Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
58th District Champ?
"Cats Fan" Wrote:ONLY TALENT BL HAS IS CLARK AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT! THE REST ARE MEDICOCRE TO TERRIBLE!

:!:
without the mediocre to terrible what would kim clark be??? Terrible... alone with them it takes a team to win not an individual....so get a life!!! And personally i dont think darcy hicks is that good at all she can barley move...and if u put a little pressure on molly burchett what is she....in the bl game she only had 10 points, so that shows what defense can do...if bl had five good defensive players they would be unstopable....but since they dont, they are beatable....but not terrible!!!!
Talent..unusual innate ability. Yes, I will agree that Kim Clark has a lot of natural talent. It is in her blood seeing as she is the 3rd Clark child to play and be a stand out for Betsy Layne. Have that said, I do not believe that she is the ONLY talented player on this team. Kristal Daniels is unbelievable when she is on her game and I will agree that Akers is money from 15 feet. Kristen has improved so much this season and her quickness and ability to break away is impressive. However, I will agree that PHS has some talent on their team as well. Talent Smalent, it all boils down to the team that can play together, unselfishly and listen to their coach. A coach has to be able to recognize what changes need to be made and help their team utilize their advantages. I say BL will win in this competition, but it won't be because of talent or the lack there of..it will be because they, as a team, are simply better.
"BLHSalum53" Wrote:Talent..unusual innate ability. Yes, I will agree that Kim Clark has a lot of natural talent. It is in her blood seeing as she is the 3rd Clark child to play and be a stand out for Betsy Layne. Have that said, I do not believe that she is the ONLY talented player on this team. Kristal Daniels is unbelievable when she is on her game and I will agree that Akers is money from 15 feet. Kristen has improved so much this season and her quickness and ability to break away is impressive. However, I will agree that PHS has some talent on their team as well. Talent Smalent, it all boils down to the team that can play together, unselfishly and listen to their coach. A coach has to be able to recognize what changes need to be made and help their team utilize their advantages. I say BL will win in this competition, but it won't be because of talent or the lack there of..it will be because they, as a team, are simply better.
Well said, I agree
i agree with 15thRegionCrazy......talent isn't the total package....those of you that think it is...then you don't know much about basketball. you have to have teamwork, hard working girls, good defense and THEN comes the talent. a talented player would have hardly ANY points without the assists, rebounds and defense of the dirty work players....the district is wide open in my eyes.
"blhsballers`" Wrote:ok 1st of all what talent does p-burg have??? Molly Burchett....Megan Slone is a joke...she can only score when she plays against sucky teams like piarist...yeah she has her good games and bad...but she not very consistent and neither is the rest of their players....so I think BL has no problem...if both teams play to their potiential BL will win by 30!!!!
The only joke I see is the little guard for BL named Smith.. She scored 17 against Pburg but that was because they left her alone and focused on Clark all night....Clark is all BL has...When she has a bad night, they lose..Molly Burchett is a player she always has been...Megan is a good ball player, Its nice of you to notice she isnt very comsistent,considering she ia averaging double digit in points...lol...Pburg is talented...Kristen Daniels is not a player, she is TALL and that is it....If BL is so much better than PBurg, why did Pburg take them to OT and only lose by 5?

Posted Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:42 am:

"blhsballers`" Wrote:without the mediocre to terrible what would kim clark be??? Terrible... alone with them it takes a team to win not an individual....so get a life!!! And personally i dont think darcy hicks is that good at all she can barley move...and if u put a little pressure on molly burchett what is she....in the bl game she only had 10 points, so that shows what defense can do...if bl had five good defensive players they would be unstopable....but since they dont, they are beatable....but not terrible!!!!
Kim Clark is a player bottom Line
I agree Baller.. Clark is the best.. nobody else on the team compares. Daniels scores because she's tall and Smith because of her speed..they don't score because of their talent. And if anyone thinks Smith is better than Burchett... well thats a joke
"blhsballers`" Wrote:without the mediocre to terrible what would kim clark be??? Terrible... alone with them it takes a team to win not an individual....so get a life!!! And personally i dont think darcy hicks is that good at all she can barley move...and if u put a little pressure on molly burchett what is she....in the bl game she only had 10 points, so that shows what defense can do...if bl had five good defensive players they would be unstopable....but since they dont, they are beatable....but not terrible!!!!

