Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Predictions
Who will win it this year?
shelby valley hands down!
i dont know.. johnson central, east ridge, and lawrence county will be right there too
This thread should be who will Shelby Valley beat in the finals this year. :flame:
Shelby Valley is the hands down favorite to win. Anything can happen but predicting without the season even started, SV has it.
I don't think anyone can whole heatedly say Valley isn't the favorite.
OK...God knows that I love SV. BUT, with Tackett and Adams gone....and the no real inside presents for SV. To say hands down it is SV's is a little off. SV is def. the fav. but....if a team comes in with a inside game, IMO SV may have some trouble. I personally feel that this years Region just may be a little closer than some might think. Could be an interseting year in the 15th.....just my opinion.
Shelby Valley wins with ease, no doubt!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Shelby Valley wins with ease, no doubt!

:Thumbs:

Valley may have a little more trouble winning it this year than they did last year, but I just don't see how they will be beat. They could easily go undefeated in the region again this upcoming season.

Good luck to all 15th region teams!
They have one down low. They where good last year cause of Devan and Curby, but there gone, so I dont see any one to replace them.
warriors#55 Wrote:They have one down low. They where good last year cause of Devan and Curby, but there gone, so I dont see any one to replace them.

I'm pretty sure that Tyler Newsome led the region last season in rebounds per game at just over 6' foot. He and Taylor Newsome will be all that Shelby Valley needs down low to control any big man in the region, probably the mountains.

Realistically, not one team in the 15th could come within' 15 points of a healthy Shelby Valley team this upcoming season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm pretty sure that Tyler Newsome led the region last season in rebounds per game at just over 6' foot. He and Taylor Newsome will be all that Shelby Valley needs down low to control any big man in the region, probably the mountains.

Realistically, not one team in the 15th could come within' 15 points of a healthy Shelby Valley team this upcoming season.

should, barring injuries.
This one is a no brainer , unless there is huge upset Shelby Valley is far and away the best team in thsi region and its going to take a perfect game for a team in this region to knock them off.
warriors#55 Wrote:They have one down low. They where good last year cause of Devan and Curby, but there gone, so I dont see any one to replace them.

I disagree.

Don't get me wrong, Deven and Curby were good players for SV last year, but they were hardly the only reason SV was good. Ever heard of Elisha Justice? Or Ashley Hatfield, Taylor Newsome, and Tyler Newsome?

Even with the loss of some fine players from last year's team, SV still has more than enough talent to beat anyone within the region. The lack of size may give them problems against some of the bigger teams downstate, but that's another discussion for a different thread...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Valley may have a little more trouble winning it this year than they did last year, but I just don't see how they will be beat. They could easily go undefeated in the region again this upcoming season.

BlackcatAlum Wrote:Realistically, not one team in the 15th could come within' 15 points of a healthy Shelby Valley team this upcoming season.

Agreed. SV just has too much talent for the other teams in this area. Those schools will all have their chance in the 2010-11 season.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
20 dollars says sv dont go to state this year
Any pick other than Shelby Valley would be basketball blasphemy. It will be a little more competitive this year but that only means that Shelby Valley will only beat some teams 15 or 20 points.
warriors#55 Wrote:20 dollars says sv dont go to state this year

You should check with your friends at school. I'd say any of them would love to take that bet and make an easy 20 dollars. Big Grin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
warriors#55 Wrote:20 dollars says sv dont go to state this year

I'm a betting man. I'll be happy to take that one. :Thumbs:
warriors#55, How many 20's you got?
I agree with some on here. SV is the Favorite again this year. But, I think they will have to work a little harder. Yes, they do have a lot of GREAT talent back. But, to say that Bryant, Tackett and Adams won't be missed. Well, that is just ludacris. When you loose Logan's Defense, Devon's shot altering and Kurby's toughness inside....oh and depth of bench (with the loss of those 3 key players).....that is going to be a bigger impact than a lot of you think.
Ridge Runner Wrote:I agree with some on here. SV is the Favorite again this year. But, I think they will have to work a little harder. Yes, they do have a lot of GREAT talent back. But, to say that Bryant, Tackett and Adams won't be missed. Well, that is just ludacris. When you loose Logan's Defense, Devon's shot altering and Kurby's toughness inside....oh and depth of bench (with the loss of those 3 key players).....that is going to be a bigger impact than a lot of you think.

Yes but they still have one of the top players in the state, that does a lot playing against East KY teams.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Yes but they still have one of the top players in the state, that does a lot playing against East KY teams.

I'm not doubting that. I just feel it won't be as easy as some think.
It should be a very interesting year. Shelby Valley is the huge favorite as they return some great talent. It's way too early to count any team out. I feel that there will be some contenders that may give the Wildcats a little run for their money like Lawrence County did in the first half of the regional tournament last season. East Ridge had a nice game for a while against them at Shelby Valley during regular season in the 08-09. Maybe they will be able to hang a little tougher this season. Hopefully all teams will be injury free but if something did happen that could change the game entirely.
Lets face it Valley was good and still are good. How many teams in the 15th have beaten them in the last 2 years. Not many I am sure..
Ok so who will be runner up or even have a chance of upsetting SV?...IMO SV didn't really use there big men, in the 4 games I seen anyway... Devan and Curby was a good presence in the paint. Theres no doubt that the returning starters from last year are the bread and butter and will be this year too...:blabbermo
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
I think it will be alot more interesting this year but Valley still has to be the favorite even though they lost the big men there arent any other 15th region teams with any huge guys down low. And Just my opinion they may be more dangerous without the big men because i dont know of another team in the region that will be able to run the court with there guards. I look for alot of fast break points this year.
If Valley was in the 14th this would be a interesting bet!!!
^Valley would face more competition in the 14th but they would still be the odds on favorite going into the season.

But lets not get off-topic.
valley is a great team but anything can happen on any given night i just dont see them repeating this year