Mine are... in no particular order.....

Emily Mills- LC
Emily Castle- Paintsville
Sarah Williams- JC
Sara Kinny- AC
Amanda Sawyers- SV
Kendra Horn- LC
Megan Hamilton- BL
Caitlin Conley pitched better than Amanda Sawyers by far. The best player from SV this year seemed to be Kayla Cantrell.
Shantelle Horn is one of the best overall student athletes in the 15th as well as the state. She will have several colleges to choose from.
Cassandra " Veda " Salyers...more than likely the best catcher in the 15th region and will throw you out without even standing up...a great talent that Magoffin County has...
District winners East Ridge returns their entire roster minus the catcher so I imagine that a majority of those girls will show improvement from last year to be the top team in the district again and one of the top in the region.
Veda has never caught before... she usually pitches..
and East Ridge is always has a great program I just don't know any of the names up that way Only one i know is Conley and she is a great pitcher
Caitlin Conley, Beth Anders, Whitney Mullins, Holly McCarty, Bre Bentley, Kristina Fields, and a ton of other talent return for East Ridge. Catcher Rebecca Vanover was the only girl who graduate from last season's program.
Brandi "B.J." Howard, Junior Speedster, leadoff batter and centerfielder for Magoffin has got to be in there!
Taylor Murphy - PC
evenbetter Wrote:Veda has never caught before... she usually pitches..
and East Ridge is always has a great program I just don't know any of the names up that way Only one i know is Conley and she is a great pitcher

Yes, she has.
She caught throughtout summer league, during the State Tournament (which Magoffin won) and at Nationals.
I think Besty Layne will have a good softball team this with Hamilton, Martin, and the furture is promise to.
caitlyn conley
I believe Belfry will have a decent team this year.
i think ac will be good even though they will have a new coach an they didnt loose any real key players last year really still the same time but only time will tell how it will go
thetribe Wrote:District winners East Ridge returns their entire roster minus the catcher so I imagine that a majority of those girls will show improvement from last year to be the top team in the district again and one of the top in the region.
Lawrence Co. Also returns their entire roster minus the cather. LC will be loaded with talent agian I just hope the coaches will get up to par with the talent level they have and win the region this year.Good luck Lady Dawgs
rebelgirl_09 Wrote:i think ac will be good even though they will have a new coach an they didnt loose any real key players last year really still the same time but only time will tell how it will go

I agree, Allen Central will return a lot of talent this season, I look for these girls to come out and make some noise.
East Ridge will win the 15th this year.....i think with all the returning talent and with the time it has took this young team to mature..this year will be the year..and just think if Brittany Swindall and Amanda Sawyers would have stayed home....they would be an absolute powerhouse of a team....same story in baseketball for the lady warriors.... Valley(West Ridge) will be alright....but not good enough to take the district crown much less the regional...

But good luck to all teams... Big Grin
You can say veda, or Brandi Howard, but Chelsey Cole is by far the best player on Magoffin Counties team.
BUNDY Wrote:You can say veda, or Brandi Howard, but Chelsey Cole is by far the best player on Magoffin Counties team.
Chelsey is no doubt a great player and is improving each year, but to say she is by far the best player on MC's team is an overstatement. MC would be hurting without either of these girls as they all three are great athletes and contribute much to the team.
Catlin Conley - Shelby Valley
Lady Vols Wrote:Catlin Conley - Shelby Valley

Caitlin Conley - East Ridge
east ridge will be great and i cant wait till ball season start :Thumbs: :devilflam those will be on fire
If Magoffin dont make it to regions this year, there is something way wrong because they have the 3 best players in the district. Brandi Howard, Cassandra "Veda" Salyer and Chelsey Cole.
Wow thats not even close magoffin has very talented players and u have none of them.
Megan Hamilton and Lindsey Martin from BL are both really good but rarely talked about due to the team's lack of pitching and poor records.
Taylor Murphy- Pike Central
Chloe Blair JCHS
Sarah Williams JCHS
Both girls rock. Pitcher and catcher.
Caitlin Conley is having a great year,
I watched her pitch against Pikeville and she was really throwing the ball hard.