Get a life? :lol: Darcey Hicks can barely move? :lol: She seemed to be moving good when playing BL. It seems your the one who needs to get a life, you say all BL starters are talented. :lol:

Posted Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:03 pm:

"blhsballers`" Wrote:ok 1st of all what talent does p-burg have??? Molly Burchett....Megan Slone is a joke...she can only score when she plays against sucky teams like piarist...yeah she has her good games and bad...but she not very consistent and neither is the rest of their players....so I think BL has no problem...if both teams play to their potiential BL will win by 30!!!!

BL winning by 30 :lol: . Megan Slone's a joke but shes putting up double digits every game. Confusedhock:
OK ....you can talk about BL not having talent thats ok ...we will see who wins in the end....and BL is a lot better than p-burg and if you will take a look at the stats that you keep clark was having a bad game against p-burg and burchett had a little defense put on her and your right smith did have 17 points in the p-burg game BECAUSE SHE WAS LEFT OPEN...but thats the important part when everyone else is having a bad night ...someone has to step up!!! And the were concentrating on clark because she is awesome. And shes never underated when it come to "#1 PLAYER IN THE 15TH.... in front of burchett slone and hicks....lol.... But smith may not be better than burchett!!! So we will see what the outcomes are....and also keep in mind that p-burg was BL's first game of the season...they have played much better competition and beat them by 30!!!
Like I said , Pburg could win, but that doesnt mean they will..Aker's runs a good team, she knows how to use Clark.. It would not suprise me to see BL win.Pburg isnt playing very good ball at this point in time..Nothing is for sure..You never know, SF could beat BL in the first round of the district and AC could beat Pburg...These things are unperdictable
Why is everyone so concentrated on talent? A person who has ZERO talent wouldn't be able to score 17 points, even if left open. I can be left open all day and not score 17 points, ha! In any case, the team who wins the district will be a team composed of much more than natural ability. The team will need patience, accurate coaching strategies, intelligent decisions, and the pure desire to be #1.
"BLHSalum53" Wrote:Why is everyone so concentrated on talent? A person who has ZERO talent wouldn't be able to score 17 points, even if left open. I can be left open all day and not score 17 points, ha! In any case, the team who wins the district will be a team composed of much more than natural ability. The team will need patience, accurate coaching strategies, intelligent decisions, and the pure desire to be #1.
Good Post
we will just see how bad u think Prestonsburg is next time you play us....you dont need to be shooting your mouth off blhsballer unless your ready to back it up/.
This post is waaaayyy toooooo negative!

BL is the front-runner with them having the group returning form last year's championship team. The road goes thru Betsy Layne. However, I have seen AC & P'burg play good enough to beat them and bad enough to not make it to the regional tourney.

Best of luck to all 58 teams, including the 3 top teams & Piarist & South Floyd!!!!
With the way BL has played the last couple of games, Prestonsburg or Allen Central has a great shot at beating them if they don't pick it up.. This years tourny will be won by whoever comes to play on that night
Amen.
You never know come tournament time. I would love to say South Floyd but I'm going to have to say Betsy Layne. Talent isn't everything, it's how you play the game. Talent helps though...lol :lol:
hey blhs baller......looks like meaghan slone isnt a joke after all....i mean hell she shut down Kim clark when Pburg played you all....and as for kristen smith...she needs to wake up and realize she is the one who is over rated! she is the real joke! and i guess Darcey Hicks isnt as slow as you thought because she kept up with smith all night long!!!