Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama calls his words ill-chosen
http://www.kentucky.com/216/story/873585.html

WASHINGTON — Knocked off stride by a racial uproar he helped stoke, President Barack Obama hastened Friday to tamp down the controversy. Obama, who had said Cambridge, Mass., police "acted stupidly" in arresting black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr., declared the white arresting officer was a good man and invited him and the professor to the White House for a beer.

Obama conceded his words had been ill-chosen, but he stopped short of a public apology. He personally telephoned both Gates and Sgt. James Crowley, hoping to end the rancorous back-and-forth over what had transpired and what Obama had said about it. Trying to lighten the situation, he even commiserated with Crowley about reporters on his lawn.

Hours earlier, a multiracial group of police officers had stood with Crowley in Massachusetts and said the president should apologize.
This is part of Obama's quote:

"This has been ratcheting up, and I obviously helped to contribute ratcheting it up," Obama said of the racial controversy. "I want to make clear that in my choice of words, I think I unfortunately gave an impression that I was maligning the Cambridge Police Department and Sergeant Crowley specifically. And I could've calibrated those words differently."

Gave a impression? Give me a break, he flat out said that the Cambridge, Mass., police "acted stupidly".
Compared to Obama, George W. Bush is Aristotle. I get more and more disgusted with the leader of our country as the days pass. Absolutely hopeless. Clueless. And theres nothing we can do about it but suffer for three and a half more friggin years. Obama is the dumbest politician that has ever walked in Washington. Dumber than Lyndon Johnson, and thats pretty **** dumb. You have to go out of your way to be LBJ dumb.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Compared to Obama, George W. Bush is Aristotle. I get more and more disgusted with the leader of our country as the days pass. Absolutely hopeless. Clueless. And theres nothing we can do about it but suffer for three and a half more friggin years. Obama is the dumbest politician that has ever walked in Washington. Dumber than Lyndon Johnson, and thats pretty **** dumb. You have to go out of your way to be LBJ dumb.

I love it :worthy:
[quote=Old School]This is part of Obama's quote:

"This has been ratcheting up, and I obviously helped to contribute ratcheting it up," Obama said of the racial controversy. "I want to make clear that in my choice of words, I think I unfortunately gave an impression that I was maligning the Cambridge Police Department and Sergeant Crowley specifically. And I could've calibrated those words differently."

Gave a impression? Give me a break, he flat out said that the Cambridge, Mass., police "acted stupidly".[/QUOTE]

They did. The republican responses here are predictable, whether Obama was in the wrong or not, even if he admits guilt. I for one think is was a racial act, but most Kentucky boys wouldn't think so. Tidehoss, you are the most predictable of all.
TheRealVille Wrote:[quote=Old School]This is part of Obama's quote:

Gave a impression? Give me a break, he flat out said that the Cambridge, Mass., police "acted stupidly".[/QUOTE]

They did. The republican responses here are predictable, whether Obama was in the wrong or not, even if he admits guilt.

lol, how funny that it's the archtypical response from a Republican, hmm, the Dem's don't act that way do they?????Confusedhh:

:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:[quote=TheRealVille]

lol, how funny that it's the archtypical response from a Republican, hmm, the Dem's don't act that way do they?????Confusedhh:

:biggrin:
Did they or did they not act racial, after he provided proof that it was his house? I would at least expect more out of you SD, since you live in the Cinci area.
TheRealVille Wrote:[quote=Stardust]Did they or did they not act racial, after he provided proof that it was his house? I would at least expect more out of you SD, since you live in the Cinci area.

