kitten up.
Great. Big burgers is exactly what McDonald's needed to do. Only in America.

Confusedalute:
Anyone else besides me hate McDonalds?
Real Badman Wrote:Anyone else besides me hate McDonalds?
:flush:
I prefer Burger King over McDonalds. The fries are way better and the Whopper blows the qrtr. pound away. Hardees cost an arm and a leg.
They have been here for I think two years now and I have had the mushroom one once and it was not worth the money.
bigjim4packers Wrote:I prefer Burger King over McDonalds. The fries are way better and the Whopper blows the qrtr. pound away. Hardees cost an arm and a leg.
I like McDonald's fries better, but I have to agree about the burgers. For me, I've never tasted a major fast food chain's fries that are better than McDonalds.
Thats a word that has no business in a conversation dealing with breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack Big Grin
Midee1 Wrote:Everything in moderation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Thats a word that has no business in a conversation dealing with breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack Big Grin

:biggrin::Thumbs:
TheRealVille Wrote:I like McDonald's fries better, but I have to agree about the burgers. For me, I've never tasted a major fast food chain's fries that are better than McDonalds.

:Thumbs: Very true