Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Upcoming Freshmen in the 14th Region
Who do you feel are the best incoming Freshmen in the 14th Region. Here is my list in no certain order.

Kelah Eldridge - Letcher Central
Vannah Breeding - Letcher Central
Whitney Back - Perry Central
Paige Slone - Cordia ?
Tie: Julie Cornett/Keisha Collins - both Letcher Central
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Who do you feel are the best incoming Freshmen in the 14th Region. Here is my list in no certain order.

Paige Slone - Cordia ?

List looks good, I'd say Slone is the best going into next season with Eldridge not far behind. I think Back could be something speical too, not as good as Slone yet IMO but could be down the road.
I feel like if Kelah Eldridge was allowed to take as many shots as Paige, she would average as many points a game. Letcher Central by design is trying to win ballgames not showcasing one player in losing efforts on most nights.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I feel like if Kelah Eldridge was allowed to take as many shots as Paige, she would average as many points a game. Letcher Central by design is trying to win ballgames not showcasing one player in losing efforts on most nights.

Slone would avg. that if she went to LCC, its not like shes just scoring because she is at Cordia. Cordia still plays LCC, KCC, Hazard just like Letcher does. No question shes the best incoming freshman.
She wouldn't average as many if she played at LCC, KCC, PCC, Breathitt County or Leslie County. She will not be allowed to run endline to endline taking every other shot. They do play those times and they lose to those teams on a consistent basis.
I for one hope shes stays at Cordia but I have no doubt she would get her double figures in a game if she was at LCC, KCC, or PCC. Cordia does lose to the schools on a consistent basis but its hard to beat a school when you have 50 girls in a school compared to 200-300.Those school attend to have more and better athletes.
I agree on both accounts this time. It is hard for Cordia to compete and I do think she could have averaged in double figures at other schools, I just don't believe she would averaged 19.4 ppg with the better teams in the region.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Who do you feel are the best incoming Freshmen in the 14th Region. Here is my list in no certain order.

Paige Slone - Cordia ?

For me Eldridge is the best that i have seen ,Slone is right in line with her.:Thumbs:
Paige Slone is the best incoming freshman in the 14th hands down.....
I take Kelah Eldridge any day.
Whitney Back can dog them all and SHE WILL SOON ENOUGH!
Paige Slkone is byfar the best upcoming freshman...no contest...she has a chance to get to 3000 points and she will only get that at Cordia and she will get college looks if she grows and gets stronger...no matter if she is at Cordia
Eldrige is no contest the best freshman.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
What about the King girl from knott central?
Which one?
Whitney Back is a WARRIOR! She is constantly working on her game. She will surpass Eldridge and Slone in the next couple years.
Who does she play for?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

She plays for Perry Central. She is a good player with lots of potential but she has yet to prove she is in Eldridge or Slone's class as of right now. That doesn't mean she can't be.
They have been down the last two or three years. They probably need a talented freshman to lead them back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Whitney Back played on a better team than Paige Slone did. Perry beat Cordia by about 30 I think. Whitney could probably score 30 a game if she shot as much as Slone. Whitney is a better pointguard than Slone. Whit runs the OFFENSE and plays great DEFENSE. Something Slone dont do. As for Whitney compared to Eldridge, well Eldridge is a roll player on a decent Letcher Central Team. Whitney could of ran the point for LCC just as good as Whitaker did. I have seen them all play and I would take Whitney Back over any of them.
warmachine Wrote:Whitney Back played on a better team than Paige Slone did. Perry beat Cordia by about 30 I think. Whitney could probably score 30 a game if she shot as much as Slone. Whitney is a better pointguard than Slone. Whit runs the OFFENSE and plays great DEFENSE. Something Slone dont do. As for Whitney compared to Eldridge, well Eldridge is a roll player on a decent Letcher Central Team. Whitney could of ran the point for LCC just as good as Whitaker did. I have seen them all play and I would take Whitney Back over any of them.

If Letcher Central is only a decent team it doesn't say much for Perry Central as LCC beat them 30 and 21 last year. That is with the benchwarmers playing in the fourth quarter. As far as Whitney Back, she is a good player but I'd take Eldridge.
What grade is the Rankin kid that plays for PCC?
8th I believe.
Whats good ole Dickies record against PCC lets say in the last 10 years??????? Dont matter if you beat PCC or not last year, you didnt go to State. PCC was down last year but the future is looking much brighter.
Maybe Randy Napier needs to retire while he is ahead. The times are a changing.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Paige Slkone is byfar the best upcoming freshman...no contest...she has a chance to get to 3000 points and she will only get that at Cordia and she will get college looks if she grows and gets stronger...no matter if she is at Cordia

How tall is Paige?

And I agree. Paige is the best upcoming freshman in the 14th Region.
warmachine Wrote:Whats good ole Dickies record against PCC lets say in the last 10 years??????? Dont matter if you beat PCC or not last year, you didnt go to State. PCC was down last year but the future is looking much brighter.
Dark to dim is brighter. Dickie will be catching Randy quickly if he stays around.
Kayla Stambaugh--Jenkins
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Which one?

Regan King. She has the potential to be a great player.
Paige Slone is by far the best upcoming freshman.