Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brooks Suspends Gonzalez & Boyd
Kentucky football head coach, Rich Brooks has suspended starting senior center Jorge Gonzalez for the Miami (OH) game and has also suspended sophomore receiver Aaron Boyd for a week of practice. No other detail where released.

I'm assuming the two got into a fight.
Hopefully the two young men can get their heads on straight and move on.
Aaron Boyd slips up again I'd say he's gone.

Lots of rumblings have come out of Boyd from last season.

He's just bad for team chemistry.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Aaron Boyd slips up again I'd say he's gone.

I agree. He's been trouble since he's got there.
I don't think it had anything to do with a fight, but minor stuff in the grand scheme of things. More than likely it has more to deal with academic issues or minor team disciplinary issues.

Matt Smith was pushing Gonzalez for his starting Center spot as it was and Boyd has simply been a disappointment since he came on campus. Boyd was probably buried behind Cobb, McCaskill, Matthews, Fields, Adeyemi, and Roark as it stood.
In the grand scheme of things, neither is a big loss. Gonzalez was the starting center, but Matt Smith has played well, and should gain some nice game experience against Miami. What little dropoff there may be from losing Gonzalez shouldn't matter against an opponent like Miami.

As for Boyd, he's not even going to miss a game, but who would even know if he did? The kid has been a big disappointment so far, and looks like he may not see the field much this year anyway. At this point he's probably 4th string or worse behind Cobb, Matthews, Lanxter, McCaskill, and others. I am starting to doubt he will finish his career at UK.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:In the grand scheme of things, neither is a big loss. Gonzalez was the starting center, but Matt Smith has played well, and should gain some nice game experience against Miami. What little dropoff there may be from losing Gonzalez shouldn't matter against an opponent like Miami.

As for Boyd, he's not even going to miss a game, but who would even know if he did? The kid has been a big disappointment so far, and looks like he may not see the field much this year anyway. At this point he's probably 4th string or worse behind Cobb, Matthews, Lanxter, McCaskill, and others. I am starting to doubt he will finish his career at UK.

Good post! :Thumbs:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Aaron Boyd slips up again I'd say he's gone.

Have been hearing the same on other forums
Yeah, Boyd came to UK with a lot of hype and has far from lived up to it so far. Like a lot of good athletes, he seems to try to get by on natural talent alone instead of working hard as well.