Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge/Harlan/Betsy Layne Scrimmage
tell me what you think about the team and how they will do
This should be a good scrimmage for all teams. East Ridge is undoubtfully the strongest and moth athletic team. I see them 2-3 TDs better then BL and 3-4 better then Harlan. I can see BL and Harlen being pretty much the same. BL has done alot of improving so I would say BL would be within 1-2 TDs of Harlan.
Yea I it will be good for all teams to see where there at and what they need to work on...can't wait...High school football is fantastic...:rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Real Badman Wrote:This should be a good scrimmage for all teams. East Ridge is undoubtfully the strongest and moth athletic team. I see them 2-3 TDs better then BL and 3-4 better then Harlan. I can see BL and Harlen being pretty much the same. BL has done alot of improving so I would say BL would be within 1-2 TDs of Harlan.

IMO the ER and BL game will be closer than what ur saying, the only edge ER has on BL is that there a 3A school a few more players that can be in and out of the game. As far as the offense for the Bobcats they'll keep up score for score...
East Ridge will bring around 20 more players compared to BL and Harlan IMO. East Ridge brings back just about as many starters as BL has players. I have never seen East Ridge lose aganist BL..Not even in JV games.
i agree er will beat them both by 2 td's bl and h game should be good
Real Badman Wrote:This should be a good scrimmage for all teams. East Ridge is undoubtfully the strongest and moth athletic team. I see them 2-3 TDs better then BL and 3-4 better then Harlan. I can see BL and Harlen being pretty much the same. BL has done alot of improving so I would say BL would be within 1-2 TDs of Harlan.

East Ridge was 1-9 last year and they are 3-4 touchdowns better than Harlan?
How many players does East Ridge have? How many players did they lose from last year?
East Ridges record shouldnt reflect how good or bad they will be this season. Harlan didnt play anyone near the cailabar of the teams East Ridge played either so Im sure if Harlan or Betsy Layne played Sheldon Clark or Belfry it would end in a "L" aswell. Im not sure of the exact number of players East Ridge has. They lost 7 players to graduation, and bring back most of there offense and defense. I still stand by my decision and say ER is 3-4 TD's better then Harlan. If East Ridge were to lose, it would be their own fault.
I agree. ER is to good for Harlan and BL. I went to one of there practices and the qb brian casey was as big as the linemen and the rb patrick casey looked great and the other rb dalton lewis looked great michale stilltner look great to and there deffense will be one of the best in this region this year so i think er will do some pretty good thing this year but GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS! GO WARRIORS!
Magoffin, South Floyd and Knott don't sound too scary. You don't think Hazard is "near" the caliber of those teams, or even Shelby Valley or Grundy?

I agree that Harlan would have probably lost to all the teams that East Ridge lost to last year, but I don't see a big difference. Harlan played Hazard, the state runner-up last year, and Pikeville. I think those two teams are better than most of the teams that East Ridge played. Harlan will play Corbin, Knox Central and Hazard this year.

I'll give Harlan the slight edge against East Ridge.
palmer Wrote:Magoffin, South Floyd and Knott don't sound too scary. You don't think Hazard is "near" the caliber of those teams, or even Shelby Valley or Grundy?

I agree that Harlan would have probably lost to all the teams that East Ridge lost to last year, but I don't see a big difference. Harlan played Hazard, the state runner-up last year, and Pikeville. I think those two teams are better than most of the teams that East Ridge played. Harlan will play Corbin, Knox Central and Hazard this year.

I'll give Harlan the slight edge against East Ridge.

Well Magoffin, SF, and Knott Co. might not be up to par with Hazard or Pikeville...But Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Letcher Central, Haysi, VA are just as good if not better. Also take into consideration East Ridge brought in a new coach. This is Brads 2nd year now. Everyone is down to pat with everything at East Ridge now. Either way with as many athletes as East Ridge will bring and from what Iv seen and know Ill take East Ridge by a fairly streached margain. :1:

Can any bobcat fans tell me what kind of scrimmage this will be? Like a 10 play series per team? or a timed quarterd game?
is it gonna be a game or what
buddy you will juss have to show up and find out an bl will dominate cause there unstopable
Haha I doubt they will be dominating but ibsee them being a little better than last year.
not a game when 3 teams are involved.
Actually, the first scrimmage is hardly ever done like a game.
Clock might never stop, IF it's used.
Coaches will be on the field, and kickers won't.
I think Harlan will be the better of the three teams mention
anyone know the rundown for these games?
(When/who plays who/etc)
Any updates?
Betsy Layne pretty much out performed all the teams. Casey, Dillion and the defense for BL took over all the scrimmages. Don't get me wrong there was some spurts when Harlan played Eastridge but BL dominated this one...
i know, right? Wrote:Haha I doubt they will be dominating but ibsee them being a little better than last year.

