Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Basketball releases three Walk-ons
kybaseball Wrote:It would be nice if some on this thread could do the same.:biggrin:

Just because Perry isn't ripping Coach Cal publicly, doesn't make what happened any less wrong.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Just because Perry isn't ripping Coach Cal publicly, doesn't make what happened any less wrong.

It isnt wrong in anyway
I was not trying to say that I disagree with letting walk-ons that are not needed, go. I am not happy and I am not saddened that he dismissed any, it's a pretty neutral feeling completely. My point was that they were not any less deserving and we shouldn't be degrading them because they were asked to leave. I don't think that having extra bodies that could be used in practice or players that were not using valuable scholarships that we needed were hurting anything and those who wanted to stay on as a walk-on should have had the chance to do so. Seniors especially were not hurting anything at all by staying and if we had free scholarships then they should have been offered to them for their remaining season.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It isnt wrong in anyway

I also don't think so, we got a winning coach and now we're complaining, we used to complain about Gilispie sticking kids in the bathroom stall, now we're worried about small things as which walk-ons get cut. Good to be a Wildcat fan, along with a Duke fan, I wish the two would play.
My point wasn't if it was right or wrong,it was that he has moved on why can't other people? He may be bummed a little that would be understandable one thing about it though he got to spend 3 years on the team. How many of us on here or every kid that is a UK fan wouldn't be happy with just 1 year on the team? See what i'm saying here?
PC_You_Know Wrote:I also don't think so, we got a winning coach and now we're complaining, we used to complain about Gilispie sticking kids in the bathroom stall, now we're worried about small things as which walk-ons get cut. Good to be a Wildcat fan, along with a Duke fan, I wish the two would play.

So, no fans at UMass or Memphis ever complained about anything that Coach Cal ever did? Not even the TRUE fans ever complained???????? Is that what you are saying??????????
Stardust Wrote:So, no fans at UMass or Memphis ever complained about anything that Coach Cal ever did? Not even the TRUE fans ever complained???????? Is that what you are saying??????????

Definitely not saying that, I'm saying it's a little ridiculous for UK fans to be acting like spoiled kids who get everything they want when we just got over a few horrible years with coach Gilispie.
kybaseball Wrote:My point wasn't if it was right or wrong,it was that he has moved on why can't other people? He may be bummed a little that would be understandable one thing about it though he got to spend 3 years on the team. How many of us on here or every kid that is a UK fan wouldn't be happy with just 1 year on the team? See what i'm saying here?

:Thumbs:
thetribe Wrote:I don't think that having extra bodies that could be used in practice or players that were not using valuable scholarships that we needed were hurting anything and those who wanted to stay on as a walk-on should have had the chance to do so.

This was my point exactly. Keeping them on the team was not going to hurt anything, so why not? Since they're not on scholarship, there's no real benefit to kicking them off the team.

I do agree with the opposing argument that other than maybe being used as practice fodder, there's not much benefit either. But if they're already on the team anyway, why not just let them stay?

Think about a kid like Dwight Perry, a would-be senior. What possible benefit could there be to giving him the boot?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kybaseball Wrote:My point wasn't if it was right or wrong,it was that he has moved on why can't other people? He may be bummed a little that would be understandable one thing about it though he got to spend 3 years on the team. How many of us on here or every kid that is a UK fan wouldn't be happy with just 1 year on the team? See what i'm saying here?

I understand your point, I just don't see the reasoning behind giving him the boot. I can see saying that his policy is to no longer accept any new walkons on the team. I just don't see what the harm would have been in letting existing guys stay on board.

I'm not terribly upset about this, and I'm not ripping on Coach Cal. He made a decision I disagreed with, and that's that. If this issue is the only thing I ever have to disagree with him on, that's pretty good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I understand your point, I just don't see the reasoning behind giving him the boot. I can see saying that his policy is to no longer accept any new walkons on the team. I just don't see what the harm would have been in letting existing guys stay on board.

I'm not terribly upset about this, and I'm not ripping on Coach Cal. He made a decision I disagreed with, and that's that. If this issue is the only thing I ever have to disagree with him on, that's pretty good.

He had to trim the fat from the program.:biggrin: I see what your saying.