Hunh, what's living in the Cincy area got to do with it! I am sure there are sides that are being reported and sides that are not. Speaking of the Cincy area, trust me, I have friends in law enforcement, and I recognize how easy it is to plead that you have been wronged by the po-po. It's an easy case to bring up. Police are WAY too cautious just because of this crap. Mind you, it was a mixed race police force that stood by the police officers in question. Easily, they could have said nothing, or did NO demonstrating.
No genius, they were following POLICY. But I wouldnt expect you to know anything about that. My father, a cop of 32 years and my brother, a KSP trooper of 17 years were absolutely blown away by the disrespect shown by your president. It was only a matter of time before the race card hit the fan. Im not racist, but heres a news flash, in case you missed it the first time, those horrible cops were following POLICY. Black or white, they would have done the same thing. Predictable? Me? Im sure I am, considering I am looking at how he has absolutely obliterated any hope our country has in six months. Its blind democrats like you that will side with him, JUST BECAUSE HE'S NOT A REPUBLICAN. Which is exactly why you voted for him in the first place. Open your eyes man.
TheRealVille Wrote:[quote=Stardust]Did they or did they not act racial, after he provided proof that it was his house? I would at least expect more out of you SD, since you live in the Cinci area.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No genius, they were following POLICY. But I wouldnt expect you to know anything about that. My father, a cop of 32 years and my brother, a KSP trooper of 17 years were absolutely blown away by the disrespect shown by your president. Those horrible cops were following POLICY. Black or white, they would have done the same thing. Predictable? Me? Im sure I am, considering I am looking at how he has absolutely obliterated any hope our country has in six months. Its blind democrats like you that will side with him, JUST BECAUSE HE'S NOT A REPUBLICAN. Which is exactly why you voted for him in the first place. Open your eyes man.

He provided proof that he was in his house, they were in the wrong after that. How would you like for the cops to arrest you for breaking into your house after you proved it was yours, genius?
Stardust Wrote:Hunh, what's living in the Cincy area got to do with it! I am sure there are sides that are being reported and sides that are not. Speaking of the Cincy area, trust me, I have friends in law enforcement, and I recognize how easy it is to plead that you have been wronged by the po-po. It's an easy case to bring up. Police are WAY too cautious just because of this crap. Mind you, it was a mixed race police force that stood by the police officers in question. Easily, they could have said nothing, or did NO demonstrating.

Like I said, he provided ID and proof that it was his house, they were in the wrong after that. If he had been white, make no mistake, he wouldn't have been arrested after he explained that he locked himself out.
By the way, I would much rather be predictable and voice my opinion on whats going on, than to close my eyes and make believe he is doing everything for the good of the country. Have you taken a look around this area? I bet you havent spoken to anybody out of work thats been affected by his policies have you? Turn your head and close your eyes and say to yourself "He's doing a good job. He's doing a good job". You, like most democrats, are the most predictable people in this country. And thank God not everybody thinks like you do.
TheRealVille Wrote:[quote=Old School]This is part of Obama's quote:

They did. The republican responses here are predictable, whether Obama was in the wrong or not, even if he admits guilt. I for one think is was a racial act, but most Kentucky boys wouldn't think so. Tidehoss, you are the most predictable of all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:By the way, I would much rather be predictable and voice my opinion on whats going on, than to close my eyes and make believe he is doing everything for the good of the country. Have you taken a look around this area? I bet you havent spoken to anybody out of work thats been affected by his policies have you? Turn your head and close your eyes and say to yourself "He's doing a good job. He's doing a good job". You, like most democrats, are the most predictable people in this country. And thank God not everybody thinks like you do.
What policies has he made that has put people out of work in this area?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No genius, they were following POLICY. But I wouldnt expect you to know anything about that. My father, a cop of 32 years and my brother, a KSP trooper of 17 years were absolutely blown away by the disrespect shown by your president. It was only a matter of time before the race card hit the fan. Im not racist, but heres a news flash, in case you missed it the first time, those horrible cops were following POLICY. Black or white, they would have done the same thing. Predictable? Me? Im sure I am, considering I am looking at how he has absolutely obliterated any hope our country has in six months. Its blind democrats like you that will side with him, JUST BECAUSE HE'S NOT A REPUBLICAN. Which is exactly why you voted for him in the first place. Open your eyes man.
Republicans like you, no doubt. Typical cop brotherhood also.
He hadnt shown his ID because he said it was in the house. Thats why they followed him in the house. They cant just take his word for it.
TheRealVille Wrote:He provided proof that he was in his house, they were in the wrong after that. How would you like for the cops to arrest you for breaking into your house after you proved it was yours, genius?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lol...Yeah. Dont you have a child molester to save?
TheRealVille Wrote:Republicans like you, no doubt. Typical cop brotherhood also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:He hadnt shown his ID because he said it was in the house. Thats why they followed him in the house. They cant just take his word for it.

The news article said he was arrested after he had shown ID and proof.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol...Yeah. Dont you have a child molester to save?
I guess you don't realize my wife is a socail worker?
TheRealVille Wrote:Like I said, he provided ID and proof that it was his house, they were in the wrong after that. If he had been white, make no mistake, he wouldn't have been arrested after he explained that he locked himself out.