lol sry to tell u this but BLHS did dominate these games and beat ur precious warriors by 5 Tds and beating harlen with a goal line stand soo for all those that think the bobcats will be push overs this year u better watch out cause the bobcats are out for nothing but W's this year and looks like nutin is going to stop them
warriors#55 Wrote:I agree. ER is to good for Harlan and BL. I went to one of there practices and the qb brian casey was as big as the linemen and the rb patrick casey looked great and the other rb dalton lewis looked great michale stilltner look great to and there deffense will be one of the best in this region this year so i think er will do some pretty good thing this year but GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS! GO WARRIORS!

kinda bad when you and Real bad man thinks the ER was going to be the best team at the scrimmage and better than both teams.........if i recall they turned the ball over almost 9 times and 6 was to BL....and dont be suprised to see ER go mabe 1-9 or 0-10 this year
Ok heres the rundown from mine and the Pikeville College football coaches point of view:

"10 Play Series"
East Ridge started aganist the Harlan Defense..East Ridge drove the ball down the field before fumbling. The Betsy Layne offense then had its shot at the Harlen Defense, driving it down too score on Harlan. East Ridge got back on the field too play the Betsy Layne defense. Driving it down the field before fumbling yet again. East Ridge then switched too defense too take on the Harlan offense. Harlan basically getting no yardage on that series. Harlan offense would take on the BL D driving it down fiels at will on them and scoring. ER came back out too play Harlan D and scoring on them about after 9 plays. Overall if this was a its own game this time BL would beat ER 2-1 ER would beat Harlan 3-2 and Harlan would beat BL 2-1.

"Game Situation"
Theres really no point of me going over just about every drive on this so Im just going to go over a real quick rundown.(Not counting JV)

ER tie with BL 2-2
Harlan would beat BL 2-1
ER would Harlan 1-0

All teams played like they could have played better...but then again this is a scrimmage and this is the point...too get better. And for the record "allstar#19" ER had 4 Turnovers BL had 2 and Harlan and 3. Get your facts straight first.
Sorry Real Badman
Total Scoring
BL 5 ER 0
BL 3 Harlan 2

We destroyed ER. ER will struggle if they dont hold on to the ball. BL had one turnover that was it. And it was against ER. When he got the int. the ref blew the whistle.
Real Badman Wrote:Ok heres the rundown from mine and the Pikeville College football coaches point of view:

"10 Play Series"
East Ridge started aganist the Harlan Defense..East Ridge drove the ball down the field before fumbling. The Betsy Layne offense then had its shot at the Harlen Defense, driving it down too score on Harlan. East Ridge got back on the field too play the Betsy Layne defense. Driving it down the field before fumbling yet again. East Ridge then switched too defense too take on the Harlan offense. Harlan basically getting no yardage on that series. Harlan offense would take on the BL D driving it down fiels at will on them and scoring. ER came back out too play Harlan D and scoring on them about after 9 plays. Overall if this was a its own game this time BL would beat ER 2-1 ER would beat Harlan 3-2 and Harlan would beat BL 2-1.

"Game Situation"
Theres really no point of me going over just about every drive on this so Im just going to go over a real quick rundown.(Not counting JV)

ER tie with BL 2-2
Harlan would beat BL 2-1
ER would Harlan 1-0

All teams played like they could have played better...but then again this is a scrimmage and this is the point...too get better. And for the record "allstar#19" ER had 4 Turnovers BL had 2 and Harlan and 3. Get your facts straight first.

lol apparently you wasnt at the game to see that ER did not drive on harlen or BL....srry to tell you real bad man but were ever you got ur facts there completely wrong
The O line protected Martin very well tonight IMO, and on Defense, everyone was getting to the ball.

Undoubtedly?
Oops.
I love how the betsy Layne fans know everything. I know for a fact ER scored 3 defensive touchdowns last night. I have the entire game on film. Im just telling you what myself and some of the Pikeville College Bears coaching staff seen.
Real Badman Wrote:I love how the betsy Layne fans know everything. I know for a fact ER scored 3 defensive touchdowns last night. I have the entire game on film. Im just telling you what myself and some of the Pikeville College Bears coaching staff seen.

Do you think ER will be improved from last year? Or should I expect something similar?
ER may have scored 3 def TDs but 1 was blown dead by the offical cause his knee was down we got the film of these games also......expect the same ER team this year they only ran mabe 6 plays and was all out of the same formation everytime