11/12 State Softball Tournament
South London 9
Valley Sports 2

Championship Game

South London 5
Ashland 1
Congrats South London!

Good Luck at Regionals!
Very good team in South London will represent Kentucky well at Regionals. Good pitching and no weakspots on defense. and a stellar 3rd baseman. Ashland had a good run with a great pitching performance by Vanover in the SEMI,s to beat the only undefeated team in pool play. Ashland never seemed to get the bats going throughout the tournament with only a few girls getting 2 hits for the whole tournament. Mckenzie Vanover had the most hits followed by Megan Hensley, Hannah Baer, Carley Conley, & Madison Humphrey. South London was the best Team that day, but Ashland is very Young with only 3 12 year olds on the team. So things look very promising for them. GOOD LUCK SOUTH LONDON
What was the girls pitching record for the state tournament for Ashland?
Megan Hensley 1-3
McKenzie Vanover 2-0
I'm not taking anything away from the Hensley girl, but how does Vanover girl get only two starts? I have seen Vanover throw varstiy for Rose Hill. For her age she is a great pitcher. This is only my opinion but she would have been my ace.
South London schedule in Central Region

7/31 OHIO

8/1 MINNESOTA

8/2 WISCONSIN

8/3 KANSAS
Ohio 5
Kentucky 0

Kentucky vs. Minnesota at 8:00 tonight
Kentucky 16
Minnesota 5

Kentucky 1-1 in pool play

Kentucky vs. Wisconsin Sunday at 4:00
Kentucky 6
Wisconsin 0

Kentucky qualifies for tournament that begins Tuesday.

Kentucky vs. Kansas Monday for Pool Championship
Kentucky 5
Kansas 1

Kentucky wins their pool and play Illinois in Tournament Tuesday at 6:00
Great showing so far by South London. Seen a game at Ceredo-Kenova in WV between Tennessee and WV in front of a record 1942 fans Tenn came back to win in the 6th 4-3 Championship today between Florida & Georgia
South London All Stars.... 2009 State Champions!! Way to go girls!! We are so proud of you!