Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56th District 09/10
thoughts on who will win the 56th District in 09/10?? my opinion its up in the air and wide open
This is the most unpredictable district in the 14th region. Powell Co and Owsley Co are my picks right now but Estill Co seems to always find a way to get to the regional tournament.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:This is the most unpredictable district in the 14th region. Powell Co and Owsley Co are my picks right now but Estill Co seems to always find a way to get to the regional tournament.

Estill lost only 1 Senior but they lost 2 Key players that transferred to Magoffin County. but they do return there star pg in April Hall
Estill should have been the favorite, but after the Minix sisters transferred they will struggle. It should be between Owsley and Powell to win the district. Powell returns McFarland and Rogers, Owsley returns Turner and Wright.
as bad as i hate to say it, i dont see the Lady Engineers making it to the Region. i think the only way they do make it is if they get Lee in the 1st RD of the Districts.
Strikeout King Wrote:as bad as i hate to say it, i dont see the Lady Engineers making it to the Region. i think the only way they do make it is if they get Lee in the 1st RD of the Districts.

That will be difficult to do with the 56th seeding.
I heard Estill had a 8th grader playing up this year that is very physical and has some size. I think she is like 5'8 or 5'9 weighs like 195. She can also shoot the outside shot or take her person down low..... But thats what the word on the street is
I say Owsley for the win because of the transferring players out of Estill. Powell is down on talent unless they play their 8th graders.
coach40 Wrote:I heard Estill had a 8th grader playing up this year that is very physical and has some size. I think she is like 5'8 or 5'9 weighs like 195. She can also shoot the outside shot or take her person down low..... But thats what the word on the street is

Well we have played Estill Co before and like hammered them so if they have an 8th grader that is playing up we must of missed it or she is a newcomer...there wasn't a player that really stood out to me except for the one that was trying to hurt everybody by playing like a bulldozer instead of the way the game is suppose to be played...
yep that would be her she is just a physical player.... Don't go around em go through em... I guess that is her football exp. Coming out
coach40 Wrote:yep that would be her she is just a physical player.... Don't go around em go through em... I guess that is her football exp. Coming out
I have seen this player myself and I wouldn't call her a physical player I would call her a "hitman". She will hurt anyone that gets in her way and that isn't the way you play basketball. Football you can play that way so she needs to stick with football.
PC Hoops Wrote:I say Owsley for the win because of the transferring players out of Estill. Powell is down on talent unless they play their 8th graders.
Oh yeah this should be the year the 8th graders will be coming out in the high school games. These 8th graders can sure pep up a crowd and get the crowd excited because you never know what you will see from them.
Surely Jones will play them this year, surely. But he will have to let them play their game.
Lucky7 Wrote:Estill should have been the favorite, but after the Minix sisters transferred they will struggle. It should be between Owsley and Powell to win the district. Powell returns McFarland and Rogers, Owsley returns Turner and Wright.
The Minix sisters transferring really hurt Estill. I will have to predict Owsley winning with Turner and Wright returning.
She is getting prepared for the 56th and the 14th. She just takes the ball to the basket with authority isn't that what you teach your kids is go hard. Anyways I like to watch her play... And by the way if she was wearing your school colors you would to!
coach40 Wrote:She is getting prepared for the 56th and the 14th. She just takes the ball to the basket with authority isn't that what you teach your kids is go hard. Anyways I like to watch her play... And by the way if she was wearing your school colors you would to!
I don't want to argue on here but a lot of kids are preparing for the 56th and 14th. That doesn't mean to hurt anyone that gets in your way. She wouldn't be wearing my school colors because I wouldn't allow actions like hers. She has hurt people and that is all that I have to say about her.
For U Wrote:I don't want to argue on here but a lot of kids are preparing for the 56th and 14th. That doesn't mean to hurt anyone that gets in your way. She wouldn't be wearing my school colors because I wouldn't allow actions like hers. She has hurt people and that is all that I have to say about her.

I have to agree with you on this....
Can any of these teams play with Breathitt or Letcher.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Can any of these teams play with Breathitt or Letcher.

Nope
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Can any of these teams play with Breathitt or Letcher.

Probably not, but the rest of the 14th will be competitive with each other. However, depending on the draw come tournament time, you never know. Breathitt and LCC will be the hands on favorite but there are some teams and coaches that you CAN'T rule out!
tonron20 Wrote:I have to agree with you on this....

I agree too..Every kid is preparing but I guess some prepare theirs a little different then others...
Come on! Where is the love for Lee County!!.................................Thats a joke! The last time the lee county girls team was good enough to make some noise in the district and region was when i was in elementary school.
I would pick Powell Co. If your going against Owsley why not run a triangle and 2 and try to deny Wright and Turner the ball and make the other 3 beat you. I seen in the CP that these two averaged 39ppg and 18rpg together. A good coach could stop that.
KoJack Wrote:I would pick Powell Co. If your going against Owsley why not run a triangle and 2 and try to deny Wright and Turner the ball and make the other 3 beat you. I seen in the CP that these two averaged 39ppg and 18rpg together. A good coach could stop that.
That is the point "A Good Coach Could Stop That". So therefore I take Owsley over Powell. Enough said.
I would have to pick OWSLEY TO WIN!!!!!You never know what you will see out of WRIGHT AND TURNER!!!!!LET'S GO LADY OWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCC5aDB0csA"]YouTube - Why was a foul not called???[/ame]
The girl wasn't even paying attention.. To me it was a good hard box out. you put the butt in the gut. Its better to box out then get boxed out
:Thumbs:
No foul there! Just a big girl, good box out, and another girl not paying attention.
On top of being a foul it was a lane violation!!
Yeah I will give you that call. But I sense some jealously.. Why are you harassing this CHILD so badly?
Not trying to harass the girl at all. Just was reading the post on here referring to this girl and what some was calling a "bulldozer" style of play, and I knew a friend who had a tape of a game against Estill and was talking about a girl with the same play approach and what she felt was a hard foul by this girl. I have alot of good things about this girls play, but in my opinion only the referee missed one if not two calls on the play. I wish this girl and all gilrs luck this year as they begin their high scholl careers from playing middle school. Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to single anyone out as that was not my intent.