You're coming off VERY ignorant.

He didn't get arrested for "breaking into his own house". He got arrested for being disorderly. Making a scene, yelling obscenities, calling the man racist, crying foul boohoo, and then failing to quiet down and chill out after told to do so is in fact "disorderly conduct". He was arrested for that. And rightfully so. And Obama's words were disrespectful to police all over the US who already have to walk on egg shells because people pull the race card every five seconds, cause they refuse to take personal responsibility.

On top of it all, Obama needs to worry less about his obnoxious buddy getting arrested, and more about his job at hand, which he is failing miserably at.
TheRealVille Wrote:What policies has he made that has put people out of work in this area?
Huh? Name one policy.
No, I dont recall ever asking you what your wife done. Still, shouldnt you be holding a sign outside of a courthouse begging to save the life of a child molester, or a cold hearted killer? You are super dem, ya know.
TheRealVille Wrote:I guess you don't realize my wife is a socail worker?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OinkOink Wrote:You're coming off VERY ignorant.

He didn't get arrested for "breaking into his own house". He got arrested for being disorderly. Making a scene, yelling obscenities, calling the man racist, crying foul boohoo, and then failing to quiet down and chill out after told to do so is in fact "disorderly conduct". He was arrested for that. And rightfully so. And Obama's words were disrespectful to police all over the US who already have to walk on egg shells because people pull the race card every five seconds, cause they refuse to take personal responsibility.

On top of it all, Obama needs to worry less about his obnoxious buddy getting arrested, and more about his job at hand, which he is failing miserably at.
After he proved that it was his house, they should have left, even a republican can understand that.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No, I dont recall ever asking you what your wife done. Still, shouldnt you be holding a sign outside of a courthouse begging to save the life of a child molester, or a cold hearted killer? You are super dem, ya know.
Red Herring, I guess you can't name a policy that he has enacted that has caused layoffs in this area?
TheRealVille Wrote:After he proved that it was his house, they should have left, even a republican can understand that.

After he proved who he was, he should have thanked the officer for showing up to ensure his house wasn't indeed being forced into, and they both should have said good evening, tata see ya later. But that didn't happen. Because the man went absolutely crazy. He was the very definition of disorderly conduct and was very deserving of his arrest. Even a super dem should appreciate that. But on the same token, I'd imagine you voted for Obama and had the blinders on in that instance as well.

I respect your sensitivity to the issue, but i really think you need to know what your argument is and see if there is anything to support it before you cry foul.
OinkOink Wrote:After he proved who he was, he should have thanked the officer for showing up to ensure his house wasn't indeed being forced into, and they both should have said good evening, tata see ya later. But that didn't happen. Because the man went absolutely crazy. He was the very definition of disorderly conduct and was very deserving of his arrest. Even a super dem should appreciate that. But on the same token, I'd imagine you voted for Obama and had the blinders on in that instance as well.

I respect your sensitivity to the issue, but i really think you need to know what your argument is and see if there is anything to support it before you cry foul.
After you had proved your identity and proof that you were in the house you owned, would you allow the police to stay? He proved it was his house, they were disorderly for staying after that.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Have you taken a look around this area? I bet you havent spoken to anybody out of work thats been affected by his policies have you?
Name the policies, or concede.
TheRealVille Wrote:After you had proved your identity and proof that you were in the house you owned, would you allow the police to stay?

He followed the police outside and made a scene. Again, and I will not falter on this, he was in the wrong undoubtedly and deserved what he got. He needs to take personal responsibilty, but it is unfortunate that he does not seem to be the type of person to do so. It is, and always will be, someone elses fault to him.
TheRealVille Wrote:The news article said he was arrested after he had shown ID and proof.

Stop reading the NEWS articles.... They are skewed to the left and very unhealthy for your eyes and your brain....:HitWall:
OinkOink Wrote:He followed the police outside and made a scene. Again, and I will not falter on this, he was in the wrong undoubtedly and deserved what he got. He needs to take personal responsibilty, but it is unfortunate that he does not seem to be the type of person to do so. It is, and always will be, someone elses fault to him.

Pretty good post :Thumbs:
Okay for starters, how about the stimulus package? The coal industry has been pretty much slammed because of it, and what will become of it.
TheRealVille Wrote:Huh? Name one policy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]