Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Basketball Schedule to be Released Thursday (Aug. 20)
The 2009-2010 UK Men's Basketball schedule is set to release Thursday at 10pm on the UK Basketball Network.

Per Dave Baker.
I hope it lives up to the hype.
its out at the rupp right now you just got to know who to ask....
Obviously some people have access to it, ESPN just scheduled College Game Day for the Feb. 13th UT@UK game.

One thing I do wonder about though is - why is it being released at 10 PM? Why so late? Do some think it will disappoint, so they're waiting until late at night, so there's no discussion about it on the talk radio shows? Or is it just prime-time maneuvering?
Thursday night at 10.... Here is a tweet from Coach Cal confirming it . "UK & the BBSN will release the men's basketball schedule on a one-hour TV special on WKYT at 10 pm Thursday night"

I also read there will be interviews with players and coaches. Should be pretty cool.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Thursday night at 10.... Here is a tweet from Coach Cal confirming it . "UK & the BBSN will release the men's basketball schedule on a one-hour TV special on WKYT at 10 pm Thursday night"

I also read there will be interviews with players and coaches. Should be pretty cool.

i will def have to watch this
ComfortEagle Wrote:I hope it lives up to the hype.

I'm more interested in the Cats livig up to the hype....:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:I'm more interested in the Cats livig up to the hype....:biggrin:
amen to that but after watching wall more and more he's for real and cousins.
This boils down to one thing, and one thing only. BUSINESS.

Uk and Calipari know that they have a product that is high in demand. Right now UK fans are on cloud 9 and desperate to soak up anything having to with the basketball team. All they are doing tonight is finding a way for UK Athletics to pick up some extra coin from advertisers who will air their commercials during the broadcast. It also smears UK's name in the face of UofL even more.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This boils down to one thing, and one thing only. BUSINESS.

Uk and Calipari know that they have a product that is high in demand. Right now UK fans are on cloud 9 and desperate to soak up anything having to with the basketball team. All they are doing tonight is finding a way for UK Athletics to pick up some extra coin from advertisers who will air their commercials during the broadcast. It also smears UK's name in the face of UofL even more.

Im proud to be one of the fans on cloud 9, it just feels great to have something to be excited about.

But im worried like many other people,that with all this hype, I will end up disappointed at seasons end.
Only in Kentucky will we watch a 1 hour TV show devoted solely to releasing the next year's basketball schedule. And yes, I am including myself in that group.

Basketball = state religion of KY
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Only in Kentucky will we watch a 1 hour TV show devoted solely to releasing the next year's basketball schedule. And yes, I am including myself in that group.

Basketball = state religion of KY

I will be watching and counting the days until Big Blue Madness.
I Can't wait