Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County Middle School Girls BBall
Its about time for the middle school basketball season to start. Do you think the now 8th graders can pull off their 3rd undefeated regular season? Lets see what you all think.
These girls are awesome to watch. They have played together for years and now it is hard to believe that they are going to be 8th graders. Whats your opinion?
they are good
Where can you find middle school basketball tournaments?
Well they just got back from Transy camp and had a record of 7-1 and beat Crosby twice which was the middle school state runner ups this year. I am like you they are awesome to watch and I can't wait to see if they have one more undefeated season.
tonron20 Wrote:Well they just got back from Transy camp and had a record of 7-1 and beat Crosby twice which was the middle school state runner ups this year. I am like you they are awesome to watch and I can't wait to see if they have one more undefeated season.
That is impressive. They are a very fun team to watch as I have watched them for a long time now.
Hope to see good things happen to a team like this one in the high school years.
Good luck 8th graders!
Congratulations to the girls as they won their games at Transy Camp. Saw it in the newspaper. Go Lady Pirates and lets go for another undefeated season 8th graders!
tonron20 Wrote:Well they just got back from Transy camp and had a record of 7-1 and beat Crosby twice which was the middle school state runner ups this year. I am like you they are awesome to watch and I can't wait to see if they have one more undefeated season.

The Corbin coach was very impressed with Powell Co. at this camp. Corbin went undefeated with their only real competition coming from Powell Co. Good luck to the team this year in their quest for an undefeated season.
Maybe the 8th grade team could meet the Corbin team again in a tournament or something. Any ideas from anyone?
I look for these girls to make alot of noise through out the state if they cont. to play together for the next 5 yrs
coach40 Wrote:i look for these girls to make alot of noise through out the state if they cont. To play together for the next 5 yrs

sheldon clark high school is hosting its annual pride of the mountains tournament on sept 12 /13...

We would like to invite powell co to come and play in it.. Come and play some good competition ....we hear so much about you

if interested leave message at this reply or sent pm to me....

Thanks for your time

also martin county is having a hoopfest on aug 29 for anyone interested in playing .. 2 games guaranteed...

Just leave pm
Former uk lady cat center sara elliott is coaching martin county middle school now...
oldfoggie13 Wrote:Former uk lady cat center sara elliott is coaching martin county middle school now...

the old coach is still there too,,, lol will probably be there till they run her off lol
oldfoggie13 Wrote:sheldon clark high school is hosting its annual pride of the mountains tournament on sept 12 /13...

We would like to invite powell co to come and play in it.. Come and play some good competition ....we hear so much about you

if interested leave message at this reply or sent pm to me....

Thanks for your time

also martin county is having a hoopfest on aug 29 for anyone interested in playing .. 2 games guaranteed...

Just leave pm
Just curious but has anyone from Powell contacted you yet about playing in the Pride of the Mountains tournament?
someone wanted my email today .. not sure who it was,,

we would love to have powell in the pride ..
Well Powell started their season last night by traveling to Hazard and came home with a 49-21 win...It was an awesome game and these girls are definately better then they was last year. We are in for yet another exciting season.....
tonron20 Wrote:Well Powell started their season last night by traveling to Hazard and came home with a 49-21 win...It was an awesome game and these girls are definately better then they was last year. We are in for yet another exciting season.....
This is great start for the Lady Pirates. Can anyone please post a schedule for this team?
Beat Lee Co 64-17 and Clark Middle 55-25...Thursday will be the best game they play McNabb and for some reason they are out to get us...By the way here is there schedule:

Sept
3 McNabb Home
8 Caudill Away
11 Menifee Away
12 Hazard & Menifee Home 7/8 grade plays at 1 & 2
14 Bourbon Home
15 Conkwright Away
17 Madison Middle Away
22 Clark Moores Home
24 Estill Home
25/26 Lady Pirate Classic TBA 8th grade only
29 Clark Middle Away

October
1 McNabb Away
5 Caudill Home
8 Bourbon Away
9/10 Lady Indians Classic (Montgomery) 8th grade only
13 Conkwright Home
15 Madison Middle Home 8th grade night
20 Clark Moores Away
22 Estill Away
26-30 Bluegrass Middle School Conference Tournament

November
13-15 KBA Girls Middle School State Tournament
27-28 Finals at Rupp Arena
Thanks for the schedule. I do have one question and that is where is Caudill? I haven't heard of that school before and please I hope no one takes that the wrong way.
Good luck Lady Pirates. Keep up the good work.
It's the new Middle School in Madison County