• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region 2009/10
who comes out of the 16th in 09/10? Elliott County?
It is a tossup between Elliott County and East Carter in my opinion.

The only thing close to Elliott County last year in the 16th Region was East Carter. EC didn't lose much from last year's squad and should be right there at the top with the Lions this year. The return and improvement of Timmy Knipp should greatly benefit this year's Elliott County squad. His experience in last season's sweet sixteen should make him a much better player the next two years.

Teams like West Carter, Ashland, Fairview, and Rose Hill will make some noise this season as well.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:It is a tossup between Elliott County and East Carter in my opinion.

The only thing close to Elliott County last year in the 16th Region was East Carter. EC didn't lose much from last year's squad and should be right there at the top with the Lions this year. The return and improvement of Timmy Knipp should greatly benefit this year's Elliott County squad. His experience in last season's sweet sixteen should make him a much better player the next two years.

Teams like West Carter, Ashland, Fairview, and Rose Hill will make some noise this season as well.

did Elliott lose the Faulkner twins?
Strikeout King Wrote:did Elliott lose the Faulkner twins?

Yes, along with Jonathan Ferguson who averaged over 24 points per game last season.
Should be a pretty competitive region next season although I do expect Elliott County to be the pre-season favorites.

Like OD43 said, East Carter, West Carter, Ashland, and Rose Hill we all have chances to represent the 16th at Rupp come next season.
Who does Elliott County have other than Knipp that will keep them at the top of the region.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Yes, along with Jonathan Ferguson who averaged over 24 points per game last season.

Thanks for the info ODM43
I like Ashland, Elliott, West Cater and Fairview.
I like Fairview, East Carter and Rose Hill. Ellilot lost too much in my opinion to compete with these schools this year. I think that if the Lions would have subbed more in their blowouts it would have helped prepare this years players much more. Yes, they did get to practice against the starters last year but practice is totally different than game situations and Knipp will have to carry all the load without the Faulkners and Ferguson this year. Just my opinion, nothing more.
this has to be the most wide open region in the state i really cant predict a winner ashland rose hill fairview elliot and will be good but i give the slight edge to east carter but the edge is extremely slight
you guys can't sit there and count out Lewis County, they are returning key players from last year, imo, the 16th is wide open.
Rose Hill might have the talent but not the coaching experince to get them where the need to be imo.
Ashland
Ashland
East had the best team until Terry transfered to Fairview. Now you have got to give them the nod as the favorite with East a close second. And don't go to sleep on Lewis county.
What does Ashland have coming back this year, I know the Whetsel (sp?) is back, who else and what grade are they in. Do many of the players have varsity experience.
yea i agree dont sleep on LC, they return Terrence Smith one of thew top guards in the region, koty riley who was one of the top 5 big men in the region as a sophomore last year, but the loss of chris thompson will hurt them...
It's wide open for just about anyone to win.
i look for E.Carter, W.Carter, Lewis Co., Greenup Co., Fairview, Ashland, Fleming Co., and Rowan Co. to be in the 2010 16th region tournament.
Fairview has got to be the region favorite.
LClion4life Wrote:i look for E.Carter, W.Carter, Lewis Co., Greenup Co., Fairview, Ashland, Fleming Co., and Rowan Co. to be in the 2010 16th region tournament.
Not so fast I think Russell will take Greenup County's spot in the regional tournament I mean Russell was awful last year(5-24) and still beat out Greenup in the district. Everyone is back for Russell except two seniors from last year Andrew Hogg, Ross May and those wasn't even our best players.
East Carter should win the region fairly easily..
Fairview is going to be solid. I think they have to be the favorite in the 16th region.
Hard to win any Region without solid guard play.
Fairview is the team to beat
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Not so fast I think Russell will take Greenup County's spot in the regional tournament I mean Russell was awful last year(5-24) and still beat out Greenup in the district. Everyone is back for Russell except two seniors from last year Andrew Hogg, Ross May and those wasn't even our best players.

Russell also gets back thier problem, Kidwell.
dejavu Wrote:Hard to win any Region without solid guard play.
Fairview is the team to beat

I agree, Fairview lookin good this, just hope the younger Cooksey can keep it together.
4real Wrote:Russell also gets back thier problem, Kidwell.
I respectfully disagree.
Steve Dodds last year they only won 3 with the same players basically just a year younger.
Russell will be very competitive next year. I'm not going to say they are going to win the region, but you had better be ready to play when they come to town.
  • 1(current)
  • Next