Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let the lawsuits rain down
First of all.......I'm not a Christian, but I do believe that God is a higher power. Having said that.......I don't see anything wrong with the class......I went to a private college (Catholic) and we were required to take a religous course every semister taught by Priest or Nun and I didn't become Catholic.......but I learned to understand their form of religion, so in my pea brain............why not teach a class so people can understand the Bible in it's King James form? We teach Spanish, kids don't become Mexican, we teach PE and not everyone is athletic, we teach drivers ed, and we still have accidents. Maybe I'm looking at this in to simple form.
I have an idea...........let's teach an ACLU class so we can all become "open minded" and much more wiser!
Youngerthandirt Wrote:First of all.......I'm not a Christian, but I do believe that God is a higher power. Having said that.......I don't see anything wrong with the class......I went to a private college (Catholic) and we were required to take a religous course every semister taught by Priest or Nun and I didn't become Catholic.......but I learned to understand their form of religion, so in my pea brain............why not teach a class so people can understand the Bible in it's King James form? We teach Spanish, kids don't become Mexican, we teach PE and not everyone is athletic, we teach drivers ed, and we still have accidents. Maybe I'm looking at this in to simple form.
I have an idea...........let's teach an ACLU class so we can all become "open minded" and much more wiser!

Pretty dang on good post!!! Thanks for sharing, again, this was pretty solid! :Thumbs:
Youngerthandirt Wrote:First of all.......I'm not a Christian, but I do believe that God is a higher power. Having said that.......I don't see anything wrong with the class......I went to a private college (Catholic) and we were required to take a religous course every semister taught by Priest or Nun and I didn't become Catholic.......but I learned to understand their form of religion, so in my pea brain............why not teach a class so people can understand the Bible in it's King James form? We teach Spanish, kids don't become Mexican, we teach PE and not everyone is athletic, we teach drivers ed, and we still have accidents. Maybe I'm looking at this in to simple form.

Great post:biggrin:

GREAT POST, and I agree !!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
I have no problem with an optional history of the Bible being taught. I also believe they need a history of religions class so that students can have knowledge and understanding about the other religions in the world. Many of our youth will be going into the corporate world or in the military where they will be traveling overseas and this will give them a better understanding of the culture in that country. I also believe in sex education should be taught in the schools. I believe most people think that abstinence is the best choice, but teaching abstinence only is down right stupid. So the more knowledge we give our children in school about a variety of subjects, the better off they will be. Lets get the right wing nuts and the left wing nuts out of schools and use common sense.
I don't see an issue with this. The class is not required, and it will only be offered if 15 or more students actively pursue to take the class.
Beetle01 Wrote:I don't see an issue with this. The class is not required, and it will only be offered if 15 or more students actively pursue to take the class.

Good post. Thanks for pointing this out that its an optional curriculum.